Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 249 250 [251] 252 253 ... 301

Author Topic: Wands Race - [Arstotzka] {COMPLETED}  (Read 377061 times)

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
Re: Wands Race - [Arstotzka]
« Reply #3750 on: July 10, 2017, 06:27:50 pm »

Revision: Blind-Flares [4+6]

A very basic tweak of our existing flares, "Blind-Flares" are our normal flares tweaked for maximum brightness.  A very basic cantrip that even the most fumbling of apprentices can learn, the blind-flare is an easy, quick self-defense spell that can be shot off at a moments notice.  The flare winks out of existence once it strikes an object, but during the time it is in the air it is very bright, white, and fast.

Does not work if the enemy has their eyes closed.  Will blind the user, unless they have their eyes closed. Cheap.

What do you do about the trader?  Where do you deploy Myark?

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3751 on: July 10, 2017, 06:41:45 pm »

Myrak to jungle. Seize the traders ship.

@ES did our flash flares get the sound effect too? Like a flash bang was the idea I think.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3752 on: July 10, 2017, 06:42:55 pm »

Void's proposal didn't have anything mentioning sound, actually.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3753 on: July 10, 2017, 06:52:30 pm »

Dang. Anyhow...

Myark:
1 - Jungle: helmacon
1 - Desert: FallacyofUrist

Trader:
1 - Seize his ship!: helmacon
1 - Give him crystal axes, lances, and armor... conjured the old-fashioned way rather than with the Crystalworks: FallacyofUrist

Orders:
3 - Buy Chief and RAM a room so they can hatefuck and get it out of their system: Draignean, helmacon, FallacyofUrist

He might get violent if we seize his ship. How about we cheat him out of his crystal instead. If he complains about them disappearing before he leaves instead of next time he shows up, we'll know he's descended from the original trader in some way instead of being a pirate.

As for Myark, we have 2 progress on the enemy homeland. We are 2 land away from winning this. We need to push this!
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3754 on: July 10, 2017, 07:00:05 pm »

M
Myark:
1 - Desert: FallacyofUrist

Trader:
1 - Give him crystal axes, lances, and armor... conjured the old-fashioned way rather than with the Crystalworks: FallacyofUrist

Orders:
3 - Buy Chief and RAM a room so they can hatefuck and get it out of their system: Draignean, helmacon, FallacyofUrist
0 - Redirect all our forces to the middle lane:
0 - Withdraw form the front-line of the desert and build a line of fortifications:
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3755 on: July 10, 2017, 07:04:14 pm »

They can make tornadoes.

Guess what fortifications are weak against.

Until we can create crystal fortresses, fortifications more significant than a trench are a bad idea.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3756 on: July 10, 2017, 08:02:05 pm »

It really ought to be difficult to make whirlwinds in cold regions. Our frost towers are stated as acting as fortifications, they ought to be able to withstands some damage. I am sure that they would crumble if a twister just sat on them for several minutes, but a glancing blow could potentially be survived, given that they are stated as being fortifications, and thus presumably somewhat hardened... Not to mention that we could pre-sight targets and set up concealed observation posts. I mean, I still think that it is a bad idea, whatever they come up with this turn will probably invalidate all our preparations, and, I mean, we pretty much explicitly posted defences in the mountains before then enemy first counter-attacked and that didn't count for much of anything because trees don't grow so good in mountains, but it still ought to have slowed down their advance a little and bought us some more time to react. But it was mentioned earlier so I figured that we ought to at least give it a chance, so it is on the list, and having lots of entries on the list has never been a problem for me...
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3757 on: July 10, 2017, 09:55:44 pm »

He might get violent if we seize his ship. How about we cheat him out of his crystal instead. If he complains about them disappearing before he leaves instead of next time he shows up, we'll know he's descended from the original trader in some way instead of being a pirate.

As for Myark, we have 2 progress on the enemy homeland. We are 2 land away from winning this. We need to push this!

Seems like a great way to repeat the same thing from last time, Fallacy. Where we miss out on an expense credit because we screwed him last time.

Instead,
Give them conjured crystal axes, crystal lances, and Combat Armor, and ~2 apprentices (or extra if they need more for maintenance) to keep the stuff maintained. Tell them about the maintenance requirements of the conjured crystal. Tell the apprentices in secret to report back somehow the fate of the original merchant and the state of the Chinese Academy. And to refuse maintenance if they observe any notably illegal acts.

We get the expense credit guilt-free with some potential information later!

Really, think about it.
They aren't in the Fog-O-War. The Merchant was given a Fog-O-War last time and he loved it. If they really did do something bad with the original merchant, then wouldn't we see the fog-o-war? If the merchant loved the F-O-W so much last time, then it must be a highly advanced+capable vessel in comparison to their standard ones and it wouldn't make sense for a pirate to capture the merchant but not his supercool ship.

Also, we have people in china, don't we? The whole Academy thing we set up in china? It seems like we would know if something bad happened over there.

Myark:
2 - Desert: FallacyofUrist, Chiefwaffles

Trader:
1 - Give him crystal axes, crystal lances, and combat armor, all conjured to eventually dispel without maintenance + tell them of maintenance requirements (don't mention the crystalworks). Send minimum amount of apprentices to maintain everything along. Give apprentices secret orders to eventually find a way to report back about state of Chinese Academy + old merchant + info about new trader and to report back+refuse to help if they witness highly illegal acts: Chiefwaffles
0 - Give him Crystal Axes, Crystal Lances, Combat Armor, and two apprentices (as "tokens of appreciation/ambassadors/diplomats/[diplomatic excuse here]"). Give apprentices secret orders to report back about state of Chinese Academy + old merchant + more information about this new trader:

Orders:
I sure do love highly complicated orders!

Also, I included another vote thing (without my vote) to just do the same thing but make the stuff machine crystal and the apprentices just a "gift of cooperation" or "diplomats" or "ambassadors" or something. If people want to do this instead I'll gladly vote for it.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3758 on: July 10, 2017, 10:12:51 pm »

Myark:

Trader:
1 - Give him crystal axes, crystal lances, and combat armor, all conjured to eventually dispel without maintenance + tell them of maintenance requirements (don't mention the crystalworks). Send minimum amount of apprentices to maintain everything along. Give apprentices secret orders to eventually find a way to report back about state of Chinese Academy + old merchant + info about new trader and to report back+refuse to help if they witness highly illegal acts: Chiefwaffles
0 - Give him Crystal Axes, Crystal Lances, Combat Armor, and two apprentices (as "tokens of appreciation/ambassadors/diplomats/[diplomatic excuse here]"). Give apprentices secret orders to report back about state of Chinese Academy + old merchant + more information about this new trader:

Orders:
0 - Withdraw form the front-line of the desert and build a line of fortifications:
Read the First Post!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3759 on: July 12, 2017, 02:35:06 am »

Myark:
1 - The Ship!: Andres

Trader:
2 - Seize his ship!: helmacon

Orders:

Glory to Arstotzka.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3760 on: July 12, 2017, 03:37:02 am »

Myark:
1 - The Ship!: Andres, RAM

Trader:
2 - Seize his ship!: helmacon, Andres, RAM

Orders:

Glory to Arstotzka.
ftfy
Read the First Post!

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3761 on: July 12, 2017, 06:20:02 am »

Myark:
3 - Desert: FallacyofUrist, Chiefwaffles,Andrea
2 - The Ship!: Andres, RAM

Trader:
2 - Seize his ship!: helmacon, Andres, RAM

Orders:

What are you sending myark to the ship for, exactly? he is a master wizard and that is a normal ship crew. Our soldiers and wizards at home can do just fine.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3762 on: July 12, 2017, 02:29:10 pm »

Well, yeah, but they might scuttle if we don't mind control them into surrendering.
Read the First Post!

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3763 on: July 12, 2017, 03:04:41 pm »

How long would it take Myark to visit the ship, anyway?
Generic Arms Race.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3764 on: July 12, 2017, 03:12:32 pm »

Probably long enough to expend the turn, once you factor in travel timesand game balance
Read the First Post!
Pages: 1 ... 249 250 [251] 252 253 ... 301