Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 57

Author Topic: Fallacy's BYOR 2: Game over! Post-game write up up.  (Read 92342 times)

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR 2(9/9): Day 1: The beginning: voting weirdness.
« Reply #255 on: March 06, 2017, 09:50:58 pm »

@TDS: Are you the Wordsmith, then?

Possibly yes. First I thought no, and then I read over my role PM and I'm pretty sure I am.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR 2(9/9): Day 1: And now a lynch candidate is chosen!
« Reply #256 on: March 06, 2017, 09:52:07 pm »

Also:

Tiruin, 4mask, webadict: You three suggestion-voted TBF. Do you still want to see him lynched? If not, who should be lynched instead?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR 2(9/9): Day 1: The beginning: voting weirdness.
« Reply #257 on: March 06, 2017, 10:18:38 pm »

@TDS: Are you the Wordsmith, then?

Possibly yes. First I thought no, and then I read over my role PM and I'm pretty sure I am.
Ah.

Then I have a set of obsidian tiles with letters on them for you!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: March 06, 2017, 10:33:12 pm »

Also:

Tiruin, 4mask, webadict: You three suggestion-voted TBF. Do you still want to see him lynched? If not, who should be lynched instead?
I would prefer one of BHK or flame lynched. Probably flame, because BHK is funnier.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: March 06, 2017, 11:04:52 pm »

Also:

PFP I unvoted! :I
I think it's a technical error-waitwat.
Ok I searched 'unvote', then I didn't see my own post, but I swear it was back there in my wall of text before TBF's "Tiruin you're making sense" and...
...Oh okay, I remembered right but the search doesn't include continuous verbs. And I didn't bold it either >_>

TBF: I asked you a question.

webadict: So it's Smstr w/ Love all over again, eh?
...while I am familiar with Smstr w/ Love, can you refresh me on that? :v
I think I won there. But I'm forgetful and/or can't find it given our local search engine.
Here's the link to the game.

Can we expect any reads from you, or are you just gonna ask for other's reads without giving any of your own?
Dat pressured snark. :P
I now have imagery of those ol' metal tanks used to hold air or oxygen and inside it is 'sarcasm' instead. When you release it slowly and under controlled conditions, you can actually hear understandable words instead of a hissing sound.

-TheDarkStar(?) ; ...Hello, your Majesty. :I I don't think you're doing a job of scumhunting actually, and letting other people do the work for you--although having such a role does give impressions duly by nature and activity, how you follow up your ideas are moreso questioning and...not unlike vanilla games wherein people drop each other connections and checks, this game has been moreso people working with what they've got given an unorthodox play that may be totally different for many people. :O In typing this I check the newbies and do note how they play and yours.
It feels lacking in ways.

-TheBiggerFish(?) ; check the link on webadict's read; same feels to him, (or that unvote link).
-Tiruin(?) ; Hi! I'm me :D
-webadict(?) ; See mah notes; I'm thinking third-party//town leaning given his attitude, but in a scum context I can't see efficiency in comparison to assuming his position as town or third-party (malevolent or otherwise, like the Exterminator with Intel? That feeling of "Intel" was reinforced when seeing other people do flavor checking and go 'yeah that seems right')
-Deus Asmoth(?) ; post more, same as BHK, but post more I:
-Cinder(?) ; Same as BHK, although her attitude does give her townie points as in the reactionary or curious questioning, it's less pretty much saying that she could be scum given how she worded how she asked as it comes off more as inquisitory questioning considering her viewpoint.
-BlackHeartKabal(?) ; Mostly null; can't infer much from what he's posted as I can't see much into what he's posted ._.
-flame99(?) ; leaning in the same as 4mask, while I do agree that there are points leveled against her in a very reasonable way as per experience as a player, her reactions as these are also included in reading people [/newbie tip], and if her play was scumside, this may indicate that the team is a lone-wolf kind of strategy [or a bus :P]. But honestly I don't see it in her attitude.
-4maskwolf(?) ; leaning partially town, initial reads denote a particular form of observation and reading other people, this does boop me that it's a townside maneuver instead of scumside 4mask given how it was done. Although I also feel like there's something to him that I need a re-read to do as I recall reading into something <_<

I didn't read much on pages 17 after I posted, before FoU's votecount post as per this readings.

[...]
Some brief reads (I'll write something more substantial up when I have time):

webadict: town/third party due to role and scumhunting.
flame: null/inexperienced. Others see him as scummy, but I'm withholding judgement until I have a chance to read through his posts.
Cinder:
4mask: kinda town-leaning because he's scumhunting.
Tiruin: slightly scum-leaning because she's scumhunting less than usual, but she's really hard to read.
TBF: Slight scum lean, but not as much as everyone else thinks. He might seem annoying but annoying != scum. I'll read through his posts to get a better idea on his alignment, though.
DA: Absent, so null read.
BHK: Also absent (at least on the last few pages that I've skimmed) so null read.
Ok while I also have absent and null reads...
...Scumhunting 'less than usual'? What's your basis? :P
Seriously. :I If you can say 'because they're scumhunting' compared to 'scumhunting less than usual', I don't think this is parsed in the form of refined re-reading.

So they're impressions. What caused the scum lean. What caused the town lean.
For the King, there's been a tad bit "less scumhunting" from yourself, too, in comparison. :P

Updated reads:[...]
Please say Yes or No for a TBF lynch (or at least use the colors, you can use different words that convey the same meaning like "lynch" or "don't lynch"). There is a deadline to this that I don't control, and I believe that means that Shortens and Extends are usable in this phase. I also suspect that a majority choice will decide the vote, but again, FoU will need to confirm that.

Note: FoU may enforce other rules for determining if TBF is lynched, rendering the above Null and Void.
Wow. Now that pretty much DOES tell something about the mechanics--and that you control it even further than the OP suggested :I

And dat TRANSPARENT TEXT D:< HOW WOULD FoU EVEN KNOW THAT UNLESS YOU PM THEM.

Webadict:
I'll purchase one CANADIAN EH, please.
I am curious to your intent and ability to divine by the Gods' work, as knowing my role and its...intricacies, I would like to call you on your offer, or bluff if it may be.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'd go neutral or No if there's only binary, but while I also did suggest nolynching (as it doesn't seem to be the case), lynching does remove a possible suspect for the long-term.

PFP I'MA READ THOSE LAST PAGES D:<

PPEx4. :V
And yes that means this tab/post was open before the last 4 posts :P

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: March 07, 2017, 01:06:56 am »

Addendum--just so it's in the open and not implicitly written as I thought.
I also don't want to see TBF lynched when he hasn't posted his 'results' of today's tunneling on webadict.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: March 07, 2017, 04:04:28 am »

@Tiruin: the object in question is A Bottle of Maple Syrup. If this isn't you, please say so, as giving the wrong item essentially costs me my action.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: March 07, 2017, 04:07:30 am »

Lol, BHK is kinda funny. You can send that $5 to charity because I don't need it.

I have a job to do. You get nothing from me. If anyone else wants an item, better list what you want before Night falls.
I'm still unsure what my item is but I'll bite the bullet and say that it's probably the basket of herbs.

she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: March 07, 2017, 04:13:31 am »

Also, if webadict can be trusted, then there's nothing akin to a jester/tanner in our game.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: March 07, 2017, 04:48:36 am »

Eh, might as well post the whole list:

A runic explosive.
A geology textbook.
A pair of binoculars.
A Deck of Many Things.
A sturdy pickaxe.
A basket of herbs.
A bottle of maple syrup.
A megaphone.
A set of obsidian tiles with letters on them.
A bone wand.
A charm bracelet.
A pair of purple boots.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: March 07, 2017, 07:22:19 am »

@Tiruin: the object in question is A Bottle of Maple Syrup. If this isn't you, please say so, as giving the wrong item essentially costs me my action.
* Tiruin reads.
...Well there's nothing else than assuming Maple Syrup as Canadian and nothing else seems to match my flavor [heh, pun]
Wow y'all be sending occult roles. :P

ALL THE BOOKS AND SCROLLS.
I feel so out of place in this D&D game. >_>

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: March 07, 2017, 07:25:58 am »

Yeah, the basket of herbs seems the most likely.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: March 07, 2017, 09:58:41 am »

Obviously No lynch.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: March 07, 2017, 10:07:12 am »

Can the person being lynched even vote?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: March 07, 2017, 10:27:18 am »

Can the person being lynched even vote?
Why not?
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 57