Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 57

Author Topic: Fallacy's BYOR 2: Game over! Post-game write up up.  (Read 92429 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR 2(8/9): Day 2: Weird voting continues. And somebody died.
« Reply #510 on: March 22, 2017, 10:49:52 pm »

Tiruin: Your play has seemed really different this game. You're much more aggressive and ready to push lynches on people than usual. Why?
FREEDOM, FREEDOM MY FRIEND. FREEDOM FROM THE BOURGEOIS!

Guess what a person who did nothing important than evolve last night would do--reaction tells are one option in my toolset. AND I GOT IT GIVEN YOUR ATTITUDE LATELY :I
(All my formatting does is capitalize or use any of the bold, italic, or underline set--all my tone is the same despite the size and appearance of my lettering)
AND IF I HAD A VOTE I'D DO IT TO YOU TDS.

SERIOUSLY.

What has been with your scumhunting at all lately? You've had a case on BHK-it's dissapated to the mist.
And NO MENTION AT ALL TO ANYTHING OTHERWISE.

webadict: I'd love a gift.

Tiruin: What is it with you and yelling at TBF, someone who's confirmed to be town?  Yes, we all know TBF is relatively low content, but what do you hope to accomplish by constantly pointing this out?
HE HAS LITTLE SUBSTANCE, AND YOU FELL FOR MY CONFIRMED TOWN NOTICE, LIKE THE USUAL "15 minutes away for lunch" NOTICE.
COME ON.
YOU TOO.
4mask!

> No substance of this whole D1 tunneling; basically 'not useful as "confirmed anything"' by playstyle.
> You're defending him by assuming my tone :V when someone looking at context can realize that there are loopholes present.
++ Nobody TOOK THOSE LOOPHOLES AND INSTEAD ASSUMED. :I

I'd honestly be fine with BHK being actually lynched today. Failing that, Tiruin does seem a bit off to me, since a lot of her behaviour is fairly off her normal style.

Yeah sure, and THE REST OF YOU HAVE RELATIVELY LOW CONTENT QUALITY IN YOUR POSTS.
Maybe it's just because SOMEBODY IS TRYING AND IS OBVIOUS THAT WAY.

And in all seriousness, even if I'm scum, I'd be doing the darn same thing I've been doing all this game. >_>
"THis seems off to me D:"
> NO FOLLOW UP FROM ANYONE entirely.
And y'all just leave your posts like that.
ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE TALKED LIKE SUCH.

Oh this person seems off. I'ma leave my vote on them.
WHen the actual content quality is in you following it up, too.

COME ON, PEOPLE. If there's ANY tone you've to assume in my words--DO IT WHEN I REMARK ON YOUR ATTITUDE. (In this sentence only)

Huh. Well, I don't have anything useful to report from last night. I do have a reply to Tiruin, but that'll have to wait till I get home.
Reply more then :I
That will ease my nerves and dissuade people from toning in too little into what I've to say.

Because it's pretty much stale currently. Stale both in quality and the content people are putting into their posts. Stale like crackers in barrels used to ship to my PEOPLE back when Canada was at war. Stale like those bugs in those crackers that we had to clean out by the piers because they were stale and had nothing else but staleness, and edibility.

I can confirm a few things:
One: BHK was telling the truth about their ability from yesterday.
Two: Said ability's inspection mode cannot be used to determine if either BHK or his target is scum, as it will not reveal mafiakill abilities.
Three: My ability last night failed, not from a roleblock but because it, too, is probability-based.

I'd post more but I gotta head off to work.
One: How
Two: Assuming you targeted BHK; why?
Three: Information, dude. If you're going to make sense with what you do, you've to detail it because there's a loophole here.
What alongside your ability makes it probability based? It's less of a 'fishing' point since there's no exact to work on inasmuch as the same way I noticed BHK back then when he claimed.

I'd also like to ask you about this; since you deem it valuable to talk about TBF in other threads--tell exactly what you'd like about him and what you inferred :v

And for the last since my usual only times now to Bay12 are at school, public PC, lunch break, 50minutes.
I'll be back...(not as the Terminator, that would just be begging to become scum).
Cosplaying as Arnold Schwarzenegger doesn't make you scum.
It's like saying, doing "" while falling into lava isn't a symbolic gesture and goes against everything you were while you tried to kill people. It's not the whole story; many things matter.

PFP because wow y'all are >_>'y

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: March 22, 2017, 11:14:35 pm »

Tiruin: Your play has seemed really different this game. You're much more aggressive and ready to push lynches on people than usual. Why?

And I recognize that I am repeating what 4mask said, but I'm also reiterating concerns I brought up Day 1.
> Ready to push lynches
> Compare to Day one where she went NO first before anyone else.
Yeah come on TDS. I'm suspecting you're buddying up with 4mask in a really strange way given this, but 'reiterating concerns' usually means 'trying to understand others'.

You're just using your position to pressure people. And ignore others' pertinent posts towards your own behavior.

And that's as far as you've shown thus far.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: March 22, 2017, 11:16:32 pm »

Hm.  I have an idea.

Shakeragian shenaniganry with my new rolename...

Gonna just work that out real quick, although I'm wondering whether it would be tilting at windmills to attempt to shoehorn yet more powers in.  Opinions?
"The Role that Equalizes the Game", how's about? :P

No pressure though; you'll be as random as ever when you come back, but in our opinions to it we can probably nudge the general gist of it. In my eyes, I don't really mind--if I have read right, it has the same weight as your other ability in the roleflip so you're 'probably more town possibly, than being scum'--but why I say 'I don't really mind' is because I don't want to influence it.

You're creative enough as is. :3

You can even just submit Shakerag's profile. :P Or FoU's profile.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: March 22, 2017, 11:23:33 pm »

OH YES I'll summarize this so that my post finally won't be ignored :v

> Different to what.
Excuse my out of context comparison but it's like saying 'MAKE {x} GREAT AGAIN'; it's impressionistic without context. It's the biggest gripe I've had with your play this game. It's a theme I'm also feeling with DA but different in how he plays it out (but seriously, initiative guys >_>). While I understand that the way I'm wording this may be me taking it too literally at word-value, it's me rather noticing y'all wording thoughts out by translation.

So different to what? Because I'm about to unload a whole barrel of insight from that viewpoint.
Like: How is this different when I react in a position that there's little to no scumhunting? How will I act therein?
How will I act when I'm positioned towards seieng other people say such things to me? Is this a double-blind test too? Is this part of their tactic? I can understand that having been through that but there's also the bias of recency; what had happened in the past, first, or most recent.
How will I act when I see horrible cases being made and the vagueness of information that is the norm of the day?

By what basis do you make your comparisons? Or is this a feeling? And if a feeling--to what is the thought underneath and right before it?

I'd love to hear all of your thoughts, everyone, but just slinging stuff at other people won't work.
...It didn't work last Day 1.
It won't work now.

[Because wow did my reactionary post to TBF attract a lot of 'omgVOOOOTE' picks that went far more past the assumed # of scumvariables :V]

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: March 23, 2017, 04:04:59 am »

I wanna see if I can vote TDS.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: March 23, 2017, 05:23:38 am »

Yo, Cinders, it is entirely possible that the kill could roleblock at the same time. Also, you never gave me a list, so I never gave you an item. Trades are trades. Are you afraid of an inspection?
I am the inspection.

...? Are you claiming cop?

webadict: I'd be fine with receiving a gift.
A somewhat inefficient one, and one that can't really tell scum from town.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: March 23, 2017, 09:37:29 am »

If I'm reading the rules right, aren't our votes for who to lynch basically just suggestions? Can't imagine TDS would lynch himself.

Yo, Cinders, it is entirely possible that the kill could roleblock at the same time. Also, you never gave me a list, so I never gave you an item. Trades are trades. Are you afraid of an inspection?
I am the inspection.

... What? Explain, please.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: March 23, 2017, 10:10:08 am »

It's not about lynching him. I want to see if it's possible to lynch him, since if not, he's very likely Town. I don't know the extent of his power and want to know more.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR 2(9/9): Day 1: Lynch! Lynch! Lynch!
« Reply #518 on: March 23, 2017, 12:48:16 pm »

I'd honestly be fine with BHK being actually lynched today.
Id honestly be fine with winning a particularly high stakes game of dice with you. Want to claim one of your abilities so that I don't have to check for myself?
Sure. I can turn you into a beetle and then step on you.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: March 23, 2017, 04:03:40 pm »

It's not about lynching him. I want to see if it's possible to lynch him, since if not, he's very likely Town. I don't know the extent of his power and want to know more.

1. No, you can't lynch me.
2. No, I won't lynch myself.

Tiruin:
OH YES I'll summarize this so that my post finally won't be ignored :v

> Different to what.
Excuse my out of context comparison but it's like saying 'MAKE {x} GREAT AGAIN'; it's impressionistic without context. It's the biggest gripe I've had with your play this game. It's a theme I'm also feeling with DA but different in how he plays it out (but seriously, initiative guys >_>). While I understand that the way I'm wording this may be me taking it too literally at word-value, it's me rather noticing y'all wording thoughts out by translation.

So different to what? Because I'm about to unload a whole barrel of insight from that viewpoint.
Like: How is this different when I react in a position that there's little to no scumhunting? How will I act therein?
How will I act when I'm positioned towards seieng other people say such things to me? Is this a double-blind test too? Is this part of their tactic? I can understand that having been through that but there's also the bias of recency; what had happened in the past, first, or most recent.
How will I act when I see horrible cases being made and the vagueness of information that is the norm of the day?

By what basis do you make your comparisons? Or is this a feeling? And if a feeling--to what is the thought underneath and right before it?

I'd love to hear all of your thoughts, everyone, but just slinging stuff at other people won't work.
...It didn't work last Day 1.
It won't work now.

[Because wow did my reactionary post to TBF attract a lot of 'omgVOOOOTE' picks that went far more past the assumed # of scumvariables :V]

First, I did specify why your play seems off:

But I should clarify, since good scumhunting can also be aggressive. Today, you've gone after a dead person who flipped town and then you've reaction-voted me (note: I control the vote). Basically, you have a lot of content and no posts. In addition, you're reacting very defensively. I'm currently reading you as really scummy.

Actually, you know what, Tiruin. I want to see what everyone else things of my case.

Yes.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: March 23, 2017, 04:07:43 pm »

If I'm reading the rules right, aren't our votes for who to lynch basically just suggestions? Can't imagine TDS would lynch himself.

I am the inspection.

... What? Explain, please.
I can find rolenames, but I'm not sure what good that would do, so I've been using it on people whose roles I don't know yet.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: March 23, 2017, 04:42:10 pm »

No.

Unless the question is "Can my case go fuck itself?" In which case it is a yes, because your case is a lazy sack of crap.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: March 23, 2017, 05:00:55 pm »

I could have sworn I made a post responding to Deus Asmoth, but I can't find it anywhere.  That's actually the first time I've managed to delete a post before sending it.

Deus Asmoth: I was talking about TBF as he is right now: dead and confirmed town.  Obviously once he revives he could be mafia again.

Tiruin: For the record, I'm very grumpy with you for what I'm about to do, because shrinking quotes down to a manageable size is enough of a hassle without dealing with your megaposts.

webadict: I'd love a gift.

Tiruin: What is it with you and yelling at TBF, someone who's confirmed to be town?  Yes, we all know TBF is relatively low content, but what do you hope to accomplish by constantly pointing this out?
HE HAS LITTLE SUBSTANCE, AND YOU FELL FOR MY CONFIRMED TOWN NOTICE, LIKE THE USUAL "15 minutes away for lunch" NOTICE.
COME ON.
YOU TOO.
4mask!

> No substance of this whole D1 tunneling; basically 'not useful as "confirmed anything"' by playstyle.
> You're defending him by assuming my tone :V when someone looking at context can realize that there are loopholes present.
++ Nobody TOOK THOSE LOOPHOLES AND INSTEAD ASSUMED. :I
Apparently you weren't paying attention to the follow-up post, where I even explained to webadict what I was doing.  I was prodding you to get information and seeing where the case went, not pursuing an incredibly serious case.

I can confirm a few things:
One: BHK was telling the truth about their ability from yesterday.
Two: Said ability's inspection mode cannot be used to determine if either BHK or his target is scum, as it will not reveal mafiakill abilities.
Three: My ability last night failed, not from a roleblock but because it, too, is probability-based.

I'd post more but I gotta head off to work.
One: How
Two: Assuming you targeted BHK; why?
Three: Information, dude. If you're going to make sense with what you do, you've to detail it because there's a loophole here.
What alongside your ability makes it probability based? It's less of a 'fishing' point since there's no exact to work on inasmuch as the same way I noticed BHK back then when he claimed.
One: he targeted me and played a game for my information.  I won, so I received the text of the ability he used on me.
Two: Who I targeted (if my ability even targets) is none of your goddamn business, this isn't fullclaim time.  I'll explain that if/when I fullclaim.
Three: I claimed that little tidbit now as a more direct form of breadcrumbing: it provides credence to my claim if I claim down the road.  Because I'm either setting up a fakeclaim now, one that could be proved false later on and bite me in the ass, or I'm telling the truth about my role.

I'd also like to ask you about this; since you deem it valuable to talk about TBF in other threads--tell exactly what you'd like about him and what you inferred :v
What?  Can you rephrase the question, I have no idea what you're talking about.

Alright now on to current events.

no

I have no idea what you're playing at, TDS, seeing as how you just a) reneged on the promise you gave at the beginning of the game that you wouldn't use the lynch on anyone but the person the town agreed upon (there was no majority and you hadn't set a deadline) and b) are voting for someone where there's some actual evidence for them being town (namely, webadict's nebulous inspection) without actually taking the time to build a full case against them.  But go ahead: pitch your case, explain why people should vote yes.  Because right now I'm looking at a group of nebulous accusations that kinda add up towards something but also kinda don't.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: March 23, 2017, 06:20:17 pm »

No.

Heres how it goes.
DA is town. I attempt to kill him tonight as a policy kill.
DA is scum. I attempt to kill him tonight for not claiming to me and then making his halfassed case on par with TDS's.

If anyone objects to the above -

TDS is town. I attempt to kill him tonight as a policy kill.
TDS is scum. I attempt to kill him tonight for his even more particularly halfassed case.

Any objections to one or both?

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: March 23, 2017, 06:32:16 pm »

Any objections to one or both?

Putting policy kills above suspicion-based kills is also a dumb idea. At least explain why either me or DA would be better a dead town than a live town.

Also, I'd rather not die.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 57