Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 239 240 [241] 242 243 ... 301

Author Topic: Wands Race - [Arstotzka] {COMPLETED}  (Read 376967 times)

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
Re: Wands Race - [Arstotzka]
« Reply #3600 on: July 05, 2017, 09:04:08 pm »

Honestly, I think we have sufficient momentum to keep winning for at least this turn

Let's see.
Jungle: We lost.
Desert: We had a tie. We only won by coinflip.
Plains: We win, but in Evicted's words:
Arstotzka manages to gain ground.  It's not by a huge degree, but the battle does go solidly in their favor.
And this was with both Myark and Bjorn there.
Seas: We won, but that's not really the focus here.

That's not that much momentum. With the right design and non-awful rolls, Moskurg can easily continue winning in the jungle, win again in the desert, and perhaps even start winning in the plains.

EDIT: To add to my point-
Sure. If we were to do nothing and Moskurg was to do nothing from here on out, then we would eventually win.
But Moskurg's desperate, and they're not just going to sit around doing nothing while we waste our time on theoretical research. Our designs aren't isolated in a void. Moskurg's making a design now too.

I would love to see an anti-weather spell, for instance. Or one that simply prevents them from casting as opposed to fighting the weather, which would be harder to counter. We need to be more diversified.
Hard counters are an unfun consequence of the nature of Wands Race. They arise because Wands Race is the only game that actually allows for notable amounts of hard counters thanks to the less-grounded design possibilities.
Hard counters are not fun. They're boring and all they do is invalidate another's design.
Hard counters are not the way to victory. Moskurg started winning not because they hard countered our artillery, but because they revolutionized the battle by making air units. We started winning not because we hard countered Moskurg's wind magic, but because we invested in our artillery.

Your interpretation of Mind of Madness is definitely more reasonable, but I still don't like it.

And while the Titan is a good idea, like RAM said, you're fitting 3 designs or more into one. That doesn't work, even if we have every prerequisite necessary, and it'll be useless when they counter crystal.
If they counter crystal, we will lose once. The Titan has no bearing here.
Our infantry have armor and weapons of crystal.
Our engines are made of crystal.
Our artillery is made of crystal.
Our Protectors and trains are made of crystal.
Our Crystalclad is made of crystal.

If they counter crystal, we will lose once, then revise crystal to be better than it was before, making their hard counter useless while benefitting ourself. This does not change based on the Titan.
EDIT: And this if Evicted lets them counter Crystal. As I said, hard counters are unfun and it should be obvious to anyone what countering crystal or anything like that would do - just endless hard counters.

And how am I fitting three designs into one?
The Titan is "make a huge land vehicle, give it treads, give it cannons." How that is that three designs?

« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 09:08:28 pm by Chiefwaffles »
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3601 on: July 05, 2017, 09:28:45 pm »

CW, I really have a hard time believing that your concern is serious when you refuse to compromise any part of your design to push it through. I made multiple concessions to you, but because you're more concerned with Your ideas getting through than a design you think will help, neither will likely be happening.

And mind of madness is a rather good design on its own. Even if it's not intelligent at all and just attacks any exposed mind out in the theater on wasp like instinct, it's still incredibly useful. All of their weather rituals rely on them throwing their mind out there into the storm, so if we shut that down we gain our range bonus back, plus with the now cheap explosive and extra range ammunition we will be absolutely destroying them. It helps us in the jungle too, because it shuts out their tornado things and we still win in straight melee.
It also gives us a stepping stone for AI, which would be cool for all kinds of things.

Believe it or not, my "Spite vote" is rather well reasoned.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3602 on: July 05, 2017, 09:34:56 pm »

CW, I really have a hard time believing that your concern is serious when you refuse to compromise any part of your design to push it through. I made multiple concessions to you, but because you're more concerned with Your ideas getting through than a design you think will help, neither will likely be happening.

Your "concession" is literally turning the Manticore into a revision. With no changes to the design.
In a single revision, you want to:
1.) Fix the transmission. (This is worth 1 revision)
2.) Fix the suspension. (Could potentially be done in a pair)
3.) Add treads. (This is worth 1 revision)
4.) Replace the HC1-E with a HA1, and create a variant without the HA1. (This could potentially be done in a pair)

That's not a revision, and you just don't want to accept that.

Please don't accuse me of just "being a phony" because you don't accept my reasoning. I really don't appreciate when you're attacking me for caring more about my designs getting through than the right thing. If you'd bother to read my arguments you'd know that isn't the truth.
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3603 on: July 05, 2017, 09:43:36 pm »

I'll have to side with Chiefwaffles on that one(the Manticore revision). The Protector can be greatly improved in a revision, possibly the first three points in one revision, but it's slightly too ambitious to work out completely, I think, unless our design builds towards it.
~~~
As for us winning:
Recall that owning the seas gives a huge advantage. We're winning in the seas, because crystal clad spam. By the time Moskurg's tech makes it possible for them to take the advantage, we'll have the seas and will be using that to our advantage.

The only reason the Desert was such an issue was that both of their special mages were there. They made the difference.

We don't have an overwhelming advantage in the plains, just a solid one(even with both special mages), but again seas, and if we get Mind of Madness working, it'll mush their weather magic and other stuff and give us the overwhelming advantage we're looking for. Heck, they can't even blow it away because if they try, bang, mind eaten by Mind of Madness.

To conclude:
Tundra: Why are we even discussing this?
Mountains: Extreme yes.
Jungle: Extreme yes.
Plains: Solid yes, with special mages.
Desert: Wishy-washy yes, with enemy special mages.
Seas: Solid yes.

We don't have a problem here. We have time to diversify. If we don't diversify, eventually something will happen that will bite us hard, like Moskurg countering our frost towers.

Suggestion: When we're one land away from their final piece of Desert, we revise Frost Towers to actually work against their troops and design them to be more powerful, and crush them like ice in a grinder.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3604 on: July 05, 2017, 09:46:27 pm »

I continually compromised my design down to the minimum of what would make it the manticore, treads transmission and a gun on the protector, and you conceded nothing.
Then when I didn't vote for your design anyways you accused me for voting purely out of spite. I believe the exact line that you so graciously deleted from the discord was
 "So pure spite. Gotcha. I'll be sure to repay this."
Literally threatening me for not voting for your designs. If you haven't noticed, this is a team game. You can't just strong arm all your ideas through and expect everybody to just go along.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3605 on: July 05, 2017, 09:52:09 pm »

If you haven't noticed, this is a team game. You can't just strong arm all your ideas through and expect everybody to just go along.
(Emphasis mine)

Uh-huh.

Again, your concession is literally just the Manticore, but in a revision. That's it. As gracious as you may believe you are for offering it down to lowly me, it's simply too ambitious.
I like the Manticore. It just won't work in a revision, and we have more important things for designs right now.

I'll say what I said in discord - The Manticore would be great if we could first fix the Protector in a revision this turn, then use our next design to make a better version of it thanks to the extra space we have from not having to include treads as a new thing.
And I'm confused - how did I threaten you? Because that is apparently some extremely generous paraphrasing you have there.

EDIT: Forgot to respond to Fallacy.

I agree with you completely on the "first three points in one revision". That's actually what I said to helmacon when he first brought it up and is what I've been saying about the Protector practically since we designed it. But Helmacon isn't willing to budge on the HA1 apparently, and got madder when I talked to him about it.

My problem with the Mind of Madness is that it's a new spell that will take tons of revision and time to get working. Sure, if we get it fully working now then it'd be great, but Moskurg will do things in the time we spend to get it working.
First - we should not spend both revisions on it. We need our revisions for other things. I don't know if you want this, but I just want to state this.
Second - If it's not functional this turn, then that gives Moskurg a massive chance to turn the tides.
Third - This is a hard counter! Hard counters can almost definitely be easily countered due to the nature of the game. We'll spend tons of time on this to hard counter their wind magic, then they spend a revision to get their wind magic working again, effectively getting a free turn in the process because we wasted ours.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 09:59:32 pm by Chiefwaffles »

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3606 on: July 05, 2017, 10:09:38 pm »

I stand by that statement. I was more than gracious and tried to work with you, and you took advantage of it. Believe it or not, that made me a little bit mad.

Again, your concession is literally just the Manticore, but in a revision.
This is just insulting. We spent a good bit of time debating the merits of our respective designs on the discord, and couldn't come to an agreement. Then, I came back with a compromise. I would vote for your design if we did the manticore in two steps through the revisions. This wasn't good enough for you. You wanted one of the revisions to do your anti magic stuff too. Again, I compromised. I offered a stripped down version of the Manticore. Stripped out all the atmosphere control, access panels, ammo fabrication, all the bells and whistles. Just the basics. Just what makes the Manticore the manticore. Treads, transmission, and gun. But this still wasn't good enough for you. This was too much. So I graciously concluded our negotiations and placed my vote where I thought it would be better used.

Then you attacked me. You called my vote a "spite vote" insisting that I couldn't possibly actualy support this idea that wasn't your own, and then, the kicker. You threatened me. I can put up with a lot of shit, but this crossed a line. It went from a heated debate about a difference of ideas with a few ad hominem attacks thrown in, to a literal threat. So yes. I stand by my statement and I stand by my vote. I purposely didn't post it in the thread because there are certain guidelines for behavior on todays forums, but I stand by it. I will not sit here and be insulted, threatened and berated over a difference of opinion. I will not be responding to you again in this thread.

My advice to you would be to take a step back and realise that this is just a game. You seriously need to back off.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3607 on: July 05, 2017, 10:17:44 pm »

First - we should not spend both revisions on it. We need our revisions for other things. I don't know if you want this, but I just want to state this.
Second - If it's not functional this turn, then that gives Moskurg a massive chance to turn the tides.
Third - This is a hard counter! Hard counters can almost definitely be easily countered due to the nature of the game. We'll spend tons of time on this to hard counter their wind magic, then they spend a revision to get their wind magic working again, effectively getting a free turn in the process because we wasted ours.
First. I agree with you. Ideally we would not spend any revisions on it, but I don't think that's likely. One revision will have to do.
Second. A chance, but I don't think it's a massive one, considering our current advantage.
Third. This isn't just wind magic. This is any magic they use that works at a distance, or most of it anyways. This is the ultimate counter. If we use our spare revision on frost towers for a boosted edge, we could possibly win the game this year if we win solidly enough, but if we don't, we'll be on the edge of victory and then you can do crystal stuff to crush them utterly.
And what, anyway, do they have that can counter it? If they don't have the prerequisites for a counter, it'll be even more effective.

Glory to Arstotzka.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3608 on: July 05, 2017, 11:03:12 pm »

I would like to avoid The Mind of Madness from having any associations with our fog spell. That spell has a material component and has already been largely hard-countered. We should conduct this battle in a purely metaphysical area if we can.

Chiefwaffles, I do not recall any occasion in which you "pointed ... out ... [RAM] make[s ] up everything[ In their arguments].". In order to point something out, you must point. I do not recall a single occasion in which it was every explained how any of my statements are "made up". It has been stated before, but never with any justification as to how it might be an accurate description of current matters. If you refuse to even state which specific elements of my statements are unsubstantiated then, well, it makes it really difficult to understand how your arguments could be compelling. So many of your designs have failed to even address all of their stated goals. It is obvious that your understanding of the game's boundaries is either lacking or you are deliberately making designs that are overambitious for some other reason. The crystalworks didn't have conveyor belts or steam engines or robot arms or anything, it was just slabs with a series of slots for templates. We submitted something silly and got something wonderful. The G.M. bent over backwards to give that to use and I can't see how we could be so fortunate. The protector didn't get air systems or antimagic immunity. It should have, it should have tried, failed, and resulted in not even any useful experience. What we got was mobile guns and armour. It was a miracle that the G.M. gifted us with such a working design, and we can only pray that we continue to benefit from such gifts. Should we continue to exploit this? I am not entirely comfortable with submitting nonsense and relying upon the G.M. to sanitise it. If we really want to just go out on a limb and do something awesome, lets do it in style!

Summon large, dangerous plant
Summons a large, dangerous plant. We have experience with plants, and summoning animals, and can use magems to power particularly large spells. This will obviously be easy because duh! and will be completely unopposably powerful because I said so, regardless of rolls or logic. We have experience from fields that included the keywords: Plant, shoot, and energy, along with designs that had results that could be listed as: "larger than it was before", "friendly to us", "largely impossible by all known sanity", and "spontaneous existence of weird creatures with energy attacks" so this design is not just plausible, but actually so incredibly easy that no sane person could find issue with it and I'll fight anyone who suggest that my idea might have flaws!

remember when you (RAM) said making a Falcon larger was impossible?
Could you please cite the relevance of this? I am really not comprehending it. At a glance you seem to be equating it with the Mind of Madness spell. I don't really see the relevance. We have absolutely no experience with giant animals. We have experience with modified summons, which is not the same as modified natural animals. As summoned critter comes into being according to specifications. A natural critter comes into being according to specific designs and modifications must occur without rendering the critter nonviable at any point in the process and must enforce themselves over an actively manifesting design. If we didn't have conjuration, then I would suggest that giant falcons would be easier to make from existing falcons rather than making them out of nothing, but we are- It doesn;t seem right that I would have said that it was impossible though, just a new research field would be difficult and probably fail. Low odds off it working right and... Hrmm, the post your link sent me to didn't say that anything was impossible at all, odd, it seems that you are just making things up, by the Titan-load...

Now, for a refresher, this is how you do it.
You said that I said that giant falcons were impossible, and then you linked a post to that.
I checked the link, and I did not state that that giant falcons were impossible within that link.
You made a statement and that statement was false. You are making things up.

See, that is how you claim that someone is making things up. It is simple, you point out why the thing that they said is not true. You do not just claim that it is untrue and leave it at that, you actually have to explain why it is so. Well, unless you only want to win over simpletons.

Now, I am willing to believe that I might have said that giant falcons are impossible, in context. Such as "it is impossible to make them bigger as a revision" or "Making them bigger and armoured and lightning proof in a single design is just not possible", but "falcons being giant cannot occur" seems like something that I wouldn't say. But I am not the most consistent person...

Who wants to play a game of Spot the Difference?
Any vehicle we build needs to either have longer range then them, or be faster then them.
No they don't.
If we can annihilate them when they get close and their long-range stuff does nothing against them, we win. For example, see this combat phase where we just won everywhere except the jungle and where we won at sea even though their airships outrange our Crystalclads.
Honestly, I think we have sufficient momentum to keep winning for at least this turn

Let's see.
Jungle: We lost.
Desert: We had a tie. We only won by coinflip.
Plains: We win, but in Evicted's words:
Arstotzka manages to gain ground.  It's not by a huge degree, but the battle does go solidly in their favor.
And this was with both Myark and Bjorn there.
Seas: We won, but that's not really the focus here.
Now I just leave it here with no explanation and see if people think that I have offered some grand insight or if I am just spinning my wheels uselessly. Now, granted, it is a very VERY strong shift in emphasis, but does it really contradict?

The reason that we won was my idea of a large-project oriented crystalworks. We got cheap guns and cheap ships. Those cheap ships made the turn for us. The seas are a massive power-factor and if Moskurg focuses on land then they will massively regret the sea advantage. The cheap cannons held our advantage. The protector, while useful, really wasn't a factor. It added some pressure, as an armoured combat vehicle would, but it wasn't effective at bringing down things that beat its range and speed, as was expected. We could have revised its speed, but even that would have only limited effects and been prone to an altitude upgrade on the carpets. Point is that the protector didn't win us the battles last turn. And a revision to it would not have changed that as far as I can see. We won the turn because of cheap cannons and ships. I remember seeing the cheap crystalclads in the revision description and suffering from a bout of internal giggling.
If they counter crystal, we will lose once, then revise crystal to be better than it was before, making their hard counter useless while benefitting ourself. This does not change based on the Titan.
EDIT: And this if Evicted lets them counter Crystal. As I said, hard counters are unfun and it should be obvious to anyone what countering crystal or anything like that would do - just endless hard counters.

And how am I fitting three designs into one?
The Titan is "make a huge land vehicle, give it treads, give it cannons." How that is that three designs?
We could spend this design doing something that is not made of crystal. Or developing a mixture of materials even? Weightite is still an option...
As for endlessly revising crystals to be immune to sound. We do it one, then they pull a universal frequency so we can't frequency juggle anymore. Then they pull a magic sound so that our semisolid crystals are forced to listen so we can't change the nature of their existence anymore. It is a bad line for us to follow as our avenues of retreat are steadily cut off.

As for what Evictedsaint will let them pull off? Well, lets see, what of the recent adamantine that is completely immune to all of our thermal magic, both hot and cold? And makes them immune to the thermal effects of high altitude while they are at it?
Well surely evicted wouldn't do that to our crystals!
With their troops lightly armored and massed, our theatre commander decides to start off with a sudden, powerful charge from our heavy calvary.  They can't maintain formation in the dense undergrowth, but there's enough of them it doesn't matter.  Gleaming lances of magic crystal are clutched in the hands of each horseman, but just before they slam into the enemy troops they all vanish into a puff of smoke.  It's a shock to the horsemen as their weapons disappear from their grasp, leaving them unarmed in the midst of enemy spearmen.  It's not even close - only one in ten make it back to our lines.  Our men are dead silent as our wounded and decimated calvary are shuffled off the field.  That battle went poorly, but now we know they have some new brand of magic that dispels our crystal weapons.
Well, we could have called that. I mean, it is antimagic, defeating magic is its whole thing! It is not as though our crystals had been previously demonstrated to completely ignore the antimagic fields of our antimagic charms... Oh wait...

Honestly, you are arguing that evictedSaint would not let Moskurg completely destroy all of our crystals. It has literally already happened once. How can you still have credibility at this point?
But hey, at least you are solid on The Titan not being three designs, right?
Massive in size in every way.
Layered resistive crystal makes it invulnerable to lightning strikes.
I recall that we never did get around to making resistive and conductive crystal variants. The overambitious armour project skipped it and I do not recall picking it up again.
Caterpillar treads
Transmission is improved
crystal wiring (or just sending the magical current through the walls if necessary/possible).
these two are probably pretty minor. It just says "improved" without any specifications so it is not like we are designing a modern gearbox here. And the crystal wiring is likely already working, just a risk of the scale being too much.
Magegem LightingI do not recall if they have sufficient radiance to work for this without modification, and you already have a room full to just under national effort of the things... and then again, low power means no light, so an antimagic field is lethal instead of merely disastrous. As is exhausting its power.
Internal Detonation Engines working in parallel
I expect that this will further pressure the transmission, but it might not be that bad...
Control Panels & Piloting
This seems like more technical stuff that we don't have yet. In theory it is just checking the power-levels of the circuits and whether the circuits are complete or not. But I do not believe that we currently have a means of determining whether a circuit is complete based upon a magem. An apprentice could probably pulse it to check if it is working, but it is yet more complexity to sort out.
upgrade it to include air recycling (also enchantment style). Seal the Titan to air. The strength of Crystal combined with this should allow the Titan to go fairly deep underwater, provided all hatches and whatnot are closed securely.
I recall it being explicitly stated that circuits required ongoing power additions in order to function. Scrolls may be different? This whole "enchantment" thing seems to be made-up, but feel free to cite a source if it isn't. Air recycling is, well, we could do recycling with convection, but it wouldn't make it any more breathable, and you specifiy that it is a closed system. Air that is actually made to be perpetually breathable is another matter. I feel that it is a design of its own. And I do not believe that water-tight hatches are a thing that we have ever actually done. It is rather more difficult than you might expect, but mathematically-perfect crystal shapes can likely solve it without too much difficulty.
HA1 battery on the top filled with numerous cheap HA1s configured for indirect fire. Platform with the HA1s can be lowered into the hull and have a bay door close over it, sealing and protecting them from harm if necessary.
Umm, and these are watertight hatches? That cover an entire artillery battery? That is rather more difficult than screwed-closed doors for personnel. It could be merely a part of a design, but it would be the primary focus. And then we have the matter of suddenly knowing how to do mechanical lifts and doors.
Portholes (with hatches of course) on all sides of the ships accessible from the inner decks are equipped with cheap AS-HAC-1s for point defense. Numerous AS-HAC-1s on top deck for anti-air. Ship-of-the-line-style configuration for HC1-Es exists mostly on front and a bit on left/right to allow for up-close siege potential.
Portholes don't offer the range of motion for close-area defence, and the air defence is more lifts and hatches or just waterproof or what?
Ugh, I already deleted the bit on engines, but I figure that you are assigning about 100 times the engines of Protectors for a vehicle that is about a thousand tomes the mass. That equates to a tenth of the speed, but this is meant to be faster... So, engine upgrade from nowhere?

Wherever the Titan is, we shouldn't need a camp
A mobile kitchen an plumbing doesn't sound like much, but it sort of is.
Protector Garages - Has space for a handful of Protectors to deploy from the Titan. Mostly used for side-missions, smaller assaults, scouting, etc.
Well this should just be a Protector-sized ramp, and watertight door... But the complexities of a landing bay are easy to underestimate. I would say that this is probably not quite a whole revision, but it could pull a surprise...
I cut out all of the stuff that I thought we already had, and thus would not require effort within the design. And honestly, I could see us spending two designs on the size ofthe thing. One for something that big at sea and another for supporting it on land.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 11:06:11 pm by RAM »
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3609 on: July 05, 2017, 11:12:48 pm »

I want to vote for aethergems, but it's my belief that it has a problem which needs to be fixed.

The problem is with its size/Expense. Rather than aiming for a specific size and a specific Expense, rebrand it so that it has multiple sizes with multiple Expense levels. In other words, make AAA aethergems, AA aethergems, and A aethergems. Alternatively, you could say that it's giving our current line of magegems the ability to connect to/recharge via their connection to the aether.

It'll give us more flexibility in regards to our aethergems and making it so it's practically an upgrade to magegems rather than a new thing based on magegems should make it easier to do.

Glory to Arstotzka.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3610 on: July 05, 2017, 11:27:28 pm »

Gotcha. I'll edit it in now. I thought about that but ultimately decided to do a kind of cop out, but I'll change it.
I'll have it scale in charge rates too to make the expenses reasonable. So each Magegem goes from 0% to 100% in the same amount of time, but vary in actual rates due to varying capacities.
Something like that.

But the goal anyways was to basically make Awthergems upgraded Magegems. I'll see if I can make that a bit more clear if needed.

EDIT:

@Andres: I've made the requested changes.

@RAM: Case in point.

@Fallacy: There's always going to be an obtainable way to reverse a hard counter. It's just the way of things. If we spend tons of time on the ultimate wind magic counter, they will spend a revision, or at most a single design with extra benefits, to easily undo everything we've done.
Imagine if Moskurg used wind magic to make it so our artillery couldn't even fire. That'd be the ultimate counter for them, sure, but we could easily undo their counter with a single revision.

« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 12:15:24 am by Chiefwaffles »

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3611 on: July 06, 2017, 12:24:20 am »

I would like to point out that since we have no real air force, some sort of spirit wasp (which might be what we end up with as vague as the design description is) would allow us to not only attack the ritual casting wizards on airships, but attack airships in general. It's not a hard counter to wind that can be easily countered, it's a soft counter to group casting and air forces.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3612 on: July 06, 2017, 12:27:36 am »

Aren't our current wasps hard countered by their air because of wind? Falcons don't have a problem because of uh, aerodynamics and size I suppose; their problem is quantity.
One would definitely have to explicitly account for that in a design for any small flying creature.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3613 on: July 06, 2017, 12:34:43 am »

Its magic capacity is estimated to be roughly equal to that of an AA Magegem, or higher if possible.
This bit still needs to be removed.

Glory to Arstotzka.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3614 on: July 06, 2017, 12:36:26 am »

Done.
Pages: 1 ... 239 240 [241] 242 243 ... 301