Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 217

Author Topic: Wands Race - [Moskurg] {COMPLETED}  (Read 189141 times)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wands Race - [Moskurg]
« Reply #2100 on: May 31, 2017, 12:35:45 pm »

Delving into an entirely new school of magic to build fortifications... no thanks. We can only spend so many designs on theoretical stuff. I'm sure we can get by with the schools we have at the moment.
Long Live United Forenia!

Khang36

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2101 on: May 31, 2017, 12:52:20 pm »

The only thing would be to either create admintine walls or use our weather magic to obscure our positions, we don't have any other means to protect our men from their cannons. With their flare magic the second option is no good and i am not sure even with a design we will be able to make a spell to create enough admintine to make quick fortifications.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2102 on: May 31, 2017, 01:00:26 pm »

I point people back at the Desert Mirage. That will make our forces invisible at medium to long range, which means they'd have to fire blindly at us, if they even knew to fire at all. Any muscle-powered tank analogy will just be a slow moving target.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2103 on: May 31, 2017, 01:01:10 pm »

It's horse-powered. More than sufficient to move it at fast enough to be worthwhile.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2104 on: May 31, 2017, 01:11:43 pm »

It'll need flat, undisturbed ground to move, anything worse than that and it'll get bogged down. The only place we'll find that is occasionally the plains and the desert, two places we're already winning in.

Khang36

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2105 on: May 31, 2017, 01:58:18 pm »

I point people back at the Desert Mirage. That will make our forces invisible at medium to long range, which means they'd have to fire blindly at us, if they even knew to fire at all. Any muscle-powered tank analogy will just be a slow moving target.
The problem is that they already has a system to fire at extream ranges beyond line of sight

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2106 on: May 31, 2017, 02:23:07 pm »

Yes. We'd need to confuse their spotters.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2107 on: May 31, 2017, 03:27:22 pm »

A mirage will do that. The spotter will then have to close to within medium range and then avoid getting murdered by our entire army whilst providing flare based targeting information. I don't know about you, but that sounds difficult.

Khang36

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2108 on: May 31, 2017, 03:35:31 pm »

Well they have their mage hunters so not sure how that will go.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2109 on: May 31, 2017, 04:12:18 pm »

Maybe at some point we should revise arrowheads to use a metal with a very high fixed temperature, so they can light fires where they land. As a side bonus, out men could use bundles of them as space heaters. :D
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2110 on: May 31, 2017, 07:33:59 pm »

I'm not going to be voting for the tank ideas at least, it really doesn't sound very workable. As for our revision next turn, I was thinking Adamantine Pavise Shields myself.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Khang36

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2111 on: May 31, 2017, 07:53:46 pm »

We should also see if we can get rid of the glow it makes it really easy to spot our forces at night.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2112 on: May 31, 2017, 08:10:39 pm »

Not in lamellar, it shouldn't. After all---the whole point of lamellar is metal strips inside layers of leather and cloth.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #2113 on: June 01, 2017, 01:56:28 am »

I'm not going to be voting for the tank ideas at least, it really doesn't sound very workable. As for our revision next turn, I was thinking Adamantine Pavise Shields myself.
I'm very much against this. The pavise shields woipd do nothing against their artillery, which is really the only reason they made such a big push last turn. I think we need to give adamantium a rest for a bit. We've made it pretty good, now we need to focus on countering the shit thsts giving us so much trouble, like their cold, artillery, and falcons.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2114 on: June 01, 2017, 03:37:59 am »

I'm very much against this. The pavise shields woipd do nothing against their artillery, which is really the only reason they made such a big push last turn. I think we need to give adamantium a rest for a bit. We've made it pretty good, now we need to focus on countering the shit thsts giving us so much trouble, like their cold, artillery, and falcons.
Er, why wouldn't the Pavise Shields do anything verses their Arty? Blocking their Arty is why I considered it in the first place. Braced against the ground and with a hard Adamantium front they should be more then able to block incoming fire.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 217