Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 217

Author Topic: Wands Race - [Moskurg] {COMPLETED}  (Read 189070 times)

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
Re: Wands Race - [Moskurg]
« Reply #1440 on: May 01, 2017, 11:28:42 pm »

Ok. Thanks.

How about something like this:
Spoiler: Picture of a ballista (click to show/hide)
What if we installed a wooden block that held back the projectile, and when it was time to fire, it could just be removed? My description is overly simplistic, but I'm sure you guys are clever enough to get what I mean. It could probably be linked to the crank so it does it automatically
EDIT: I thought the picture would be useful in describing my idea. I was incorrect
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 11:40:45 pm by S34N1C »
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: May 02, 2017, 01:59:12 am »

Hoe about we sell detect thoughts to the trader? That should be very useful both as a novelty, as an interrogation tool and for spies.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: May 02, 2017, 03:31:32 am »

Hoe about we sell detect thoughts to the trader? That should be very useful both as a novelty, as an interrogation tool and for spies.
Not to mention how useful it would be to Tuan-lin himself. Using Detect Thoughts to know exactly how much someone is willing to pay, or know when someone is trying to sell him shoddy goods... if I were him, I'd spend an entire expense credit on Detect Thoughts for my own personal use, and forget about selling it.
...of course, he could also use it on us, and realise we would be willing to sell him more than just Detect Thoughts to get that expense credit. Or how worried we are he might try to sell this stuff to Arstotzka, who would no doubt go into debt to get their hands on our tech.

Ah, we could sell him anything, so long as he is able to cast it, and teach it to others. Why can't we just throw open the warehouse doors and let the man try out literally every spell we have? I'd sell him 3 for the price of 1 to get that expense credit.

If that isn't an option, Teletalk Rods are the thing we should focus on selling him. Those anyone with a shred of magical ability can use, and their usefulness is easy to understand.
Long Live United Forenia!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: May 02, 2017, 03:56:17 am »

0 -Begin assaults on the Northern Taiga
  2 -Begin Raids on the Northern Taiga: NUKE9.13, Taricus
4 -Begin assaults on the Northern Sea: Madman, Detoxicated, NUKE9.13, Taricus
If we spend that expense credit on our ships we will utterly annihilate the Arstotzkan navy and give them a front they have to focus on

Also, as an Order I'd like our new horse grenadiers to be utilised in night raids against Arstotzkan encampments. A whole lot of those things going off at night on their tents and whatnot will have an astounding effect on them!
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: May 02, 2017, 04:12:54 am »

3 -Begin Raids on the Northern Taiga: NUKE9.13, Taricus, Happerry
5 -Begin assaults on the Northern Sea: Madman, Detoxicated, NUKE9.13, Taricus, Happerry
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: May 02, 2017, 06:26:38 am »

3 -Begin Raids on the Northern Taiga: NUKE9.13, Taricus, Happerry
5 -Begin assaults on the Northern Sea: Madman, Detoxicated, NUKE9.13, Taricus, Happerry

Orders:
Night Raids with horse grenadiers (1): Taricus
Night raids on fort/castle gates with foot grenadiers (1): Taricus

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: May 02, 2017, 06:39:37 am »

Orders:
Night Raids with horse grenadiers (1): Taricus
Night raids on fort/castle gates with foot grenadiers (1): Taricus
Do we need orders for that? Isn't it just common sense that they will use the grenades where appropriate? And if it does require an order, is it worth the risk?

If this doesn't require an order, I'm all for it. Equipping our skirmishers with grenades is something I suggested earlier. At least, the bit about horse grenadiers raiding their camps. The night raids on forts seem riskier, potentially a waste of troops.
If it does require an order, that means there's (roughly) a 1/3 chance of it backfiring. Our skirmishers setting themselves on fire would be bad. Not worth the risk, in my opinion.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: May 02, 2017, 06:44:25 am »

Honestly, self-immolating skirmishers wouldn't be too bad. Compared to the Arstotzkans getting the stuff anyway. The night raids on the fort are more to just burn down the gate and then basically running amok before buggering off. Given the relative quietness of our lamellar we could likely do it in armour too.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: May 02, 2017, 06:54:06 am »

At present, our skirmishers are of roughly equal strength. If we start setting ours on fire, they will get the upper hand in the skirmishing game. Which in turn could turn the tide of the main battle. The low chance of gaining some skirmishing strength compared to the higher chance of losing some skirmishing strength- that's a bet that the house (Arstotzka, in this case) will win.
Again, that is only if it would require an order. As a mere suggestion, I am all in favour.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: May 02, 2017, 07:43:34 am »

Firestorm grenades are a byproduct of your revision and a new weapon your men aren't sure how to use.  At the moment they'll just be used to defend castles in the mountains and thrown by a few of the braver men in the jungle.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: May 02, 2017, 07:55:51 am »

So effectively we need to orders to get them to use them offensively?

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: May 02, 2017, 08:03:37 am »

That, or design them as such or to be more reliable.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: May 02, 2017, 08:10:45 am »

I dunno, they're basically going to go off without a hitch now. And I'm pretty sure they aren't going to explode in our soldier's grips :P

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: May 02, 2017, 08:17:12 am »

Er why Don't we put the 'nades to use and Sell'em to the trader WITH the other stuff we are selling him? They might not be magic, but how many people have Medieval Napalm gernades? They could DEFINITELY be awesome enough for him to buy a few crates of 'em.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: May 02, 2017, 08:33:23 am »

Er why Don't we put the 'nades to use and Sell'em to the trader WITH the other stuff we are selling him? They might not be magic, but how many people have Medieval Napalm gernades? They could DEFINITELY be awesome enough for him to buy a few crates of 'em.
He's here for magic. We can show him the Firestorm Shells, but I doubt he'll be all that interested, impressive as they are.
I mean, in his home country they probably already have gunpowder.
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 217