Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

I'm going to start working on a New race for fortress mode in MDF, which is wanted more?

Elves... we need tree hugging hippy forts!!!!!
- 16 (29.1%)
Goblin... Let the demons rule the land!!!!
- 4 (7.3%)
Necromancers... Build your own tower and fill it with your undead servants!!!
- 24 (43.6%)
Repair the Werebeasts... More savage beastie goodness!!!!  maybe even a fort mode!?!?
- 1 (1.8%)
Repair the Titans... so they will come and destroy your fortresses again!
- 6 (10.9%)
Repair the Night Creatures... we need more kidnapped children!
- 0 (0%)
Vampires... flesh out their game play so they drink more blood and even may have a fort mode!?!?
- 4 (7.3%)
Something different to replace one of these?  Let me know what you think would be cool?!?!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Voting closed: June 20, 2017, 09:37:53 am

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 29

Author Topic: Modified ☼MASTERWORK☼ v1.29 (43.05 x64)  (Read 86004 times)

Lancezh

• Bay Watcher
  • Noob Inc
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ v1.26 (43.05 x64)
« Reply #180 on: May 31, 2017, 04:47:52 pm »

isoworld was last developed in 2015... its a map viewer off of legends... has anyone tried it recently?  I haven't and I don't know if it will ever be updated... its last update is really pre 42.06.   so if what is in the pack isn't working I'll deprecate it from future editions... I need a few confirmations on this so I can delete it.

Not working for me. Neither is Armok Vision.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 31, 2017, 07:50:12 pm »

Can confirm that bone pots don't seem to be used for anything.

Also, it appears that Jotunn visitors from the artic mod will topple buildings and workshops when they're friendly and visiting. I'm fairly sure that's related to the [BUILDINGDESTROYER:2] tag present in creature_artic. I'll try genning a new world once I'm done testing on this one and see if that still occurs. For now they get a quick visit from the DFhack exterminator..

yeah thats normal behavior giant spider fiends dot the same on evil embarks... they are really designed to be invaders of the opposite group, not friends for trading.  Not much I can do with that.

Bone pots don't seem to be used to store things.

Bone pots made where?  I can review the code... but Its probably because bones are to porous to hold liquids, etc.

isoworld was last developed in 2015... its a map viewer off of legends... has anyone tried it recently?  I haven't and I don't know if it will ever be updated... its last update is really pre 42.06.   so if what is in the pack isn't working I'll deprecate it from future editions... I need a few confirmations on this so I can delete it.

Not working for me. Neither is Armok Vision.

I've upgraded armok vision for the next version... it will have some issues that will need fixed because its not calibrated for "MDF"....

I'm just not really using the 3d viewers so I'm not well versed with them... I know that armok is going to have issues because of missing pngs and models.  so if anyone understands it and wants to submit what needs to be added, I'll make changes.

stonesense is probably having a similar issue since we don't have any dedicated files for MDF... I may check older packs and see if any of them were accidentally deprecated during a DFHack update.

I''m building the pack for 1.27 tonight and try to update it by morning.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

Aelforth

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 31, 2017, 08:12:41 pm »

It's the artic mod's Jotunns, not the Fortress Defence enemies. They seem to be set to civilized, and I've never actually had a world (50+ now) that they've been enemies. Although besides building destroyer, they seem to have a tendency to catch on fire somehow.. never did track down why though.

Another report for the launcher itself-- looks like the group size selector broke in 1.25 or 1.26. Not sure where to start looking to troubleshoot that though, maybe related to the init file move?

The bone pots are made in the bonecrafter.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 31, 2017, 09:33:55 pm »

It's the artic mod's Jotunns, not the Fortress Defence enemies. They seem to be set to civilized, and I've never actually had a world (50+ now) that they've been enemies. Although besides building destroyer, they seem to have a tendency to catch on fire somehow.. never did track down why though.

Another report for the launcher itself-- looks like the group size selector broke in 1.25 or 1.26. Not sure where to start looking to troubleshoot that though, maybe related to the init file move?

The bone pots are made in the bonecrafter.

they will siege succubus, orcs, and kobolds.

group size selector broke? I'll look into it... I think I know why... its not the move, its a change in a DFHack r1 script I spotted but hoped wouldn't change anything...

I'll check the bone pots for 1.28 since 1.27 is being uploaded.

plans for 1.28:

either fix or deprecate the bone pots... its probably a minor error. here's hoping.

Going after the gui/launcher.... there's no other way around it... i have the code for 1.17... so I'm going to dive into the changelogs from 1.17 to 1.23 and verify there was no update to the launcher setup, the graphics are stored and ran externally.  And go after the tag switches that break mods....  I'll probably have to make the group size selector fix internal to the launcher anyway. 

going after the launcher will enable the ability to make deeper changes and fixes... so far I've been working around its errors and adding additional blocks of data to keep it from causing the severe issues of the past...  These deeper changes could include the "potential for properly installing grimms and stahl updates"  At this point they can't be updated do to many "base" changes.  I'm currently just tossing ideas around.

additional issues:  I still need a save with liquid fire clothing showing up so I can verify what is causing that issue.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ v1.27 (43.05 x64)
« Reply #184 on: May 31, 2017, 10:23:10 pm »

New version is up good night folks!
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 01, 2017, 09:06:55 pm »

I've opened a discord server just for MDF discussion.  If you are interested you can join me and others as we discuss the future of MDF development, issues, and of course the best ways to kill elves... Accomplish all things Masterwork!

https://discord.gg/cRbmUAZ

Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group

Popokolara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 02, 2017, 07:13:54 am »

Did anyone have trouble with quickfort? i keep getting the error of unable to move files to macro folder, and whenever i make changes to the blueprint, or choose another blueprint, i get the correct text style preview popup, but the actual result in the ingame designations is the original first blueprint i had used the first time i managed to make it work.

Morhem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: June 02, 2017, 01:04:29 pm »

Hi! Masterwork noob question here:
I cant seem to find how to build Temple of Armok. Any suggestions?
This day going to be perfect!

Sol Invictus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: June 02, 2017, 02:00:34 pm »

To solve the problem with Quickfort create a folder named "macros" in \Dwarf Fortress\data\init\

Khaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: June 02, 2017, 02:32:58 pm »

Hi! Masterwork noob question here:
I cant seem to find how to build Temple of Armok. Any suggestions?

I assume you are talking about dwarves, and that you're talking about the Shrine of Armok as mentioned in the current MW manual?
The structure is currently called the Personal Shrine. Should be amongst the workshops. You'll need a totem, which requires a skull to make and is crafted at the craftsdwarf's.

Szarrukin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: June 02, 2017, 02:44:43 pm »

I still have the same problem - dwarfs getting permanently idle after first few days - and I have no idea what to do. Miners, farmers, haulers, all of them are just slacking around.

Khaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: June 02, 2017, 02:59:51 pm »

What same problem, you haven't expressed any such problem as far as I can see anywhere. You've had problems with woodcutters and tilesets recently, but I have no context for this problem. Over the past week or so I've ran an orc fort for 5 years with absolutely 0 issues like that (besides a lack of invaders, but that's vanilla DF for you).
There are a lot of possible causes for this behavior, Szarrukin. Essentially all of them boil down to vanilla DF behavior, failure to meet system requirements (which for MW can be quite higher than what DF needs), user error, or a combination thereof. If you want a specific fix, I suggest details and probably a save file. Because the simple fact of the matter is that pathfinding is pretty securely hardcoded in DF proper, so this mod is basically incapable of freezing up your dwarves like that (in a way that doesn't involve simply freezing the game).

Morhem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: June 02, 2017, 03:18:31 pm »

I assume you are talking about dwarves, and that you're talking about the Shrine of Armok as mentioned in the current MW manual?
The structure is currently called the Personal Shrine. Should be amongst the workshops. You'll need a totem, which requires a skull to make and is crafted at the craftsdwarf's.

So, the religion tree from the wiki is outdated? It mentions Shrine, altar, and temple of Armok, including human(dwarf) sacrifices, making of wards, etc
This day going to be perfect!

Khaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: June 02, 2017, 03:46:50 pm »

The wiki is even more outdated than the current manual included with the MW download (which I'm hard at work updating), and that's saying something. It should not be used for any purpose and should be considered as teaching you negative amounts about most of the current mechanics due to introducing concepts that are either simply outright false (like the existence of rusty iron and its use in the orcish economy; the material was changed years ago to bonemold, and the methods of acquiring bonemold are very different) or referring to features have been dropped completely (like the aforementioned religion things).

If you want an example of just how dropped those features are: The altar and temple to armok are no longer even in the building raws. They weren't just removed from the entity raws, they didn't just have their reactions removed from the permitted ones in the entities, they were not simply disabled. No, someone went and actually deleted the lines that defined these structures and their reactions from the raws.
The shrine survived only because it was deemed useful for getting resources in case of strange moods, but had the references to Armok removed. Likely because of the addition of the vanilla religion systems, because looking at the wiki those are entirely things that could be done with DFhack and raws.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 03:48:22 pm by Khaos »

Popokolara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: June 02, 2017, 03:49:38 pm »

I forgot to add, i did find that solution but it literally worked for one game and now im getting the same error and will not designate anything. If i switch to key mode it will designate, but it distorts the design in the same pattern each time  :-[
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 29