Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18

Author Topic: Roll to Morrowind (6/4) - Balmora: Is that the Main Quest calling?  (Read 33918 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Morrowind (6/4) - Balmora: Is that the Main Quest calling?
« Reply #240 on: August 14, 2017, 11:35:36 am »

Eetz looked down at the coinpurse with a disappointed expression. There were no drugs inside, only gold coins. Sigh.

"This one sees how it is, you have brought us all here to get things for you, and do these 'favors'. Still, If-You-Know-What-I-Mean had its maid outfit confiscated on the prison ship, so this one's favors may lack nuance, if you know what I mean."

Wait to see what direction the others are going
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: August 14, 2017, 01:26:26 pm »

"Taahni will go to the mages guild, it would be best if we agreed to meet up later. If-You-Know-What-I-Mean, it would be best if you learned the layout of the town and possibly the surrounding area as well, so that our group will be able to prepare ourselves for any 'favors' in the most efficient way possible. Taahni suggests meeting at the silt strider after accomplishing our tasks."

To the Mages Guild
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 07:54:26 am by Rautherdir »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: August 14, 2017, 11:58:13 pm »

"If-Y- wait that's your name? Oh well, um. I guess my cover name will be Yew, then. The silt strider would be a great meeting place."

To the Fighters Guild, I go! This ARMOR that I just bought will be my perfect disguise!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: August 15, 2017, 02:58:00 am »

Bobs carefully reads the pamphlet before scribbling down what is presumably his signature.

"Now what?" he asks cheerfully.

Sign the parchment.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: August 29, 2017, 11:58:00 am »

"Just two questions from me, okay three," Tyrian said, "First one or two, is how much food and some equipment would be, for reasons to blend in (or do we look okay with what we've got now?), and the third one is if there's anything those people have against those secret cult ideas. Like, what kinds of favors? If it involves money?

"I'll be heading to the Fighters' Guild on that note, anything about magic is something I do not know."

Inquiry before adventure!

"You don't look too conspicuous. But I want you to get some better equipment, so you don't die on me. I can't say how much it will cost, that's up to you to haggle. As for the favors, I doubt they'll want your money. They'll probably have an errand of some kind. And I don't know what people might have against either of those cults. That's something our contacts can hopefully shed some light on. But I would caution against talking about any cults around the Tribunal Temple."

Eetz looked down at the coinpurse with a disappointed expression. There were no drugs inside, only gold coins. Sigh.

"This one sees how it is, you have brought us all here to get things for you, and do these 'favors'. Still, If-You-Know-What-I-Mean had its maid outfit confiscated on the prison ship, so this one's favors may lack nuance, if you know what I mean."

Wait to see what direction the others are going

"So what I'm hearing is, you're volunteering for the next time I need someone to run a Honeypot mission."

It seems your friends are going to the Mages' and Fighters' guilds, and thus heading in the same direction, for you remember seeing the Guildhalls right next to each other.

"Taahni will go to the mages guild, it would be best if we agreed to meet up later. If-You-Know-What-I-Mean, it would be best if you learned the layout of the town and possibly the surrounding area as well, so that our group will be able to prepare ourselves for any 'favors' in the most efficient way possible. Taahni suggests meeting at the silt strider after accomplishing our tasks."

To the Mages Guild

You remember seeing the guildhalls last night, literally on the opposite corner of the city. However, the walk over is pleasant enough, as Balmora seems a bit less sketchy in daylight. After about half an hour you and your fellows reach the Gate Plaza, and enter the Mage's Guildhall through its ground floor entrance. "Yew" heads into the Fighter's guild next door.

Bobs carefully reads the pamphlet before scribbling down what is presumably his signature.

"Now what?" he asks cheerfully.

Sign the parchment.

"Welcome to the Mage's Guild!" She slides the form back over and adds it to a stack of paperwork on her desk. "Now then. You can now borrow Guild property and have use of our supply chests, but take care to leave the personal property of other mages alone. It's simple, really. Just pay your dues on time and don't commit any crimes against other Guild members and you'll do just fine. If you want to earn advancement, talk to me or any of the Stewards of our other Guildhalls for duties."

You hear a door open somewhere nearby, and through the open door of Ranis' office, you see a familiar face walking down the corridor. Looks like that nice Khajiit from the boat.

"Very fine weapons indeed, sir," Marcius says as he goes to a particular piece, a dagger in the Akaviri style with that telltale magical sheen. With Ra'Virr's permission he picks it up and looks it over.

"Tell you what, I'll take this... demon tanto, you said it was? Yes, I'll take this, and also that chitin spear over yonder, that iron club gathering dust in the corner, and those two shortswords, iron and chitin, from the sharp things collection, and on top of that, let's say, 500 septims and a toast to a mutually beneficial relationship and assuredly many shared acquisitions in the future?"

Marcius puts on his most charming smile as he avoids commenting on the quality of the merchandise.

Trade in the barrel and other odds and ends for a Chitin Shortsword, Chitin Spear, Iron Shortsword and Iron Club as well as a Demon Tanto in addition to 500 septims as an initial offer.

If he tries to fleece me and give me less than 400 septims (which I'd be satisfied with on a notional level) on top of the loot, however, that's definitely a case for using the Voice of the Emperor to smooth things over.

[4] Ra'virr, in fact, pours you both a cup of Cyrodillic Brandy to toast with. "To new friends. And many profitable reunions!"

"If-Y- wait that's your name? Oh well, um. I guess my cover name will be Yew, then. The silt strider would be a great meeting place."

To the Fighters Guild, I go! This ARMOR that I just bought will be my perfect disguise!

[2] Just before you enter the Fighter's Guild, you hear someone calling. "Hey!" You look to your right: on the steps of a storefront the next building over, you spot that nice fellow Bosmer you met at the Tradehouse in Seyda Neen yesterday!

smooth moves

"You are correct, ma'am. My name is Constantine Mentorus. I only just arrived, due to a forced detour on my way to Balmora. I must be on my way now, if Tarhiel is alright."

Politely depart and resume hiking to Balmora.

OOC:Would it be possible for me to eventually import a set of Cyrodiil's Legion armor?
(Probably. Though I'm not sure if it would look different, or if Oblivion was retconning how legion armor is supposed to look?)

"Yes, yes. The Bosmer will be fine. But..." She seems like she's trying to say something but swallows it. "Hmm... Good luck on the road." You feel her eyes on you as you leave the inn.

[5] After you depart Pelagiad, you find it's a rather easy road ahead. Nice, open country, with only gentle hills. You pass plenty of little farms and villas, in both the familiar Imperial and the strange Dunmeri style, almost all of which with their owners hard at work in the fields. Your Legion conditioning has not forsaken you, and you keep a light jog for most of the way, which combined with your early start makes for some very good time. It's only just coming off noon when the road starts to head into the mountains.

[1] SKREEEE!
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: August 29, 2017, 12:51:27 pm »

OOC:I was hoping for the Oblivion design.

"What manner of creature produces such a foul racket?"

Defend myself when the cliff racers swoop down.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: August 29, 2017, 04:19:14 pm »

"This one is here to see Sharn gra-Muzgob."

Inquire.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: August 29, 2017, 04:34:38 pm »

"This seems like the beginning of a beautiful friendship!" Marcius toasts. "Should I ever meet a man or woman with too much on their persons, I will recommend your shop to them first of all."

Take my leave and return to my fellow goons. The split I would go with here is 200 septims for me as both the brains and the essential component in the operation, and 75 septims for Fargoth and the three slaves each for their valuable assistance. They also get their pick of the shortswords, spear and club (I keep the tanto, naturally) as their weaponry for the foreseeable future, and a promise that there'll be more money to be made in not very long at all.

Have Fargoth rent a room in an inconspicuous place (like the Eight Plates, for example) and see to it that the others get some respectable clothes as I take in the rest of the town and familiarize myself with the locations of the local guildhalls and similar places of fine employment and then, unless I encounter something in the city, head over to the South Wall Cornerclub to inquire about Caius Cosades.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: September 16, 2017, 10:19:14 pm »

((Oh no, how did I forget to post in this.))

Say hello to the nice Khajiit!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: September 16, 2017, 10:27:16 pm »

This was somehow NOT in my newbox :'( I was wondering to its status Hugo!

Tyri waved at Fargoth, who she had met a long way back at a harbor miles away.

"Small world seeing you here? Hello! I'm still on the courier job. Asking people around."

If needed: tell as much as confidential, but get forward with the Fighters' Guild! Find that Hasphat Antabolis person and begin asking!

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: September 21, 2017, 12:48:46 pm »

(Still need Eetz, but need to move!)
(Probably going to give some extra actions to Bobs and Taahni after this.)

OOC:I was hoping for the Oblivion design.

"What manner of creature produces such a foul racket?"

Defend myself when the cliff racers swoop down.
You look up to see what looks like a big leathery snake-bird swooping down towards you. [2] You raise your shield and block the initial strike from its tail, but it flaps around you just barely too high for your sword to reach. After a few fruitless passes trying to hit each other, you see two more of the creatures appear from nooks up on the mountainside and dive straight for you. You are forced to take cover beneath an overhanging rock to avoid being struck at by all of them at once.

This was somehow NOT in my newbox :'( I was wondering to its status Hugo!

Tyri waved at Fargoth, who she had met a long way back at a harbor miles away.

"Small world seeing you here? Hello! I'm still on the courier job. Asking people around."

If needed: tell as much as confidential, but get forward with the Fighters' Guild! Find that Hasphat Antabolis person and begin asking!

"Y-yeah! Um... so, do you come here- er, what brings you here?"
[5] You tell him that you've got some business at the Fighter's Guild, mostly to question the experienced worldly people there, and make no mention of Caius Cosades. He tells you that he's on an adventure, with that colorful Imperial from the boat who accompanied you to the Tradehouse, funnily enough. "He's over in the general store nearby dividing the spoils of war right now!"

[5] It's all very interesting, but you both seem to have business to get back to. The inside of the Fighter's guild looks much the same architecturally as Caius' house, though better maintained. A Redguard smith at work in an alcove on the ground floor tells you that Hasphat is downstairs, sparring in the basement. You follow a hallway past a large bunkroom until you reach a staircase, and enter into a square room. The floor is covered in padded mats, and the walls lined with weapon racks. It's lit warmly by beige paper lanterns in the corners. In the center you see an Imperial and an Orc sparring with quarterstaves. "Good swing," he says, blocking an overhead stike, "but mind your footwork!" He shoves forward with his staff and the orc loses balance and falls on his rear. "Keep em wide. You're not on a tightrope here."

After he helps the Orc up, you catch his attention and pull him aside after a brief introduction. "So you're with Caius, eh? And Caius wants information? Of course, there's a this-for-that involved. I require a favor first, and then I'll tell you what you want to know." You tell him you were expecting this, and he continues.

"There are Dwemer ruins nearby called Arkngthand. It's close to Fort Moonmoth, just take the trail up the mountain there and cross the bridge. I need you to find a little cube called a 'Dwemer Puzzle Box.' It's about the size of a fist, maybe a little bigger. It will be made of a coppery metal, with a circular design and symbols on one side and some lined marks on the other sides. That's all I want, that little cube. Bring me back the Dwemer puzzle box, and I'll tell you what you want to know."

((Oh no, how did I forget to post in this.))

Say hello to the nice Khajiit!
"This one is here to see Sharn gra-Muzgob."

Inquire.
(Don't worry, you're not nearly as guilty as I am :P )

The Khajiit recognizes you as well, but seems to be preoccupied with an errand of some sort. [4] You don't know who this Sharn gra-Muzgob is, but Ranis helpfully chimes in. "Sharn will be the tall, dour looking Orc. She keeps a work station in the corner of the basement."

"This seems like the beginning of a beautiful friendship!" Marcius toasts. "Should I ever meet a man or woman with too much on their persons, I will recommend your shop to them first of all."

Take my leave and return to my fellow goons. The split I would go with here is 200 septims for me as both the brains and the essential component in the operation, and 75 septims for Fargoth and the three slaves each for their valuable assistance. They also get their pick of the shortswords, spear and club (I keep the tanto, naturally) as their weaponry for the foreseeable future, and a promise that there'll be more money to be made in not very long at all.

Have Fargoth rent a room in an inconspicuous place (like the Eight Plates, for example) and see to it that the others get some respectable clothes as I take in the rest of the town and familiarize myself with the locations of the local guildhalls and similar places of fine employment and then, unless I encounter something in the city, head over to the South Wall Cornerclub to inquire about Caius Cosades.

When you step out, handing some of your purchase to your associates to help carry, Fargoth informs you that he saw some of your former shipmates going into the Guildhalls next door. "The Bosmer lady, and, um, I think that Khajiit as well."

(You've got a choice here about going after Caius or changing direction, but I'll go ahead and resolve the other actions here. If you're buying things here, I'll roll to see the offer you get and leave it up to you to accept)

[6] Given everything you've done for them lately, Fargoth and the former slaves are quite grateful and see no reason to get off what's been a good ride so far. And with associates who are quite loyal for the time being, you are able to accomplish errands while pursuing other threads on your own. Banalz, the Argonian woman, seems rather street smart, and assists in scouting the town.
[5] The slaves are already wearing decent, though common clothes taken from the loot barrel, but you find a good deal on some respectable clothes from an outfitter on the northern side of the gate plaza: 35 septims for an outfit upgrade to the three of them. 45 to get some for Fargoth, too.
[1] Unfortunately, a city this big will take a few days at least to commit to memory. And you get the feeling you may have caught some unfriendly eyes while walking through backstreets between the plaza and docks. Hopefully nothing more than the general eyes of hungry Provincials towards a well-to-do Imperial, though.
[4] Fargoth reports that there's a good priced inn called the Eight Plates just north of the plaza, with a room for all of you at 10 drakes a night for the rest of the week. You might be able to negotiate a better price if you're staying longer than that. Though in that case it might be cheaper to look into bunkhouses near the waterfront, or an apartment on the East side of the river.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: September 21, 2017, 01:11:29 pm »

The others can upgrade their clothes from their own budgets if they wish - I would strongly recommend that they do, but the choice is ultimately up to them.

On the other hand I would pay for the room at the Eight Plates - secure said room and have a chat with the owner, perhaps we can work out a more inexpensive arrangement: I can tell a mean joke, you know, and maybe the others have some marketable entertainment skills we could leverage for room and board?

Whatever the result, have my fellows hold down the fort for a bit while I personally investigate the South Wall Cornerclub.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: September 21, 2017, 01:20:01 pm »

Using the rock to protect myself, jab at the cliff racers until they tire and go away.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: September 21, 2017, 02:35:56 pm »

"How convenient! What is your business with this Sharn? I have recently joined this very guild, so I should definitely come meet her!"

Go meet Sharn with friendly Khajiit.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: September 21, 2017, 04:11:47 pm »

"A simple request for information. Although, is joining the guild so easy as to do it overnight? Taahni would be interested in a chance to hone her skills."

Go find Sharn.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18