Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 18

Author Topic: Roll to Become a Hero: See, bees are trained to fly haphazardly  (Read 26769 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Become a Hero: A Heroic Firefight
« Reply #180 on: February 05, 2017, 11:42:32 am »

Chronus looks down at himself, then back at Elizabeth

"... What part of this shitty platemail looks swooshy or cloaklike? Is the smoke giving you cataracts?"
« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 11:44:33 am by Dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: February 05, 2017, 03:39:12 pm »

"Good plan, Chronus.  Just give me a moment to heal mys... Hey, Smith, where you going?  Wait for the group, we just watched one guy get beaten almost to death for rushing ahead!"

Stop Smith from charging into a tunnel alone, but don't immediately pursue him into the tunnel if he does so--heal myself to 8/12 HP first, then swap to my shield and sword.

If I do manage to stop Smith from being suicidal, stay in the group, at Chronus' suggested position of the safe middle.  Heal myself to 8/12 HP.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 05, 2017, 03:43:48 pm »

Stevi shrugged after Asa didn't take his offer.

Stevi & the GoatsTM follow the group, using the suggested marching order except Stevi is slightly behind the goats.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 05, 2017, 05:07:47 pm »

"Chronus left his billowy cloak at the fort. There aren't enough dramatic breezes in caves to warrant wearing it. Anyway, you all stick close. The next group will probably be bigger."

Grab some of the slime cores, then follow the rat light with shield and longsword. Make sure I'm leading a group and not wandering off by myself. Keep an eye on the ceiling. If we come to another large chamber, let the rat proceed in to provide enough light and wait for the others to catch up if necessary. Don't wander into anywhere by myself.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 02:12:35 am by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 05, 2017, 05:29:41 pm »

ah good point. When we come back though I'm taking that copper.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Roll to Become a Hero: Spot Checks? What are those?
« Reply #185 on: February 13, 2017, 10:49:39 am »

Asa tries to crawl over to a rock and secure himself in a more comfortable sitting position.
You spend almost five minutes dragging yourself over to a semi-small boulder which you use to help prop yourself up in a seating position. Altogether the area is surprisingly calm as you view the area around the hill that is strangely devoid of most dirt, but amidst all the pain you've been feeling up to this point a sharp stab of pain flashes across your throat before your vision fades.

Asa Giles has been slain.

Players vs Slimes, Surprise Round!

The party quickly forms up as Chronus advised, some gathering the slime cores into their pouches while others tend to wounds or swap out their weaponry for better alternatives. In the end a prepared group, one member short from the original party, heads down the copper tunnel and quickly enters into a second chamber guided by a mage lighted rat (some of you are beginning to suspect Chronus is a king of rats). However, even with the light and extra precautions the leading member, Jase, finds himself unable to react to the ambush of five small slimes as they pour from the darkness to assault the invaders.

A rain of blows smashes into the stunned Jase leaving behind dents on armor and tearing out wounds that begin to pour blood as the guardsman stumbles backwards, away from the enemies.

Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Loot (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Chronus, Dermonster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Undead Rat (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Stevi, Caellath (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Farm Goat Companions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Elizabeth, Egan_BW (click to show/hide)

GM Note: The first death has been achieved!

Also, this delay was brought to you by the Witcher 3, crushing hopes and dreams while instilling enjoyment since ... well whenever it came out :v

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Become a Hero: Spot Checks? What are those?
« Reply #186 on: February 13, 2017, 10:57:27 am »

(Sad trombone)
I'm sure I'll make another sheet soon. Mayhaps someone more... capable.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: February 13, 2017, 11:11:12 am »

((I said let the rat go in to provide light. I never said follow the rat in.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 13, 2017, 12:19:53 pm »

Dammit, forgot to reload. Can we assume that I reloaded it while standing around being useless?

Shield and shortsword go! Hit slime 1 with two slashes, hopefully killing it before it can act. If this action would put me too far in the open, instead throw my axe at slime 1.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 13, 2017, 12:42:37 pm »

"We've got hostiles! To arms! If you get seriously injured, fall back!"

Give medical aid to anyone who comes for it. Otherwise withering blast slimes.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 13, 2017, 01:34:59 pm »

Bash the slimes with the hammer. Be a meatsheidl for syv.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 03:27:16 pm by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: February 13, 2017, 02:39:25 pm »

((I did offer you the healing potion in exchange for payment.))

Stevi & the GoatsTM attack slimes with a goat stampede if there's enough room, with Stevi spanking the slimes with his Reach staff. Stevi and the Mountain Goat focus on Slime 2 at first, and the following goats provide stomping support to eliminate the next slimes in the initiative, hopefully before they counter-attack.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: February 14, 2017, 11:57:36 am »

((I said let the rat go in to provide light. I never said follow the rat in.))
The rat when in first, you guys examined the cavern and saw nothing even with it in there first (hence the thread title), and then you walked inside as a group (from having waited to ensure you guys were together). All in all, your action was followed :v

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: February 14, 2017, 01:36:33 pm »

((Fair enough. Shoulda been more clearly paranoid in my action and said to wait outside the cavern and throw in more light sources if the rat didn't reveal anything. Can I attack and use my health poultice in the same turn? Also, Witchfire isn't actual fire, right? It won't ignite the slimes?))

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 18