Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 217

Author Topic: Wands Race - [Moskurg] {COMPLETED}  (Read 189120 times)

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wands Race - [Moskurg]
« Reply #1815 on: May 17, 2017, 02:05:01 pm »

Personally I want to get the Mirage Shield up and running to counter their growing artillery advantage.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1816 on: May 17, 2017, 02:24:19 pm »

Personally I want to get the Mirage Shield up and running to counter their growing artillery advantage.
Their ultra-extreme-long range artillery is just firing blind, though. Illusions wouldn't really help much.

Anyway, a bunch of talk, not a lot of voting. What's it gonna be, people?

Taming Pegasus: (1) NUKE9.13
Detect Sniper: (1) Devastator
Long Live United Forenia!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: May 17, 2017, 02:35:53 pm »

Put me down for pegasus taming.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1818 on: May 17, 2017, 02:39:00 pm »

Taming Pegasus: (2) NUKE9.13, Kashyyk

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1819 on: May 17, 2017, 05:17:55 pm »

Taming Pegasus: (3) NUKE9.13, Kashyyk, Madman198237
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1820 on: May 17, 2017, 05:19:43 pm »

Taming Pegasus: (4) NUKE9.13, Kashyyk, Madman198237, Detoxicated

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1821 on: May 17, 2017, 06:11:20 pm »

Taming Pegasus: (5) NUKE9.13, Kashyyk, Madman198237, Detoxicated, Sosoku234
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1822 on: May 17, 2017, 10:22:00 pm »

Their ultra-extreme-long range artillery is just firing blind, though. Illusions wouldn't really help much.
It's firing blind for now. Unless we change our votes to making some sort of beyond visual range artillery this turn, they're going to keep the bombardment advantage and it's just going to get worse as they upgrade it and come up with their own magic radios to relay targeting information or whatever solution they come up with. And Mirage Shield would also counter their normal ranged artillery as well, which we're slowly loosing against.

Taming Pegasus: (6) NUKE9.13, Kashyyk, Madman198237, Detoxicated, Sosoku234, Happerry
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #1823 on: May 18, 2017, 10:42:54 am »

Revision: Pegasi Taming [3]

Turns out taming carpets is nearly identical to taming horses.  Our wizards must put in some time to break each newly enchanted carpet, but once they do they are much more managable.

Our War Pegasi can now fly above arrow range and move slightly faster than running man.  Very Expensive.

Please decide what troops to send to reclaim the fallen star.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 10:53:29 am by evictedSaint »

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1824 on: May 18, 2017, 11:28:26 am »

Well, let's see. We can't really spare a large amount of troops from any front. Then again, we can afford to lose a section of Tundra. So maybe we can.

Let's send a large proportion (perhaps a third?) of our army that has invaded the Taiga (ie the former Jungle army). The remaining troops have permission to cede ground in the Taiga if necessary, but not to let them cross into the Jungle.

If they send more forces than that, we are almost guaranteed to make progress on the flank they pull the forces from.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1825 on: May 18, 2017, 11:33:01 am »

+1

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1826 on: May 18, 2017, 12:09:34 pm »

Sounds good to me.
Forenia Forever!

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1827 on: May 18, 2017, 12:15:18 pm »

Just a Suggestion, but rather then Dispersing our newly broken in carpets among all the Areas, Lets Send ALL of the new carpets with our troops to the fallen star, and keep using the old ones in combat.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1828 on: May 18, 2017, 03:23:40 pm »

I agree---send one third of the Taiga forces to secure that fallen star. We do NOT want to lose these new carpets. They're so much better.

However, next turn: Screw The Carpets

OK, so we now have a carpet. Rolled up. And saddled. And then trained like a horse.

Let's cut the middleman here, alright?

Flying Horses: We enchant the saddle and then fly a horse with that. Instead airborne cavalry. When the enchantment runs down, you land (Requires non-magic means of propulsion, we're not using our wizards as a standard cavalry unit) and carry on the fight....from behind the enemy. Burn the siege engines. We win the artillery war, and then the infantry war.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1829 on: May 18, 2017, 03:32:56 pm »

In your metaphor, I think the horse is the middleman. The lifting power required to lift an entire horse- so that you can drop to the ground later? Why? Just stay in the air, where they can't hit you!

Besides, I think we will have more important things to design next turn. Some people would really like us to get into transmutation, or we might want to counter their naval advantage with a new ship built from jungle hardwoods (deforesting what's left of the jungle to build new ships... hey, it benefits us, better formation fighting!)
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 217