Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 217

Author Topic: Wands Race - [Moskurg] {COMPLETED}  (Read 188251 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wands Race - 913 Design Phase [Moskurg]
« Reply #75 on: March 21, 2017, 07:49:13 pm »

Alright it looks like we're going to need to be able to rapidly outmanoeuvre those damned fireball slinging freaks and negate their ranged advantages.

Recurved short bow: A simple short bow built to magnify the power of the shot fired from it compared to the regular short bow. Combined with our current bowmaking techniques (Since we already seem to have composite bows judging from the shot bow description) this should give us a definitive advantage over the arstotzkan archers.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 21, 2017, 08:28:27 pm »

Develop recurve bows for our troops.  It's simple, cheap, and it'll give us an advantage in the jungle and plains due to its small maneuverable size and the ease to use it from horseback.   Plus it's a mundane weapon, so we might get a bonus to our development roll.  After our hit-or-miss development track record, it'd be nice to have an advantage to development.

If we can revise the Gust of Wind to be more powerful, then we can blow the smaller balls of fire off course and neutralize their brutal area of attack.

We have a definite advantage in the jungle, and a modest one in the plains.  We can't hold the mountains; it's been disaster after disaster up there, and I say we let them keep the rocks.  Play to our strengths in the jungle and plains.

The Arstotzkans slaughtered prisoners?  That's horrific.  If we ever get lucky enough to induce a route, I say we treat our prisoners with actual decency.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 08:36:47 pm by evictedSaint »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 21, 2017, 08:53:54 pm »

Also we need to come up with something to offer the princess. Nothing too expensive but at the same time something... worthy of a royal.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 21, 2017, 09:53:55 pm »

Also, I suggest as an action or Order is that we move al-Mutriqi, the wizard with the Wand of Heroism and his elite cavalry into the plains because it pretty much assured that we are dominating the jungles, but we are only contesting the Arstotkans in the plains and another thing is that they have their most powerful wizard their in the plains but they still can only contest with us

Edit: I think it's pointless to send our Wand of Heroism to the mountains as well, it will just end in the great political hero of al-Mutriqi
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 10:17:45 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 21, 2017, 10:11:52 pm »

Also we need to come up with something to offer the princess. Nothing too expensive but at the same time something... worthy of a royal.

Well, our only magical items are our irreplaceable relic staff of heroism, an insanity stick, and a fart wand.

Maybe we should try using Moskurg's rich history of artisans and crafters to appeal to her sense of beauty, because we sure as fuck ain't getting her with our magical prowess.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 21, 2017, 10:14:58 pm »

Man, the mountains are killing us.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 21, 2017, 10:17:41 pm »

To be fair we actually do have a better prowess of magic than arstotzka. They can only burn things, whereas we make things better!

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 21, 2017, 10:20:10 pm »

Well, our only magical items are our irreplaceable relic staff of heroism, an insanity stick, and a fart wand.

Maybe we should try using Moskurg's rich history of artisans and crafters to appeal to her sense of beauty, because we sure as fuck ain't getting her with our magical prowess.
I have an idea, since we have access to gold and silver, how about we create a golden circlet encrusted with rubies and silver, "claim" that this is a enchanted piece of jewelry that will make you immune to childbirth death from childbirth , this gift seems quite persuasive, no?

Edited: I meant that the gift would make you make you immune to death from childbirth, derp on my part
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 10:25:10 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 21, 2017, 10:21:05 pm »

The kings are angling for wives. Pretty sure children is the goal of that :P

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 21, 2017, 10:24:38 pm »

And deceiving the princess seems like a surefire way to lose.  What about a portrait?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 21, 2017, 11:26:34 pm »

Also, I suggest as an action or Order is that we move al-Mutriqi, the wizard with the Wand of Heroism and his elite cavalry into the plains because it pretty much assured that we are dominating the jungles, but we are only contesting the Arstotkans in the plains and another thing is that they have their most powerful wizard their in the plains but they still can only contest with us

If the jungle is the only place we excel, then we should press our advantage there. -1 to that order.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 22, 2017, 02:01:25 am »

They've clearly reverse engineered their Fireball wand. I thus suggest we reverse engineer our wand.

Another option would be to create a Protection from Fire enchantment, as that will defend us from their wand, their new spell and their firefly things.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 22, 2017, 02:09:26 am »

I wouldn't want to risk giving an order and it going awry, though some assistance in the mountains would not go amiss.
For now I will support developing Recurved Bows. Though I could change my mind; they aren't much help against fireballs.
When it comes to revision, I think that upping the power of Gust of Wind would be good, since it may be possible to blow those smaller fireballs off course. If we crit, we might be so lucky as to fully redirect them towards the enemy (probably not though)

Also, how come we are getting ambushed in the mountains? We ought to be immune to both magical and mundane ambushes :/
Long Live United Forenia!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 22, 2017, 02:16:49 am »

Yeah... now that Nuke's brought that up that's an issue. And we definitely know they don't have any way of circumventing our detection since we'd have known about that as well.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 22, 2017, 02:57:23 am »

Working on some propaganda Moskurgian poetry.

Seven times I sought for love
Yet never did I find it
'til the day fair Sophia*
landed on my shores

Nine-hundred names doth god have
Yet how many does my love?
Just the same, and maybe more
truly she's divine

Emerald boughs in the west
Sweeping flatlands in the east
Shining cities in the south
Woodlands in the north

All of these I offer you
if you answer my request:
be mine bride and make of me
the happiest on the isle

-Signed, King Moskurg. (With assistance from al-Mutriqa)

It not perfect. Let's just call it the fault of the translator. Obviously the poem is far more elegant in its original form. (Yeah, that'll fly)
Long Live United Forenia!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 217