Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 19

Author Topic: "Simple" Dwarven Fort, It's cold here (succession fort) Grab the save!  (Read 30896 times)

Alpha Loves You

• Bay Watcher
  • I've marked a border
    • View Profile
Re: "Simple" Dwarven Fort, Werebears are !!fun!! (4 player Succession)
« Reply #150 on: June 07, 2017, 01:31:06 pm »

ok, only doing one season today because so much happened and I want to have some fun with this fortress:

4th of Granite: A vile force of darkness has arrived  :o
only 10 of them though, this should be easy
6th of Granite: All 10 are dead, we lost one dwarf killing them though, rest in peace Aban Monomeshtan.
23rd of Granite: Dastot, a wood burner has given birth to a girl
27th of Granite: A traveling performance troupe has arrived... They're goblins and elves... Do not trust!
1st of Slate: Dwarfed Bluepheonix because he/she hasn't been done yet. Is a AxeLord ok?
7th of Slate: MIGRANTS!!! we have:
1 x Dyer
1 x Seige Operator
1 x Presser
2 x Trappers
1 x Clothier
1 x Bone Carver
1 x Woodburner
1 x Woodcrafter
2 x Bowyers
2 x Potash Makers
4 x Goslings (that hatched during the migrant wave)
1 x Papermaker
1 x Furnace operator
WAIT HOLD THE PHONE!

ENEMY ETTIN HAS ARRIVED 5 FEET AWAY FROM THE MIGRANTS!!!
9th of Slate: Well, the Ettin is dead, murdered by one of the new migrants with an axe (who I nicknamed Corset just because). The ettin did however murder 2 of the migrants and a pig and I have no idea how many arrived with this distraction. Our total dwarf count is 98.
3rd of Felsite: I've just had to order 40 puppy butchers due to our spring births. There's enough to lag my game to hell
4th of Felsite:

Bring it on Nature!
5th of Felsite:

Yes thanks Eden, thank you for interrupting an epic battle to remind me Kobolds are awesome.
6th of Felsite: The FB was killed by Our badass Spearmaster "Lead Zeppelin". I think he has earned that name now.
15th of Felsite: The Bedrooms that we built have been expanded for our migrants and every bedroom has a Coffer and a Cabinet inside.
26th of Felsite: Since the road was finished, I've decided to give the outside fort a wooden floor. Mostly to piss off the elves.

Ok, finishing off the final season tomorrow. Whoever wants to play next can pick up the save then.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 01:33:27 pm by Alpha Loves You »

Zefermcdwarfpants

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 07, 2017, 02:09:40 pm »

Have I been dorfed  yet? I'd like someone in the military.
"Men! On my count!"
"Wait!" A waitress comes running out from the kitchen. "He is the new leader!"
"Why should we believe you?"
The waitress picks up the plate of waffles, and hands it to the man.
"The flag is in the waffles."
"Oh. That works then." Zefer becoming Leader of IHOP

bluephoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 07, 2017, 04:38:47 pm »

Thanks Alpha, AxeLord sounds great.

Alpha Loves You

• Bay Watcher
  • I've marked a border
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 08, 2017, 07:08:56 pm »

1st of Hematite: Some random dwarf who arrived in the last migrant wave has spent 2 months having a tantrum, bellowing that he be known as "Zefermcdwarfpants". Just to get him out of my hair for a little while I granted his request and enlisted him in the militia below our captain of the guard, what with him being a self proclaimed "mighty warrior".
18th of Hematite: Migrants, thankfully we weren't interrupted again:
1 x Cook
1 x Carpenter
1 x Child
1 x Leatherworker
2 x Traders
1 x Furnace operator
1 x Miner
25th of Hematite:

This guy arrived. After we killed 3 Megabeasts in this year alone, i'd thought Nature would take the hint to leave us alone. Apparently not. I'm leaving it trapped in the cavern, any dwarf worth their salt knows what horrible things deadly dust does to you. Zaz quell can write a poem about it or something.
1st of Malachite: I think I was right to not fight that FB. It's been stomping around bursting on a herd of Rutherers and every one that was hit with its dust has died in seconds. Commander Snow, our leader has identified it as an extreme paralytic toxic. I think we dodged a bullet on this one fam.
Although it would have been fun to see Zefer prove his worth in battle against it...
2nd of Malachite: Note to self, never piss off a Rutherer. After massacring its friends, a lone Rutherer attacked Spusngedlu (FB) and managed to send him fleeing, breaking its ribs and left foot. Of course it died afterwards but still.

24th of Malachite: The FB has been massacring everything that appears in the cavern layer. It's almost impressive, it's body is literally covered in scars and it's limbs are mangled but it keeps bulldozing everything that moves down there.

27th of Malachite: Our beautiful soap production is going great. Now everyone can be clean and fresh in this fort. Now that there's a dust spewing tortoise down below, I want everyone having daily baths. NO EXEPTIONS!
1st of Galena: I've been hearing whispers around the fort about me being obsessed with the Forgotten beast on the cavern layer. You're all wrong, I'm not obsessed. Just because this thing massacred a whole crundle group and my sword hand is dying to kill such a worthy opponent doesn't mean I'm obsessed with it. It's just that you lot aren't doing anything interesting! just for that, we're Building a fantastic room made entirely from soap, That'll clean up everyone! THIS IS WHAT YOU GET!!!!
2nd of Galena: ok, maybe I was joking about the soap room guys... guys... please listen to me....
5th of Galena: Holy hell, Turns out that a random skinny crundle called "Omosmuksmum" managed to kill Spusngedlu. It sliced open it's throat and survived until it finally asphyxiated. Good job crundle! Now maybe the guys won't think i'm insane anymore!
10th of Galena: I've decided to take up an apprentice in a fellow swordsdwarf. I've nicknamed him "beta". While he's already very good at killing, I feel like some dwarven interaction may take my mind off of the FB I should have killed. It doesn't help that Omosmuksmum also rotted away after slicing open his throat.
27th of Galena: well guys, I've decided, tomorrow I'll be stepping down as overseer for the third time. Nothing personal but this job isn't for me. I'm far better suited to stalking weird monsters and crying over elves. Here's some sketches of the improved rooms:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And here's our end of year stats:

And the Download: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=12956

Thanks for letting me play guys, give me a shout when I can play again  :D

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 08, 2017, 10:39:14 pm »

Is there anyone that didn't play yet, that would like to claim the save?
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

kingawsume

• Bay Watcher
  • Still wondering why orang man and meme man feud.
    • View Profile
    • Sig Text
« Reply #155 on: June 09, 2017, 12:24:12 pm »

I'll join in on that save, been dying to get some action in.
Urist McZombie, werecarp, has taken form! A giant carp twisted into a humanoid form. Its eyes glow blue. Its fins are purple. Now you will know to fear the night.
"Problems with playing in evil biomes"

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 09, 2017, 11:48:44 pm »

I'll join in on that save, been dying to get some action in.
Sure
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 14, 2017, 05:21:16 am »

Is Kingawsume still around?

Alpha Loves You

• Bay Watcher
  • I've marked a border
    • View Profile
Re: "Simple" Dwarven Fort, Werebears are !!fun!! (succession fort)
« Reply #158 on: June 14, 2017, 05:57:48 am »

Is Kingawsume still around?
No idea, if he/she doesn't turn up do you or zazq want to have a go?

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 14, 2017, 06:11:18 am »

Zazq can have a go. I'm as always busy, but would like to take a turn before I go back to Poland (July 3rd). I'm really excited to see my family, but dwarven blood and vomit always come first. I also don't like to go out, because of a serious case of cave adaptation.

bluephoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 14, 2017, 07:11:55 am »

I'm not sure if you guys would be up for it but once the new version has been released we should try to play the same world for as long as possible.
Once a fortress has been completed/we get bored of it we can retire that fortress and start the next one, that way we would have a rich world with a lot of player fortresses which would be pretty interesting in my opinion.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 14, 2017, 09:46:16 am »

I would prefer to create a new world so that we can fully experience the new version.

Alpha Loves You

• Bay Watcher
  • I've marked a border
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 14, 2017, 12:35:32 pm »

I would prefer to create a new world so that we can fully experience the new version.
Probably won't have to worry about the game being updated for at least a couple of years anyway

failedreality

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 14, 2017, 03:36:04 pm »

I'm chiming in to say that this was a fun thread to read..  Sounds like you are all having fun!
Can't wait to see more!

bluephoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 14, 2017, 04:31:03 pm »

Yeah the new version will probably break current worlds, I meant a new world of course.

Probably won't have to worry about the game being updated for at least a couple of years anyway

Well it seems like Today has the majority of features implemented that he was aiming for in this version and he did mention he sees the finish line a few weeks ago, so shouldn't be much longer until it gets released.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 19