Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 57

Author Topic: Fallacy's BYOR 2: Game over! Post-game write up up.  (Read 92338 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR 2(9/9): Day 1: The beginning: voting weirdness.
« Reply #195 on: March 05, 2017, 08:43:38 pm »

TBF: I asked you a question.

webadict: So it's Smstr w/ Love all over again, eh?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: March 05, 2017, 08:45:07 pm »

@4mask:I'll get to it, I just need to get the stuff together.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: March 05, 2017, 08:47:19 pm »

Incoming sporadic quotepasta.
In contrast, while your meta is brevity due to phone--not acknowledging other people is both rude, and a rather acrid tell on the scum Ph meter. It's not rather a scumtell because one can actually be town while focusing on others, but what does that entail for anyone is the implications of your activity. Scum can easily use that if you're town, and if you're scum it's rather not a good way of playing the day game [did...you take up a BM? ._.] as it lessens your opportunities UNLESS there is verifiable notes in your role [that given this setting and setup, is reasonable in part] which allows you to confer or get a substantial read on other people.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: March 05, 2017, 08:49:09 pm »

Huh.  The megaphone sounds relevant.
That was the item I felt belonged to you.
Also, the basket of herbs sounds like something DA could use.
Sigtext

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: March 05, 2017, 08:51:13 pm »

More Tiruinstuff:
Wooooow. "Role archetype". ::)
So in my impression, you're just like webadict who has some sorta info on other people. Oooooo.
Nice response :V
But why are you in anyway communicating this freely when it's pretty much inferred from people?
Emphasis added.
Sigtext

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: March 05, 2017, 08:56:43 pm »

Yet more Tiruinstuff that I believe I never got an answer to:
...Curious.
You submitted a Shakeragian role, with an intent. There is no way someone can submit a role with an intent as it declarifies the game and pretty much makes bias out of the GM, who would be impartial (and I doubt this is so bastard/twisted that the GM becomes a force within the game >_>)
Sigtext

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 05, 2017, 09:00:57 pm »

Okay so....

While having quotes is nice, it's the explanation and analysis of the quotes that actually counts.  You need to explain _why_ you find these quotes scummy, as opposed to just posting them.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 05, 2017, 09:01:22 pm »

OH FOR FUCKS SAKES WHY DO I ALWAYS DO THAT WHEN I WANT TO ITALICIZE SOMETHING!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 05, 2017, 09:04:49 pm »

I miss that game... There was so much more to the flavor text than anyone really understood.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 05, 2017, 09:10:00 pm »

OH FOR FUCKS SAKES WHY DO I ALWAYS DO THAT WHEN I WANT TO ITALICIZE SOMETHING!
Presumably because you're used to Markdown.

Okay so....

While having quotes is nice, it's the explanation and analysis of the quotes that actually counts.  You need to explain _why_ you find these quotes scummy, as opposed to just posting them.
That may have to wait until RL cooperates with me slightly more than it has been.
Sigtext

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 06, 2017, 12:00:14 am »

You're defending someone else.  It looks like you're buddying up.
Defending how? She's merely speaking about what she thinks about her friend -- Cinder and flame99 and BHK are friends outside of Mafia, and I do know that while they communicate with each other over the internet, they've got integrity during gaming that they don't disclose anything or give any subtle hints at all towards their current gameplay to each other.

How is it buddying when one says 'This person is new, their background of Mafia is as such'?

And how is this kind of 'defending' seen by you and webadict, although I get the reasoning for questioning her like that.

Just tell me the darn questions!
Alrighty O_O
First is while you've been tunneling on webadict, you have possibly and inevitably read other people's posts (unless for some reason you're scrolling your phone, finding the kinged penguin avatar and reading only that...), so thereby you would have situational awareness. Back in my post which I now realize is missing another darn tab because of my lolinternets, I would be Unvoting because of having a difficult time in parsing your scumplay (and...mostly because of your comment in that one previous game that said 'I've been scum for 3 games consecutively' and I've checked back how you behaved then); this time has me seeing you as someone concernable, but leaning town recently.

Cinder:That behavior is, while admirable out of game, very scum-looking.
Also it's lime green bro, not teal. :P
That's just 3 more lines until Lime Green.

I am somewhat suspicious of the denser-than-usual impenetrability, manufactured pretexts, and accusations of me ignoring them that aren't particularly justified.
@4maskwolf below.
It's moreso that you never quoted me or even linked what I was saying despite 4mask having done so for you beforehand >_>
So that's how I interpreted me being 'ignored'; I have mentioned it as one way or another as non-scumtell or non-towntell and moreso how you behave which can lead onto adjusting those tells.

Was there anything 'impenetrable' or mystifying or nebulous about how I spoke?
4mask:Do you think it's just bad luck we can't understand Tiruin?
Bad luck? :P I have no post restriction so everything I say can be scrutinized freely--I'd suggest direct communication as I am better read that way.

Because it didn't really hit me till now, and I'm not certain it's not just bad luck.  And I originally voted Tiruin because they weren't answering my questions.
In comparison to what? I like that you've noticed something--and 'I wasn't answering your questions' because I missed them [and then did] :v
What do you feel about how I speak?

How so?
It depends both on personal reasoning and perspective really, this question is a good follow up when such is being suggested of your actions. :O

I have no idea what you're asking for here, but in the context I'm just going to assume you're asking for reads.  Alright, here's all the non-null reads I have as of now.[...]
Danke! :D

To be followed up later.
Cinder: Neutral for one very specific reason: Cinder, BHK, and flame are apparently all dating, and honestly I don't think they should have joined a game together because I'm afraid it's going to skew their ability to find scum, especially if one or more of them are on the scumteam.  But for that reason, I can excuse the defense of flame, at least this time.
I'll probably speak in as a third-party to their integrity, but despite all that, they're not the folks to ruin the game that way [because y'know, it's something pretty much important].

But I would love to see more from them. :I :P
You can't learn better if you don't expose with guidance--and y'all got yourselves to guide you.

Tiruin:
Deus Asmoth: Can I ask a read list from you thus far given possible passive observation from you? Do you think there's
I think there might be something missing here. As regards reads, I was kind of hoping to get the secrets of the universe from webadict, but since that hasn't happened yet I'll have to muddle through.[...
I'm a squeaky boot x.x
It was to be 'Do you think there's [it was to be reworded on inquiring your impressions given people's claims and how to work with a Kingmaker-variant]'

Webbywubs (~'u')~
[...]

Webadict:
Webadict:
A rolename is a much higher price than I'm asking. I never granted my own, so I do not expect as such from you.

If you wish to pay such a high price, however, there is a much better chance that I can reward something to your delight. But it may be dangerous to know the True Name of a man. Many things can be done to those that know such knowledge.

So, be wary.
Pff. True names are only headology.

My name is Esmerelda Weatherwax. They call me Granny, or the Hag o' Hags, or K'ez'rek d'b'duz, or Aaoograha hoa. I am Good, because I do what is Right. I am not Nice, and I can't be havin' with that sort of thing.

Show me what you got.
Hmm, that's a tricky one... THE Granny Weatherwax! She would want many things and nothing, though she'd never willingly tell me either.
Do I need to ask you for some information specifically, or is there a pre-selected lucky dip I can get my prize from?
Answering this question is going to paint a target on my back, but you gave your role name, so it's a fair trade to answer this: Yes. I have an inventory of items to give away, and these items are based on flavor from your role. I have an action that allows me to determine the exact item to give to a player, but this would limit my ability to do so.

And, I'll go one step further. This is a limited selection of items I have:
A [REDACTED].
A geology textbook.
A pair of binoculars.
A [REDACTED].
A sturdy pickaxe.
A basket of herbs.
A [CANADIAN REDACTED, EH].
A megaphone.
A set of [REDACTED] with [REDACTED] on them.
A [REDACTED].
A charm bracelet.
A pair of purple boots.

Redacted items are explicitly dangerous items, that I feel uneasy sharing.
:V
I feel like you're some kind of merchant of Venice and I just made a silly reference to Civilization V that is just me being silly.

That said, you mentioned many things to yourself.
Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)

Given information trading (while it'd also be more of role fishing :P and given it's cleverness, it leans down town), color me obliged! Could I ask if your task is day or night acted?

I do however believe that this isn't just a clever bluff if scum, and mightily beneficial if town or even third-party webbywubs, as I can see part of my current modifications in his list.
...Presumably >_> since FoU had fun with my role. [/grumble]
I have no idea but it feels right.

...while I am familiar with Smstr w/ Love, can you refresh me on that? :v
I think I won there. But I'm forgetful and/or can't find it given our local search engine.

Okay so....

While I can see how it may be confusing, you never bothered to quote those in the first place, TBF. :V
So I was just all ??? wondering what you are even referring to--especially given several of your posts back then being only a response [so I'm lost as to what you're even responding to, too!]

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: March 06, 2017, 12:05:45 am »

@Tiruin:Actually, that teal was an FoS.
Sigtext

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: March 06, 2017, 12:10:14 am »

Also @Tiruin:Also, now you're not being impenetrable.

But basically it was just that you sounded different relative to your normal you, and I was actually having difficulty understanding bits.
Sigtext

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: March 06, 2017, 12:13:35 am »

@Tiruin:Actually, that teal was an FoS.
>_>
<.<
So you added blue to Lime Green.

I like you.

Also @Tiruin:Also, now you're not being impenetrable.

But basically it was just that you sounded different relative to your normal you, and I was actually having difficulty understanding bits.
I've been having a tough day x~x [still, what does that mean for you ]

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: March 06, 2017, 12:19:33 am »

This might be a little bit presumptuous, seeing as I haven't played much, but I suggest we avoid trusting either Webadict or TBF. If they're fighting like this, it's doubtful that the two are both scum, but one or the other might be independent. Do note I'm not leveling an accusation and I think it's too early to try to lynch them, but let's not take what they say as granted.
Why aren't you leveling an accusation?
I...What? Because I don't think we have enough evidence to lynch either of you. What, do you want me to say you should be hung?

EDIT:
webadict:You say flame is scum.  Why?
He puts forward a binary claim and refuses to pick a side himself. It's a pretty scummy thing to do, especially considering I have doubts that he read most of what I had said.
...I'm sorry, *what*. When did I do either of those things. The both of you are acting rather scummy, going at each others throats and speaking in riddles for no clearly discernible reason. On top of that, I explicitly didn't accuse either of you, I simply stated suspicions. Are you...trying[/b to say dumb things here? :P
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 12:24:14 am by flame99 »
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 57