Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 217

Author Topic: Wands Race - [Moskurg] {COMPLETED}  (Read 189116 times)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wands Race - [Moskurg]
« Reply #1185 on: April 29, 2017, 05:29:28 pm »

I'm also going to vote for an entire unit. We could really use that revision credit.
Long Live United Forenia!

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: April 29, 2017, 05:32:43 pm »

How about this many troops for that revision credit:

4 al-Mutriq's guards (Black Phantasms, I believe)
2 Mages and their apprentices
Three ships, with one ship armed with a ballista that can be dismounted if necessary
Fill the remainder of space onboard the ships with:
Some horse archers (As many as will fit) and
A squad or so of lancers.

All in favor?

EDIT:
Oh, and remember that we're a numbers-based army, so these won't really hurt us that much. Especially not compared to what an extra revision credit will do.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: April 29, 2017, 05:34:52 pm »

Al-Mutriqua's guards need to be near him to retain their superhuman abilities. And no need to send the lancers either.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: April 29, 2017, 05:36:39 pm »

Our ships aren't actually that big. Anyway, what you're describing sounds like less than an entire unit. So, no, I'm not in favour. I'd rather commit a serious amount to this.
Long Live United Forenia!

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: April 29, 2017, 05:44:09 pm »

We don't need to send an entire unit's worth, but just all we can easily spare.  Almost all the desert Horse Archers, a couple of ballistae, and enough infantry to cover the ballistae and provide bodyguards for any overseeing officers.  And one mage per ballista, to Lucky Strike it should it be necessary as well as any other spells.

With extra ballistae this turn we should be able to continue the push even if these are absent.  Unless they invade the desert.  I don't think they will do that, though..

Here's what I've got in Bold: Almost all the Desert Horse Archers, a token force of ballistae, standard infantry, and mages.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 05:46:04 pm by Devastator »

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: April 29, 2017, 06:12:12 pm »

I can agree with Devastator's ideas here. Send some lancers as well. If they need transport, well, guess we're losing a few ships. Take them from the Eastern Sea for now. Lancers are essential because a lancer never runs out of ammunition (Unless he breaks all his weapons), can cut his way out of a trap, and has the formation-shattering abilities of a cavalry charge.

Seriously though, we ought to consider making ourselves some heavy cavalry. Could we outfit horses with lamellar with just a revision? With just an expense credit, even?

Question from interest: why are we not pulling nuisance raids into the North Sea? Heck, full-time maritime invasion might be worth it, depending on their distribution of naval forces. Do they have anything in the North? Do we know how much? Are we going to have to temporarily lose ships in order to get our guys into the South to help out the foreigner?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 06:20:25 pm by Madman198237 »
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: April 29, 2017, 06:21:29 pm »

Could we outfit horses with lamellar with just a revision?

Yes.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: April 29, 2017, 06:34:54 pm »

Might be something for next turn. A lamellar-armored horse would be nearly completely covered without losing much mobility. After all, it's relatively lightweight armor. It'd improve survivability somewhat. Probably not worth it unless we can break out of stalemate into another open region. Or if we burn the jungle. Again...

FORMAL VOTE:

All Desert-Horse Cavalry (Predominantly archers, but with enough lancers to make a decent charge) and their officers, a small force of ballistae, and one mage per ballista---lucky strike capable. Ships, if necessary for transport, pulled from the Eastern Sea.
---------All in favor: (1) Madman198237
« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 07:08:37 pm by Madman198237 »

Mardent23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: April 29, 2017, 07:10:17 pm »

Next term, can we please fix the Gale stones?

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: April 29, 2017, 07:12:36 pm »

Certainly. I'm still voting for the pottery-shell flammables, especially since it will only take a revision to fix the gale stones.

However, how are you voting for the supporting-the-foreigners question? I've only got one option so far, so if you prefer something else, please mention it.

Mardent23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: April 29, 2017, 07:56:26 pm »

Three ships, with one ship armed with a ballista that can be dismounted if necessary

+1.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: April 29, 2017, 08:17:50 pm »

....That'd give us two items with one vote apiece. Devastator proposed a larger force (Or, we hope it's larger. It's actually numbered in different units [pun totally not intended. Until I wrote it] than how I described that group you just named. I repeat the "quote" that held a description of what we're voting for:

All Desert-Horse Cavalry (Predominantly archers, but with enough lancers to make a decent charge) and their officers, a small force of ballistae, and one mage per ballista---lucky strike capable. Ships, if necessary for transport, pulled from the Eastern Sea.
-------------------------------------------------
If you want to vote on my original thought, then here:

---------In favor: (1) Mardent23

If you do not want to vote for it, then just add your name and change (1) to (2) at the first entry.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: April 29, 2017, 09:01:49 pm »

-------------------------------------------------
If you want to vote on my original thought, then here:

---------In favor: (2) Mardent23, Crazyabe
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: April 29, 2017, 09:07:46 pm »

Evicted, I think we need you to chime in here. What's a larger force according to game mechanics? Option A or option B?

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: April 29, 2017, 10:25:03 pm »

Option A would be the larger of those two forces
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 217