Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 192 193 [194] 195 196 ... 217

Author Topic: Wands Race - [Moskurg] {COMPLETED}  (Read 190037 times)

Khang36

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wands Race - [Moskurg]
« Reply #2895 on: July 17, 2017, 02:55:07 pm »

Did we make some sort of gun powder?

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2896 on: July 17, 2017, 02:56:51 pm »

Actually, we revised our Firestorm shells and grenades so they explode better. It improved the explosive liquid and made the shell into brittle iron for that fragment-y effect.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2897 on: July 17, 2017, 03:02:04 pm »

Incidentally, for the Design Credit:

We are very impressed by the Saint's magic show. Let us impress him in turn with a magic show of our own, featuring:
-The Miraculous Levitating Lady! No tricks, no wires! Just a dress with levitation spells woven into it (very dangerous, do not operate more than 3' off the ground).
-al-Sakin's Knife Throwing Expertise! Gasp in amazement as the wonderous al-Sakin throws knives at a beautiful damsel tied to a spinning wheel! Not one drop of blood shall be shed! And all it takes is some extremely powerful 'Maghnats' behind the wheel, plus Lucky Strike.
-We Could Do The Mind-Reading Card Trick But He Already Did It So Never Mind!
-The Endless Handkerchiefs Interlocking Metal Rings! How many can he pull out of his sleeve? They never end! Because they're made of Adamantium, and he is summoning them into existence.
-Fantastic Firebreathers! Gasp as mortal men breathe gouts of flame, like mythical beasts! Drinking Arak spiked with Alnnar will do that to you.
-[Anyone else got any ideas?]
Could use a few extra magic tricks to round out the show, if anyone can think of any.
Long Live United Forenia!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2898 on: July 17, 2017, 03:19:03 pm »

-We Could Do The Mind-Reading Card Trick But He Already Did It So Never Mind

Pick a man out of the lineup! Think of a number! Invent a completely random word in your head! I'm sure I can guess it!

Another one:
Look how I can make it rain everywhere but on me! Screw that tree in particular.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2899 on: July 17, 2017, 04:07:12 pm »

Remember:
The Most Amazing Light Show You've Ever Seen, Lit Up With Light Bulbs And Powered With Pure Wrath Of God Himself
(Make a magic lantern show type thing. And then add lightning from the sky and from a Wand.)
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2900 on: July 18, 2017, 04:56:28 am »

The Tiniest Perpetual Tornado
You see a glass case of 3m^3 that is filled with coloured sand. Within you can see an everspinning tornado that picks up the coloured sand and swhirls it around. The tornado, though being tiny, is unresting and keeps on spinning, painting pictures of chaotic awe with the coloured sands it picks up.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2901 on: July 18, 2017, 03:11:29 pm »

So, I asked eS in Discord. We need to convince him to work with US rather than the Arstotzkans, and it's not necessarily by doing magic tricks.

Perhaps informing him of their unfortunate tendency to behead captured soldiers would be a good idea.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2902 on: July 18, 2017, 03:22:11 pm »

We could spend the expense credit on something.
Better idea (suggested by SMMI in the Discord): use it to bribe the magician into joining us.
We can still do the magic show, but we just end it with the amazing "Giant pile of gold".

Quote from: Expense Credit
Moskurg's Apprentice Gramary for Inter-magical Competency : [1] Kashyyk
Winds of Ruin :
Tubikh Rrahim : [1] Detoxicated
Bribe the Saint: [1] NUKE9.13

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2903 on: July 18, 2017, 03:27:17 pm »

Quote from: Expense Credit
Moskurg's Apprentice Gramary for Inter-magical Competency : [1] Kashyyk
Winds of Ruin :
Tubikh Rrahim : [1] Detoxicated
Bribe the Saint: [3] NUKE9.13, Madman, SMMI

A Summary of Recent Discord Discussion
Design Credit > Expense Credit

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #2904 on: July 19, 2017, 10:20:54 am »

This years Expense Credit will be spent bribing the Magnificent Saint.

If there is anything else you wish to do with regards to the Saint, please say so now.  Otherwise, combat phase later tonight.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2905 on: July 19, 2017, 10:47:46 am »

Did you guys ever agree on doing a show for the Saint as well?  That looked pretty cool.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2906 on: July 19, 2017, 10:56:19 am »

I believe our plan is to do the magic show,  and for our final act we make the expense credit appear and then give it to him.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2907 on: July 19, 2017, 10:58:32 am »

We'd also like to do this. We can end the show with the "Amazing Giant Pile Of Gold"
Incidentally, for the Design Credit:

We are very impressed by the Saint's magic show. Let us impress him in turn with a magic show of our own, featuring:
-The Miraculous Levitating Lady! No tricks, no wires! Just a dress with levitation spells woven into it (very dangerous, do not operate more than 3' off the ground).
-al-Sakin's Knife Throwing Expertise! Gasp in amazement as the wonderous al-Sakin throws knives at a beautiful damsel tied to a spinning wheel! Not one drop of blood shall be shed! And all it takes is some extremely powerful 'Maghnats' behind the wheel, plus Lucky Strike.
-We Could Do The Mind-Reading Card Trick But He Already Did It So Never Mind!
-The Endless Handkerchiefs Interlocking Metal Rings! How many can he pull out of his sleeve? They never end! Because they're made of Adamantium, and he is summoning them into existence.
-Fantastic Firebreathers! Gasp as mortal men breathe gouts of flame, like mythical beasts! Drinking Arak spiked with Alnnar will do that to you.
-[Anyone else got any ideas?]
-We Could Do The Mind-Reading Card Trick But He Already Did It So Never Mind

Pick a man out of the lineup! Think of a number! Invent a completely random word in your head! I'm sure I can guess it!

Another one:
Look how I can make it rain everywhere but on me! Screw that tree in particular.
Remember:
The Most Amazing Light Show You've Ever Seen, Lit Up With Light Bulbs And Powered With Pure Wrath Of God Himself
(Make a magic lantern show type thing. And then add lightning from the sky and from a Wand.)
The Tiniest Perpetual Tornado
You see a glass case of 3m^3 that is filled with coloured sand. Within you can see an everspinning tornado that picks up the coloured sand and swhirls it around. The tornado, though being tiny, is unresting and keeps on spinning, painting pictures of chaotic awe with the coloured sands it picks up.

Well, it became more of a variety show than a magic show... eh, it'll be fine.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2908 on: July 19, 2017, 11:02:11 am »

Oh, and perhaps al-Mutriqa could do a demonstration of Adamantine summoning? Something like "BOOM, instant hat"?

Also, flying demonstration by our princess, possibly including daring stunts and lightning shows from al-Mutriqa?

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2909 on: July 19, 2017, 12:56:26 pm »

I was really going for a "Stage Magician" vibe. I've yet to see a stage magician summon lightning. Or literally summon things out of thin air. Because, in case you hadn't noticed, all of the Saint's magic tricks are possible using mundane means. I'm sure he is actually using magic, and so are we, but if we can keep things in the realm of the faintly plausible, that'd be nice.
Pages: 1 ... 192 193 [194] 195 196 ... 217