Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 191 192 [193] 194 195 ... 301

Author Topic: Wands Race - [Arstotzka] {COMPLETED}  (Read 377089 times)

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
Re: Wands Race - [Arstotzka]
« Reply #2880 on: June 06, 2017, 10:58:12 am »

Revision: Regenerative crystals [3]

Previously, crystals have been limited by cumulative microfractures.  This resulted in a need for periodic maintenance, defeating the point of "permanent" crystals.

Tweaks to the nature of machine-summoned crystals has resulted in a variant of our standard crystalline substances.  By feeding on the (very minute amount) of magic naturally present in the air, our crystals can repair the minor fractures they sustain through standard use.  The crystals are still mildly brittle, and they can't repair catastrophic cracks or missing portions, but now they should be usable for most mundane things - like the crystal mounting for the steam engines on the Crystalclad or Restless.  Our soldiers also no longer require magely assistance to keep their cheap crystal axes in working order.

Please vote on an emblem.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2881 on: June 06, 2017, 11:37:01 am »

Cool. It's exactly what I was hoping for, and with just a 3 to boot.

Right, the emblem. Before I couldn't do it because I didn't have enough time to do it, then with the discussions about what to do I forgot about it. I'll work on it now.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2882 on: June 06, 2017, 12:00:17 pm »

I have finished the emblem! Glory to Arstotzka! Glory to Arstotzka.
Glory to Arstotzka.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Glory to Arstotzka.
1 - Glory to Arstotzka: Andres
Glory to Arstotzka.
Glory to Arstotzka.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2883 on: June 06, 2017, 01:46:01 pm »

You know, we kinda don't have electricity magic at all. Those lightning bolts don't make sense...

replace them with fireballs and I'm game. Maybe replace the angels with cannons, we're not a religious people.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2884 on: June 06, 2017, 01:58:59 pm »

((There is only so much I can do with Paint, Google Images, and my level of artistic skill.))

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2885 on: June 06, 2017, 02:35:36 pm »

Andres, I annot vote for angels in robes with horns. Please replace with armoured valkyries with murder-pole-axes.

0 - Avert your eyes:
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 02:40:38 pm by RAM »
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #2886 on: June 06, 2017, 02:42:24 pm »

((There is only so much I can do with Paint, Google Images, and my level of artistic skill.))
Give me some time, I can probably put something together.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2887 on: June 06, 2017, 02:56:38 pm »

Something cold and fire themed might be nice. Especially the cold.
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #2888 on: June 06, 2017, 04:23:35 pm »

Alright, how does this work for people?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Any requests for changes? I don't know what font Andres used for his flag, otherwise I would have included an "ARSTOTZKA" underneath.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2889 on: June 06, 2017, 04:43:17 pm »

I am pretty sure that our cannons look nothing like cannons. Well, vaguely like cannons, but with big boilers on them that leaves them being really very different.
But ehh, we go where the clipart takes us I suppose.
Read the First Post!

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2890 on: June 06, 2017, 04:44:55 pm »

There's something about the frost towers there that seems to detract from the overall emblem.

Maybe move the cannons up a bit and have it so there's just one frost tower in the center, starting at the bottom and going up to the falcon? It'd be behind everything else.
Also something to consider is a bit like what Andres did. In addition to adding a prominent "ARSTOTZKA" label (if you ever find the font) you could add a repeated slightly-faded "GLORY" to the entire background to make it look more interesting?

@RAM:
I think the HC1 looks like a Bombard, the HC1-E looks similar-ish to a more modern cannon, and the HA1 looks vaguely similar to WW1 artillery. Of course, none of them will look exactly like their counterparts, but they should be similar.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2891 on: June 06, 2017, 04:48:27 pm »

0 - Avert your eyes:
2 - Kadzar's Emblem: Kadzar, FallacyofUrist
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2892 on: June 06, 2017, 05:01:03 pm »

I don't know if this is the one Andres used, but this font should be the one used for the title in Papers Please, the origin of Arstotzka.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #2893 on: June 06, 2017, 05:26:51 pm »

Alright, I've now made a second version:
Spoiler: Version 2 (click to show/hide)
Glory to Arstotzka!

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2894 on: June 06, 2017, 05:34:50 pm »

The whole flaming thing doesn't make sense for us.

I propose a blue background with icicles hanging off of a grey sphere in the center. The snowflake faded into the background at various places around the flag, and the tower omitted completely.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.
Pages: 1 ... 191 192 [193] 194 195 ... 301