Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 217

Author Topic: Wands Race - [Moskurg] {COMPLETED}  (Read 188252 times)

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
Re: Wands Race - [Moskurg]
« Reply #840 on: April 25, 2017, 11:27:59 pm »

Maces: Eassentially a heavy object on the end of a stick. While simple in design, they are easy to use and make, and are effective against armored opponents
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: April 25, 2017, 11:56:43 pm »

Well, if we're going full jungle, lets go with some combat magic.  We've got wands, so those should work okay.  I'm also thinking they added some magical oomph to their armor, so we might want to hit them from a different direction.

Wand of Acid Spray

A wand that creates a jet of acid, which is shot over the heads of Arstoskan squads.  This acid then falls in a rain down on their heads and causes severe skin burns, blindness, as well as armor and weapon damage.

(Plus, this should scale up well upon revision.  Making some big ones to mount on ship carriages should be very, very nice, as well as seige weapons.)

Winds of the Wastes (1) Mardent23
Maces: (1) S34N1C
Acid Wands: (1) Devastator
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 12:00:15 am by Devastator »

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: April 26, 2017, 12:14:57 am »

Maces: (2) S34N1C, Happerry
Acid wands seem interesting, but I'm not sure we can invent a new form of magic (IE, summon acid) and make it into a wand in one turn. Maces, on the other hand, should make our troops better verses their troops, and that is likely to be helpful.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: April 26, 2017, 12:18:29 am »

We already have wand magic, so I'm assuming the wands don't add any difficulty.  Some other combat magic might work.  I just think we want it in wand form so it's less of a problem with our staffs.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: April 26, 2017, 12:31:31 am »

You know what I think? I think we start making the Arstotzkans fear the cold!

Blizzard: Based off our existing storm spells, this spell essentially is a revised storm strike to work within the colder months. In addition to bringing temperatures and visibility down to nothing for anyone caught in the blizzard, the spell also ensures the ice crystals in the clouds clump up; thereby giving the Arstotzkans the righteous pelting they deserve!
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
Re: Wands Race - 916 [Moskurg]
« Reply #845 on: April 26, 2017, 12:47:30 am »

Maces: Eassentially a heavy object on the end of a stick. While simple in design, they are easy to use and make, and are effective against armored opponents

I feel obliged to remind the design team of the move to revise spears into halberds almost a decade ago that was attempted once and promptly abandoned.

Halberds:   [1]  This... was not your most successful endeavour ever.  Your armourers got a little overzealous on proportions, made the hook too large and rounded to be effective and couldn't get behind the idea of a sharp spike or, for that matter, balancing the weapon properly in any way.  The new halberds prove utterly inferior to the standard spear, which the rank and file continue to use for now.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: April 26, 2017, 02:10:50 am »

Indeed, we'd be better off using our revision to make halberds again. That also means we don't have to retrain our troops to use a different sort of weapon.
Besides, even if we roll a 1 (which at this point seems statistically likely*), the +1 means we'll get something out of it.

Nah. With the thinning vegetation in the jungle, it may be possible to deploy siege weapons there. And they would also help at sea. Thus, we should design a

Ballista: Using our knowledge of composite materials and tension, we build a giant bow-like weapon capable of launching thick bolts or stones into enemy troops/vessels. Due to the large and cumbersome nature, they would work best mounted on the deck of a ship, though portable varieties could also be used on land.
With the right protections, these can work in all weathers (unlike SoA), and be especially effective at sea (where we only need a small advantage in order to take control of the western coast)

If things go well designing the ballista, we could use our revision to add divination-based rangefinders, or wind-magic enchantments to the projectiles.

Blizzard: (1) Taricus
Ballista: (1) NUKE9.13
Long Live United Forenia!

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: April 26, 2017, 03:14:09 am »

Ballista: (1) NUKE9.13, Ballista

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: April 26, 2017, 05:16:56 am »

Ballista: (3) NUKE9.13, Ballista, Happerry
Changing vote to Ballista. Detoxicated, I'm assuming that the claim that Ballista was voting for Ballista without changing the actual vote number was a copy paste error and you are voting for Ballista. If I am wrong, feel free to yell at me.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: April 26, 2017, 06:54:20 am »

Ballista: (3) NUKE9.13, Detoxicated, Happerry
Changing vote to Ballista. Detoxicated, I'm assuming that the claim that Ballista was voting for Ballista without changing the actual vote number was a copy paste error and you are voting for Ballista. If I am wrong, feel free to yell at me.
No you were right, i changed it in this reply...

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: April 26, 2017, 07:18:13 am »

Ballista: (4) NUKE9.13, Detoxicated, Happerry, Kashyyk

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: April 26, 2017, 07:24:42 am »

Wenn Should revise our bodkins one last time so they are actually useful.  So the Wind enchantment seems like a good idea but maybe we could try to upgrade their weight to have them be heavier so they can punch through armor just fine. 

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: April 26, 2017, 07:30:18 am »

Now they've got those leather cloaks over their armour, it's going to be very difficult to get through with bodkin arrows now. I'd actually be tempted to design crossbows next turn, as they're traditionally supposed to get through plate armour.

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: April 26, 2017, 07:43:52 am »

Ballista: (5) NUKE9.13, Detoxicated, Happerry, Kashyyk, Sosoku234
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: April 26, 2017, 08:01:16 am »

Now they've got those leather cloaks over their armour, it's going to be very difficult to get through with bodkin arrows now. I'd actually be tempted to design crossbows next turn, as they're traditionally supposed to get through plate armour.
good idea it might be better to go that road
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 217