Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18

Author Topic: Time Paradox Mafia: Game Over, Mafia Win  (Read 40499 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Time Paradox Mafia [9/9] Day 1; Days of Future Past
« Reply #120 on: August 03, 2017, 03:43:38 pm »

Extend
Oh great, you lynched Extend. Now we can't extend the day anymore. [/joke]
~~~
So... what are we going to use our extra time on? More RVS?
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • You got this. —Dad
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #121 on: August 03, 2017, 04:13:39 pm »

I vote to end the day.
Awesome With Autism

You are a kind and gentle spirit.. You are not the bad things you feel about yourself. —Mom

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 03, 2017, 04:22:36 pm »

Extend. I just spent the entire day taking family to the hospital so I'm not in the right mood to do any posts right now. Or today, possibly.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 03, 2017, 04:54:23 pm »

I vote to end the day.

You want the day to end while you have three votes on you? Surely you're smarter than that

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 03, 2017, 06:29:00 pm »

Votecount:
TheDarkStar
BlackHeartKabal
Tiruin (1): Roseheart
juicebox
Teneb (1): caz
Roseheart (3): Teneb, juicebox, FOU
FallacyOfUrist
roo
caz

Votes to extend: 6 (5 required) (juicebox, BHK, FOU, Tiruin, TDS, Teneb )

Day has been extended. It will end on Friday the 5th at 23:59 GMT.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 08:17:31 pm by Deus Asmoth »
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 03, 2017, 06:46:09 pm »

Mod: Is the vote count on Roseheart a mistake, or a mechanic(three people are voting her, only one vote shows in the in total box)?
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 03, 2017, 07:01:47 pm »

Extend
~~~

I'd prefer to use it on actual scumhunting, but unfortunately we don't have much to go on right now

Fallacy, why don't you try to generate some content to try get out of RVS?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 03, 2017, 07:05:29 pm »

Because there isn't much to generate content on. No base for building more content. Well...

Currently, Roseheart is being voted by 1 person in the total, even though three people(now two) were voting her in the last count. Assuming this isn't a mistake, what could this mean?

A powerful town role handicapped by post restrictions? A scum team with vote manipulation abilities to counteract the ease of bringing town back from the dead?

Though frankly, I'm leaning on the third option: A mistake, and noobish behavior.
Generic Arms Race.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 03, 2017, 07:31:52 pm »

Hi guys let's be time travellers. Didn't think I would actually get into this game, so this is pretty neat. I forget like half of you though, so excuse me :l

FallacyofUrist: Deal with them as they come I suppose.  Being semi-bastard I expect we'll come to the wrong conclusions and make some !!fun!! mistakes.

I wonder what happens if someone dies in the past though. If that person voted for someone which lead to a lynch... which then didn't happen due to the kill... would another person end up lynched instead? Does the timestream only 'change' each day/night phase? And what order are actions resolved in?

Same question for you, btw.

Roseheart: You work out that you can use an action that will cause a time paradox and eliminate someone you suspect to be scum, but it will also eliminate yourself. Do you do it?

it sounds like you wanted to say something more? care to share?
Or not it's cool.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 03, 2017, 07:49:56 pm »

Extend
~~~

I'd prefer to use it on actual scumhunting, but unfortunately we don't have much to go on right now

juicebox
Or not it's cool.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 03, 2017, 08:06:46 pm »

BHK-
BHK
Everybody else: Same question, actually. It's the question on all of our minds, really. How to deal with time shenanigans.
Ignore them. It's out of my hands, so I'll just work with everyone and let whatever screwed action resolution eventually, well, resolve itself.

Fallacy - Answer your own question?
Everybody else - I suspect that the majority of town are very strong power roles, and the mafia have time manipulation to account for this. What are your theories about the game?
Roseheart - Strawberry shakes are horrendous.
*looks at own role*
Power is relative :V [/attractingheat]

I theorize that since this is the first ever instance of this game happening, DA is making it heavy-light; this means that this is convoluted enough to be fun, but also simple enough to be fun. :P

This RVS seems pretty light in particular, to be coincidental.
Do you feel it is better for you to focus on actions or behavior, BHK?
I can garner a generalist idea in my view of how people behave and then guess what actions they'll take from that, I'm just not good at actually doing the guessing. Behavior, I suppose. You?

But a change in behavior doesn't always denote a change in alignment. How do you determine whether a change in their behavior is due to their alignment changing or due to some other factor?
If they don't change their behavior? I don't, unfortunately. If you're referring to alignment changing as conversion from town or mafia or TP to another party, a conversion mechanic is unlikely in this game, so I'd suppose that's irrelevant here.
Extend
~~~

juicebox
Reason?

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 03, 2017, 08:10:50 pm »

An initial review of the thread. I feel stuck. mostly because I can't be bothered to read read. I merely looked at the posts. everyone is focused on roseheart. it's the same mistake everyone makes on this site. they don't know it so they kill it. I wouldn't mind it if the next day was used to look at persons motives and reasons, but even then it feels like everyone resets as if the last day was a one off and it begins again the questions that lead nowhere. I am gonna vote juice box their blatant and significantly worse sin of demanding content without providing any. I am curious why Fallacy didn't say anything even with his post of posing a what now. It certainly does feel woe is us type post. but I am more interested in juicebox atm. If rose is gonna die today so be it. I will be hunting scum. anyone care to join me?
Or not it's cool.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 03, 2017, 08:17:22 pm »

juicebox

Why?

I asked you a question about your opening post. It seemed to me as if you wanted to say something more but didn't. Would you care to share what that was? If you're not going to answer I would like to know why. here is the post in question:

Hi guys let's be time travellers. Didn't think I would actually get into this game, so this is pretty neat. I forget like half of you though, so excuse me :l

FallacyofUrist: Deal with them as they come I suppose.  Being semi-bastard I expect we'll come to the wrong conclusions and make some !!fun!! mistakes.

I wonder what happens if someone dies in the past though. If that person voted for someone which lead to a lynch... which then didn't happen due to the kill... would another person end up lynched instead? Does the timestream only 'change' each day/night phase? And what order are actions resolved in?

Same question for you, btw.

Roseheart: You work out that you can use an action that will cause a time paradox and eliminate someone you suspect to be scum, but it will also eliminate yourself. Do you do it?
Or not it's cool.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 03, 2017, 08:17:47 pm »

Votecount corrected
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18