Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 19

Author Topic: "Simple" Dwarven Fort, It's cold here (succession fort) Grab the save!  (Read 30919 times)

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
Re: Simple Dwarven Fort (4 player Succession)(3/4)(Looking for players)
« Reply #75 on: April 30, 2017, 07:01:17 pm »

Wow that's a useful artifact and an awesome one as well, though the name....
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Alpha Loves You

• Bay Watcher
  • I've marked a border
    • View Profile

Ok, time to finish this:
12th of Moonstone: Found an underground cavern with plenty of water... And cave swallow people.
15th of Moonstone: Our injured wax worker was saved from dehydration just in time. Yay I guess
25th of Moonstone: I somehow managed to trap a troll. I'll have to fix that with a steel mace.
6th of Opal: We are currently being harassed by a GCS. We break its legs but it keeps coming back. It hasn't hurt or killed anyone yet but it is annoying
23rd of Opal: Built some noble rooms. They should serve for when we get a mayor
2nd of Obsidian: captured a GCS. Should I tame it or butcher it? Up to you guys
11th of Obsidian: More troglodyte killing. I can safely say that we have a pretty awesome squad right now.
15th of Obsidian: A mason has been possessed. Probably won't finish before spring but i'll let her try.
24th of Obsidian:

And with that, the year is over, Here's our stats:

A pretty eventful year. Gained a lot of cool stuff and also a GCS and 2 warebears.
Thanks for letting me play guys. I'm looking forward to my next year.
https://mega.nz/#F!dbJwDLaZ!FMfAg-_Y1OmjPdM2H5XsoA
Uploading via MEGA because I can't get DFFD to work

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile

Wanna take the save Zazq?
Don't tame the GCS. Use it for a silk farm.
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Alpha Loves You

• Bay Watcher
  • I've marked a border
    • View Profile

Wanna take the save Zazq?
Don't tame the GCS. Use it for a silk farm.
I think you'd better take it, Zazq is mia

zazq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

grandma came to visit, please take the save and i'll take next turn.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile

Gonna try as much as possible but I might not be able to do more than two seasons. We will see.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile

Work hit me in the face really hard this weekend and I wasn't able to do anything.

zazq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

ALRIGHT READY TO PLAY!  WHOS TURN IS IT?

i guess its my turn?  how the hell do you download this thing from the mega?  why isn't it compressed?  WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU

... i click the download as zip button, and it gets stuck at 75% and just sits there.  I'll give it 10 minutes.  this mega thing is horrible.  i mean dffd has crappy speed limiting, but this mega download hasn't even started yet and its already taken more time than dffd would have.  I HATE EVERYTHING NEW
« Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 06:02:24 pm by zazq »

Alpha Loves You

• Bay Watcher
  • I've marked a border
    • View Profile

Ok, I think I've managed to get it up on DFFD. Hopefully ::)
Link is: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=12892

Also there's nothing wrong with me, sorry :(
« Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 06:29:09 pm by Alpha Loves You »

zazq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Teyo Vutheni 127, the Simple Fort 2.

Spring…  Yawn, another great day to be a dwarf!  It sure is great to work for months and then drink for months and then sleep for months; WHAT ITS BEEN 2 YEARS!?  Sleep is amazing!  Like time travel!  Let’s explore this place and see what’s happened!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Looks like a second pasture was dug next to the turkeys.  The bees are all full up and ready for production too!  The farms look like they haven’t been used all season…  Well we’ll fix that!

Looks like the dining room got expanded and then sealed off due to werebears.  No wonder nobody uses the dining room anymore, what with the roaring and savaging of instant death 1 block away…  Food and drink piles look in good shape, and there’s a mystery room dug just to the east of the still and kitchen.  I wonder what that’s for…

The dormitory has been expanded, and there’s a finished goods stockpile next to the everything stockpile that also accepts finished goods… that’s useful.  The quantum stone stockpile seems to still be functioning.  AND LO, new rooms have been added beneath!

There’s a barracks with nothing in it on the left, a wastefully wood powered forge to the right, and yet another dormitory to the south.  Below that is some undesignated beds.  WHAT A BARRACKS?!  We have a military?  We do!  10 strapping young dwarves with a variety of weapons.  They aren’t training though, and i don’t think they have armor, but hey that’s something right?

Next layer (-13) has a tavern and workshop area, and a hallway into the dreaded and terrible caverns.  There’s some unused rooms under this, and the central stair just keeps going down and down, breeching probably the second and third cavern layers.  There doesn’t look like there’s anything stopping big nasties from just waltzing in from the caverns other than our unarmored, untrained military. 

I’ve got my work cut out for me.

Alpha Loves You

• Bay Watcher
  • I've marked a border
    • View Profile

The military are kitted out in iron chainmail, not perfect but It'll save them from a few GCS bites. They also really strong, most of them should have a dozen troglodyte kills. And one hammer dwarf is using a steel spear.
Also I deselected the hospital, so if you have an injuries on your hand, the hospital and a ton of soap is all next to the expanded dormitory. The lower rooms are for any new projects or just for the nobles.

zazq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

First task is to get everyone therapist’d.  I mean there’s dwarves with hunting and fishing enabled for crying out loud.  What are we, barbarians?  I’ve nicknamed many of our important dwarves as to not lose them.  We have Werebears 1 and 2, Chef Cookie, Carpenter Snow, Miners Bebop and Rockstead, Smith Dworkin, Farmers John and Jane, Leader Bonesaw, Mason Knob, and our military leader Commander Junk.  Our military now all has the custom job profession ‘2 Military’, and most of the other labors have been slapped onto our pile of 21 mooks.  (we also have 8 useless children)

I noticed a traction bench in the undesignated bed area layer -12, and decided that it’s trying to be a hospital.  We have some dwarves who’ve been wounded from their dreaded and terrible cavern escapades, so we need a medical bay.  It has been designated.  It looks like a bridge was being placed to close off the upper cavern entrance, but it turned out to be a retracting bridge of uselessness instead of a raising bridge of unbreachable tenacity.  It has been rebuilt and attached to a nearby lever.

An underground refuse and corpse stockpile has been set up in layer -1, with an atom smasher right there too incase thing gets to stinky.  Our first mead has been brewed!  OH YEAH MEAD!

OH NO FORGOTTEN BEAST NGOPEX!

Turns out there’s more than one entrance to the caverns, and he just charged right in and started eating dwarves.  Luckly, however, he was a pushover.  Our untrained unarmed military got him.  More effort will be put into sealing off the caverns.  3 mooks were killed in the attack.  Now there’s a troll in the fortress too…  I’ll seal off these dreaded and terrible caverns if it kills me.

On the first day of summer a human siege arrived.  Well, so long as they can’t get into the caverns, i can just ignore them.  So i will.  A bridge and lever have been installed on layer -83 to seal off the entrance the forgotten beast used.  There seems to be another way in just to the north though.  That one now has a bridge and lever on layer -80.  Everything in the caverns and surface has been forbidden.  Finally, i might have a chance to focus on what’s really important…

BEHOLD THE LIBRARY OF YELLING!  HOLDER OF ALL KNOWLEDGE AND DOMINATED BY THE MAD AND VINDICTIVE ZAZ QUELL, COMBAT EPISTEMOLOGIST!

The human siege left at some point when i wasn’t paying attention, and now the dwarven caravan has arrived.  In their esteem for our great fortress, they desire to elevate us to an official land of the realm.  I nominated one of the wearbears for promotion.  The dwarven outpost liaison appears to be a goblin named Iton Iridmeng.  I wonder what’s up with that.  Anyway, i bought the entire caravan for a handful of electrum scepters someone was kind enough to forge for me.  The junk stockpile will need to be expanded to hold it all.  Also, the dormitory has been expanded and Derpy Dev’ified. 

We now have a werebear for a baron.  He’s a bearon.  Get it?  GET IT?! BWAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!  Anyway… it took the rest of the winter to get all those trade goods back inside.  Dwarf Me hasn’t written any books yet, so we have nothing in our library except 100 blank quires.  I have high hopes for him.  The surface is sealed off, the caverns are sealed off, the food and drink supplies are ok, and we’re producing masterwork electrum goblets. 

GOOD LUCK!

SAVE: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=12893

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile

Gonna grab the save if that's ok.

Alpha Loves You

• Bay Watcher
  • I've marked a border
    • View Profile

Go for it, I'll take my turn after yours.

zazq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

>_> ---> (snow dwarf)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 19