Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 203

Author Topic: Cabal: Wizard Open World Game  (Read 341732 times)

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
Re: Cabal: The Death of Magic
« Reply #75 on: April 27, 2017, 12:38:45 pm »

The cabal I'm in has two members and is currently waiting for a third potential member to reply...

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 27, 2017, 12:51:07 pm »

would said invisible mental illness with powers have an interest in the well-being of their home (me?)
if someone else who WAS a Servant came on by, would they be able to gain objectives / mana from the spirit in me?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 27, 2017, 12:59:20 pm »

So, Derm, after that clarification and all, do I have your trust again, and I can join FIST? Or should I look for another Cabal?
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 27, 2017, 01:01:39 pm »

Spawn at PM'd location, not part of a Cabal.

Determine what materials I need to make a sculpture. Is the list exact, or will multiple objects fit? Can I collect materials for more than one sculpture at once?
Communicate with my spirit, work out what it wants me to do first.

Spoiler: Moghorn (click to show/hide)
One wheel short of a wagon

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #79 on: April 27, 2017, 01:06:01 pm »

The cabal I'm in has two members and is currently waiting for a third potential member to reply...
Thats fine. I'm in no rush, just want to make sure everyone knows whats going on.

would said invisible mental illness with powers have an interest in the well-being of their home (me?)
if someone else who WAS a Servant came on by, would they be able to gain objectives / mana from the spirit in me?
Depends on the spirit, really. Its not gonna be demonic possession for SURE, but there's a chance.

And no, at least not unless he takes the spirit from you, does what it wants, and then gives you the mana from that action.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 27, 2017, 02:13:42 pm »

Why not.
Spoiler: Nina (click to show/hide)
Immediate insertion
note: I'm going all public, no cabal, random insertion. feel free to open my spoilers, they're just there for space-saving.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 02:17:36 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 27, 2017, 02:15:06 pm »

I've been commanded to join Adwarf and Derm's anime ass cabal.
Give me a little bit to crap something out.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 27, 2017, 03:49:45 pm »

Small question, what concrete advantages does it have to officially create a cabal as opposed to just gathering some lemmings together and calling yourselves the dumbest thing you can come up with? Except for getting a clubhouse free of charge if you're one of the early ones, I guess.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 27, 2017, 03:55:26 pm »

You get an OOC thread, for one.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 27, 2017, 05:32:38 pm »

« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 05:35:14 pm by Dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 27, 2017, 05:34:45 pm »

Spoiler: Giving you the FIST (click to show/hide)

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 27, 2017, 05:58:22 pm »

Err...Derm?
So, Derm, after that clarification and all, do I have your trust again, and I can join FIST? Or should I look for another Cabal?
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 27, 2017, 06:02:41 pm »

To be honest I am currently wishing I had limited the number of people to join. It's a madhouse with little coherence. Not looking for more at the moment.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 27, 2017, 06:15:57 pm »

To be honest I am currently wishing I had limited the number of people to join. It's a madhouse with little coherence. Not looking for more at the moment.
Yeah, we don't want everyone to just join the same Cabal- that wouldn't be (too) fun.

Spoiler: I CAST FIST (click to show/hide)

@Piecewise: When someone teaches someone else a Material, does the teacher forget it (the material)?

Reposted Character Sheet:
Spoiler: Prism (click to show/hide)
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 27, 2017, 06:27:26 pm »

((Character sheets are confidential, right? Not just actions?))
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 203