Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 217

Author Topic: Wands Race - [Moskurg] {COMPLETED}  (Read 189089 times)

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
Re: Wands Race - [Moskurg]
« Reply #1260 on: April 30, 2017, 03:24:49 pm »

Arstotzka is doing that thing where they have a list of twenty different design proposals and there's a five-way tie at two votes each.  Kinda waiting on them.
Have you considered giving both sides a Deadline and rolling between the most voted options if there isn't just one?

Eh...I dont WANT to have to set a deadline, because then I have to follow it. I'd rather keep it looser and just update when everyone is ready.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: April 30, 2017, 03:29:21 pm »

Thats why i am thinking we should go into melee with weapons designed against platemail.  Variety in weapons would not be too shabby
Variety in weapons is not worth the design action it would take. We have areas where we aren't doing well, we have no efforts to spare on areas that are already peachy.
Long Live United Forenia!

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: April 30, 2017, 03:29:49 pm »

I'd rather design a weapon against cannonballs..

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: April 30, 2017, 03:46:09 pm »

The freer method is probably best for now. We don't want to get pushed, they don't want to get pushed. It's fine this way, even if some of us are impatient. Like me ;)

I think that right now we need a way to counter their crazy new artillery. Our newly empowered ballistae ought to give us a huge advantage if we get it right. And if we don't........yipe!

Disabling cannonballs is another possible next-turn thing. Could we afford a year trying to make a new version of cyclone shield? Perhaps one that combines our Storm Strike with shielding capabilities---if we can combine the two, protect our army by making it the eye of a somewhat low-grade cyclone....winds, whipping around the edges, deflecting all but the most powerful projectiles....cast by all the mages no longer required to protect certain individuals... Then, a way to shoot through the barrier. Much less important, as we could probably manage to train our troops to fire with the winds. It's just more severe deflection, really. Or, perhaps easier, powerful winds directed in a straight line from us to them, giving a MASSIVE boost to our ranges, a terrible reduction to their abilities to reach us. The first battle would likely see their own arrows and cannonballs hitting them.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: April 30, 2017, 03:48:41 pm »

If we beat them in melee we might capture cannons

edit: an enchant on the lamellar so the wind makes the wearer faster?
« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 03:53:13 pm by Detoxicated »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: April 30, 2017, 03:52:10 pm »

Or we can just sneak into one of their camps and nick a few :P
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: April 30, 2017, 04:00:16 pm »

deflecting all but the most powerful projectiles..

Problem, what happens if the enemy has the most powerful projectiles?  Gale shield would do good at arrow volleys if it was a mass version, but doesn't do much to stop cannonballs.

Speed boost

Now there's an idea.  Buff our cavalry with extra speed, close range and ride down the gunners.  They're keeping their soldiers behind the guns, so this should be viable.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: April 30, 2017, 04:01:09 pm »

Baseball bats: Prettg much just a molded stick, this would be used to hit a cannonball back to whence it came. This requires an enormous amount of skill. Projected to be A National Effort
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: April 30, 2017, 04:03:16 pm »

Baseball bats: Prettg much just a molded stick, this would be used to hit a cannonball back to whence it came. This requires an enormous amount of skill. Projected to be A National Effort

Heh.

But yeah, precognition or a speed buff would probably be good.  If we go with a speed buff, we should try the revision to get experience doing some other kind of mass buff, probably Gale Shield, which might not stop cannons, but a mass gale shield should protect against arrow volleys.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: April 30, 2017, 04:19:00 pm »

Bonus points to the roll for sheer comedy?

But seriously, a super-powered combination of cyclone shield and storm strike would be really interesting.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: April 30, 2017, 04:59:35 pm »

As the fire bombs are a given,  how does revising the Hammer of Allah to work in snow sound?

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: April 30, 2017, 05:01:53 pm »

As the fire bombs are a given,  how does revising the Hammer of Allah to work in snow sound?
We were thinking of (if all goes well) further revising the Firestorm Shells, to increase their range. Though I agree that such a revision would be useful at some point.
Long Live United Forenia!

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: April 30, 2017, 05:02:38 pm »

We're saving the revision to either add magic to the firebombs or fix any problems that show up.

Then, well, there are thunder-snow-storms, so it shouldn't be terribly difficult...but it'd have to wait, unless we get a really good roll on our mundane flaming projectiles and are satisfied with the magic-less version.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: April 30, 2017, 05:19:22 pm »

And, actually, we'd just need to work up storm strike to make it happen. Then, once we understand lightning in snowstorms, we could freely useless both the hammer and spear. Speaking of which, if/when we do that, we need to revamp the spear. Make the bolt strength controllable, then make it reliable.

EDIT:
Sorry, vacant-brained double post.

I shouldn't do this when exhausted xD

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: April 30, 2017, 05:26:53 pm »

I think I'd rather put Gale Shield on an item that can be carried.  At Expensive, that'll mean a whole lot more people will have them, which may let us do cavalry charges to knock out their artillery.

thunder in snowstorms, improved lightning spears, those all seem like very marginal improvments.  Knocking out their artillery better should let us keep rolling.
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 217