Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

I'm going to start working on a New race for fortress mode in MDF, which is wanted more?

Elves... we need tree hugging hippy forts!!!!!
- 16 (29.1%)
Goblin... Let the demons rule the land!!!!
- 4 (7.3%)
Necromancers... Build your own tower and fill it with your undead servants!!!
- 24 (43.6%)
Repair the Werebeasts... More savage beastie goodness!!!!  maybe even a fort mode!?!?
- 1 (1.8%)
Repair the Titans... so they will come and destroy your fortresses again!
- 6 (10.9%)
Repair the Night Creatures... we need more kidnapped children!
- 0 (0%)
Vampires... flesh out their game play so they drink more blood and even may have a fort mode!?!?
- 4 (7.3%)
Something different to replace one of these?  Let me know what you think would be cool?!?!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Voting closed: June 20, 2017, 09:37:53 am

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 29

Author Topic: Modified ☼MASTERWORK☼ v1.29 (43.05 x64)  (Read 86000 times)

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ v1.27 (43.05 x64)
« Reply #210 on: June 05, 2017, 10:23:49 pm »

some eye candy:

so working through 1.28:
1. I've added a switch to the first page for the season pallete so now they should stop changing just click that.
2. I've moved the decoration switches to the settings page (second page) so that you can turn them on or off for everyone in one switch, it just didn't make sense to make individual switches when we don't have a page for every race yet.
3. fixed all the tags so no tag in the game can change the EOF length causing corruption of the file.
4. fixed several broken switches that weren't functioning or pointing at the wrong thing.
5. minor bug in Orc releases caused humans to not spawn correctly - fixed
6. a few text descriptions, typos.
7. Quickfort fixed.
8. internal DFHack script digfort fixed.
9. changed the starting settings: no werebeasts, titans, or night creatures as these are all broken...  we know they can be fixed... they need a complete rewrite.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

Altaree

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: June 06, 2017, 03:19:03 pm »

The bone pot thing makes sense.  I have never done glazing and didn't even thing of doing that.

I have noticed that turning on 'fastdwarf 1' can cause a lot of dwarves to go idle.  I am guessing that dwarves will only take so many jobs in a short period of time before going on break.  Turning off fastdwarf gets them going again.

If you are changing the Masterwork client, can you make it resizable so we can get rid of the sizing issues some are having?
Dan Pearson:
This is a game which calculates the volume of blood in every creature it generates so it knows how much alcohol it would have to consume to get drunk, an update which, remarkably, ended up covering people's fortresses in cat vomit.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 06, 2017, 05:12:36 pm »

The bone pot thing makes sense.  I have never done glazing and didn't even thing of doing that.

I have noticed that turning on 'fastdwarf 1' can cause a lot of dwarves to go idle.  I am guessing that dwarves will only take so many jobs in a short period of time before going on break.  Turning off fastdwarf gets them going again.

If you are changing the Masterwork client, can you make it resizable so we can get rid of the sizing issues some are having?

I'm not sure where that option is for resize... I'm not a VB programmer... I've been learning as I dig through what is in front of me.

fastdwarf 1 1 makes them fast work/move and teleport, 1 0 is just fast work/move, 0 1 just teleport normal speed work.

the thing is most jobs will only que so far ahead.  a workshop wont seek a worker for its next job before it completes the current job, a stockpile will only request a small portion of its empty spots to be filled, etc.  well generally a worker trudges through a job, then trudges through the ideas of what to do next, and then goes off to do it... well during that time its trying to decide what to do next, the shop has already requested a worker and the guy standing on it may decide to do it... If you have fastdwarf on, the job completes instantly, and the unit jumps to his decision and leaves before the workshop can request for a worker.  so he runs away and if there isn't a job he wants he goes to the meeting hall... well if enough dwarfs are available to do all the work, then a large portion will just be hanging out in the hall all day... if thats what's happening, more work or fastdwarf off would help....

the coolest thing is to find your hunter or butcher with 1 1 going... he leaps from the hall to the animal to the butcher shop to the hall to the next animal etc etc etc leaving a few dots of blood everywhere... have it on when you get an invasion and tell your squads to attack and watch as all your troops blink to the invasion slaughter the one you target. and bounce back to the hall not skipping a beat in their drink..lol.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 06, 2017, 09:05:03 pm »

Just wanted to say props for carrying the torch :)  I've played a few test forts, and the optimization work you have done thus far is readily apparent.  I had twice as many features enabled as I normally do, actually used them all ingame, and was playing 4 hours straight without a crash.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 06, 2017, 10:17:42 pm »

Just wanted to say props for carrying the torch :)  I've played a few test forts, and the optimization work you have done thus far is readily apparent.  I had twice as many features enabled as I normally do, actually used them all ingame, and was playing 4 hours straight without a crash.

awww thanks dude!  I really appreciate that!

I've just finished cleaning the End of File for all the primary raws... I now need to check all additional graphic raws.

I'm also testing a new set of overrides for the Meph decorations... been reviewing the files.... I'm going to have to update 45 others just for that...

additionally... It looks like really the twbt overrides need to be completely off for some graphics (ASCII style).  Otherwise the ascii will be punctuated with the meph decos and workshop overrides.  so I'm going to completely remove the overrides in those and leave a blank file so they will overwrite correctly.  other 16x16s will either be given the Meph set of overrides... or a variation mix of the meph decos and their own overrides.

werebeasts, titans, and night creatures at the bottom of the civs page will not be functional at all in 1.28.  they need a complete rewrite from scratch... any modders want to take a look and do one let me know, I'll point you at the files.

sorry its not the best image... my color scheme was a bit dark when I went to work...
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 11:07:50 pm by Amostubal »
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group

Khemul

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 07, 2017, 09:15:51 pm »

A couple curious things I noticed after playing through for a little while as humans...

1) Embark items are fit for dwarf. I'm guessing this may be an issue with the core game being built around dwarves.
2) The skills for nobles don't seem to exist. Broker doesn't use appraiser and so can't see values at the depot. Chief of medicine doesn't list doctor skills. Etc. Is this intentional and they're designed to use other tools, or a bug?

Mysterius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 08, 2017, 09:29:05 am »

Hello,

I have a small problem. I've been trying to use Dorten's tileset with Masterwork but it doesn't want to work properly.
I added Dorten as an option in Masterwork and it works, but ONLY when I have creature's sprite turned on.

If I turn creature's sprite off, then the tileset reverts to.. i don't know. Another one.

Does anyone have an idea about how I can get this to work? Can't I use Dorten's wonderful tileset? I really don't like graphic sets :(

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 08, 2017, 07:45:21 pm »

Small bug report; I disabled Naga in the Civs tab, but they still showed up in my worldgen.

@Mysterius- I don't see 'Dorten' in the tileset options.  If you are trying to manually add a non-supported graphics pack, then you are probably on your own.  Also, if it works with creature sprites turned on, why not just leave them turned on?

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: June 08, 2017, 08:31:52 pm »

Hello,

I have a small problem. I've been trying to use Dorten's tileset with Masterwork but it doesn't want to work properly.
I added Dorten as an option in Masterwork and it works, but ONLY when I have creature's sprite turned on.

If I turn creature's sprite off, then the tileset reverts to.. i don't know. Another one.

Does anyone have an idea about how I can get this to work? Can't I use Dorten's wonderful tileset? I really don't like graphic sets :(

turning creature sprite off actually turns off all the graphic settings... so the tileset you end up with is the base set which I believe is curses. but I'm not certain.  it basically turns [GRAPHICS:YES] to [GRAPHICS:NO] so all the settings are just basically off including changing tilesets since it does that through the twbt etc graphic settings.

Small bug report; I disabled Naga in the Civs tab, but they still showed up in my worldgen.

@Mysterius- I don't see 'Dorten' in the tileset options.  If you are trying to manually add a non-supported graphics pack, then you are probably on your own.  Also, if it works with creature sprites turned on, why not just leave them turned on?

when you say show up in worldgen you mean they make civs or they are just a race that is running around?  there's three options, active, fort, and adventure.  the first one turns off their civs, the last one turns off their player access in adventure mode, and fort would (if possible but not for naga)  make their fort player mode available.. none of these options turn them off from being a creature population in game.

A couple curious things I noticed after playing through for a little while as humans...

1) Embark items are fit for dwarf. I'm guessing this may be an issue with the core game being built around dwarves.
2) The skills for nobles don't seem to exist. Broker doesn't use appraiser and so can't see values at the depot. Chief of medicine doesn't list doctor skills. Etc. Is this intentional and they're designed to use other tools, or a bug?

well something else must be wrong, because:
1. embark items are always sized for the civ that is chosen.
2. These settings haven't been changed in nearly a year and worked the last time I played them in 1.26.

so you got some other bug going on.  regen.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: June 08, 2017, 08:52:32 pm »

when you say show up in worldgen you mean they make civs or they are just a race that is running around?  there's three options, active, fort, and adventure.  the first one turns off their civs, the last one turns off their player access in adventure mode, and fort would (if possible but not for naga)  make their fort player mode available.. none of these options turn them off from being a creature population in game.
Interesting.  I disabled them in both 'Active' and 'Adv.', thinking this would prevent them from spawning at all, but they were on the list of neighbor civs in the world map.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: June 08, 2017, 09:12:49 pm »

I'll check the tags... they shouldn't even be civs if they aren't set to active.... but they would still spawn as world pop creatures.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 08, 2017, 09:25:07 pm »

Interesting.  I disabled them in both 'Active' and 'Adv.', thinking this would prevent them from spawning at all, but they were on the list of neighbor civs in the world map.

Oh shit... I discovered 2 naga civs.... 1 for the nagas that meph had started to make... and a second one in the invaders tab (its called serpent men in the launcher, but their castes... nagas, naga men and naga women.... wtf!?!)
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 08, 2017, 10:35:40 pm »

Oh shit... I discovered 2 naga civs.... 1 for the nagas that meph had started to make... and a second one in the invaders tab (its called serpent men in the launcher, but their castes... nagas, naga men and naga women.... wtf!?!)
That would explain it.  I do have Serpent Men Invaders enabled.

Khemul

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 09, 2017, 07:56:52 pm »

2. These settings haven't been changed in nearly a year and worked the last time I played them in 1.26.

Well that was weird. Sorry about that. Regen did in fact fix it. Well, at least the new region didn't have it. Not sure what triggered it in the other one.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: June 09, 2017, 08:12:00 pm »

Well that was weird. Sorry about that. Regen did in fact fix it. Well, at least the new region didn't have it. Not sure what triggered it in the other one.

the df engine is not 100% bug free( i don't think its 10% bug free)  and any sort of pile of stuff could of happened.... I chalk many weird errors up to the struck by armok errors.

That would explain it.  I do have Serpent Men Invaders enabled.

Yeah and the second one comes up as naga civs when they generate after testing... I'm changing the name to Serpentines to match the invader switch.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 29