Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 27

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM 2 gets cancelled!  (Read 27752 times)

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM 2! King Wynarn of Duria!
« Reply #90 on: February 14, 2017, 02:23:09 am »

C

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 14, 2017, 03:07:15 am »

B
No slavery, EVER!

I hate to tell you this but...

Our humanism tech is probably pretty low.

C though.

Lets remember not to make any major purchases this year though, even if shiny bauble #47 is on sale.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 14, 2017, 03:09:54 am »

B
No slavery, EVER!

The wirding of option A suggests we have slaves.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 14, 2017, 03:12:56 am »

B
No slavery, EVER!

The wirding of option A suggests we have slaves.

Just our army.

And navy.

Maybe farm labor...

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 14, 2017, 03:16:58 am »

B
No slavery, EVER!
Raising taxes will not abolish slavery. If anything, it will make more people fall into debt, forcing them to sell themselves into servitude.
If we want to abolish slavery, we will first need to reform society. Perhaps the new religion (Tannerism, or something) is less tolerant of slavery.
Now, morality aside, abolishing slavery might actually be a good idea. Depending on the nature of the slavery, and the stance of our neighbours. But we will have to wait for an opportunity to investigate.
Long Live United Forenia!

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 14, 2017, 03:25:44 am »

B
No slavery, EVER!
Raising taxes will not abolish slavery. If anything, it will make more people fall into debt, forcing them to sell themselves into servitude.
If we want to abolish slavery, we will first need to reform society. Perhaps the new religion (Tannerism, or something) is less tolerant of slavery.
Now, morality aside, abolishing slavery might actually be a good idea. Depending on the nature of the slavery, and the stance of our neighbours. But we will have to wait for an opportunity to investigate.

Probably just a bunch of leathery old books.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 14, 2017, 03:55:09 am »

Wow, those were all very good points.
Haspen! Take notes.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 14, 2017, 04:17:23 am »

I feel like, maybe happiness is a less volatile resource then economy? Maybe. So. Probably worth. Doing B.

Lets tryn find some way to raise funds I guess. Or at least stop flip flopping on things to make them more expensive.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 14, 2017, 05:12:29 am »

B, just to be safe. I feel like the resale value on our military won't be that great even with the minimal mileage we have on it.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 14, 2017, 06:10:23 am »

Grumble grumble of course my innernets die when THIS IS RELEASED D:<

B

Could I ask about the current plans in this early kingdom? :D I'll be pushing hard for economic focus or something alongside [keeping our people progressive/stable]

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 14, 2017, 06:30:54 am »

Could I ask about the current plans in this early kingdom? :D I'll be pushing hard for economic focus or something alongside [keeping our people progressive/stable]
I'm advocating that we push hard into naval and trade supremacy. Any opportunity to fund voyages of discovery should also be taken; there's nothing like a few colonies or long-distance trade routes to really bring home the wealth.
Our early efforts to please the merchant guild (eliminating pirates & marrying a merchant's daughter) are a good first step. As is our support of legalism; merchants like the law to be a known quantity, as that they can make long-term plans without worry.
We should consider finishing what our predecessors started and conquer all of Nestel, to provide us with control of the local seas. Alternatively, we could try to integrate them peacefully, through marriage and trade.
I think we learnt our lesson with regards to over-zealous land expansion. We should only make measured, safe, preferably justified attempts to expand our borders (on land). I'd like our army to be mostly defensive, whilst our navy is used aggressively.
Religiously, I'm awaiting more information regarding the new religion mentioned previously; we may wish to consider converting if its tenets are more to our liking (our present religion seems a bit... primitive)

And at the first hint of a republic within a thousand miles of us, we should immediately form an alliance of every monarchy in the area to bring them down.
Long Live United Forenia!

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 14, 2017, 06:39:52 am »

C

Our Army and navy is there to MAKE money, not to be sold as.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 14, 2017, 06:54:04 am »

C

Our Army and navy is there to MAKE money, not to be sold as.
Somehow I feel like testing is better out in the start than playing it safe :O We aren't sure what causes implications or if these implications exist in the first place (eg Army being/having a reputation--it didn't seemingly act as something prominent back in the other game, but therein lies the danger of metagaming :P)

Aim for money, tax people, then return the money not in short-term festivals, but long-term supplements! (Though if we CAN spare it, go the festival route)

Our early efforts to please the merchant guild (eliminating pirates & marrying a merchant's daughter) are a good first step. As is our support of legalism; merchants like the law to be a known quantity, as that they can make long-term plans without worry.
So our first King is strictly for the law, but also for understanding of the law then considering what people's votes are :O Yay!

That means we'll probably be strictly, partially, tolerating of slavery I guess? o_O I hope we don't run into stuff we're unsure about--like how we war'd early game in SPAMKINGDOM. :P I mean it did us some good, but our army is more ships than standard people, and does draw from Happiness and...depending on the system in use, Economy or otherwise (eg Whole season actions to 'replenish our ranks').

B
No slavery, EVER!

I hate to tell you this but...

Our humanism tech is probably pretty low.[...]
I DO hope to explore more of the worldbuilding and lore here though :P Last game still has me curious about [STUFF]! :I

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 14, 2017, 08:08:50 am »

B
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 14, 2017, 08:33:10 am »

I think we learnt our lesson with regards to over-zealous land expansion. We should only make measured, safe, preferably justified attempts to expand our borders (on land). I'd like our army to be mostly defensive, whilst our navy is used aggressively.

Pifffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff. No way. Gota blob fast yo.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 27