Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 111

Author Topic: Mong Kima - The Nation of Pearls (DF 0.47.05)  (Read 240310 times)

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mong Kima - The Nation of Pearls
« Reply #450 on: November 07, 2017, 10:17:56 am »

You can't give anything to a POW in this game, I think. You can strip them, but you can't assign inventory.

And the game doesn't currently track individual items or their effects on battle, which means every enemy will probably come with something. Including escapees/releases. So the main reason to release enemies is to give them back to their homeland so they can bring back more metal.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #451 on: November 07, 2017, 03:08:40 pm »

Well, there are ways we can go about it. We can simply keep a record of our PoW, with rough description and their names, strip them, send them home. So next time we catch them, we'd just compare the names of the new prisonners with our records. Altho catching them twice would be...unlikely, since we usually capture a few prisonners each battle, while our kills usually reach one hundred each single time. But we can do that for grunts, and execute the officers. This would sound like humane treatment to me.

I kinda don't want to relish in cruelty, even to goblins, because I want us to be better than them, and become I somewhat somehow still hope for peace one day. It's not about turning the other cheek so much as it is not to lose our humanity in the process.

Next update should come during the week, spring has been pretty uneventful all things considered, so to have you waiting, have a small picture of Idem, who is both Asin's daughter and Dengusa's big sister. Also the youngest fighter bearing a heroic name of the fort

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: November 07, 2017, 04:49:08 pm »

What page was Idems in-game description posted? I like comparing your art to their in-game descriptions for funsies.

Zefermcdwarfpants

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: November 07, 2017, 11:38:25 pm »

Speaking of legendary names do the siblings have legendary names
"Men! On my count!"
"Wait!" A waitress comes running out from the kitchen. "He is the new leader!"
"Why should we believe you?"
The waitress picks up the plate of waffles, and hands it to the man.
"The flag is in the waffles."
"Oh. That works then." Zefer becoming Leader of IHOP

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #454 on: November 07, 2017, 11:55:10 pm »

If my memory is good, at this point, only a handful have : Pathril, Idem, Mim and another axegirl by the name of Bidkŕ who I haven't investigated a lot. But since the requirement is "only" to kill 5 historical figures, everyone in the military is eventually getting one, I'm sure. When it happens I'll definitely tell you o/

What page was Idems in-game description posted? I like comparing your art to their in-game descriptions for funsies.

I don't think I ever had
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 12:03:04 am by Cathar »

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: November 08, 2017, 12:05:47 am »

Would you please post one then? Pretty please ???

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #456 on: November 08, 2017, 10:42:18 am »

Sure thing, here you go o/

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: November 08, 2017, 02:43:13 pm »

Wow she's sixteen and already an alcholic, sometimes just those small detail can smacxk me WHAM right in the face and remind me that growing up in a fort under nigh perpertual attack cannot be good for anyone's mental health. [Also your depiction of her is actually really good, she even appears to be wearing a material she loves] aside from the fact that she has catlike slit pupils because DF allows that as a human phenotype for some reason.

She sounds like an amazing warrior as well :o

Megaman_zx

• Bay Watcher
  • or megadorf.....megaelf?
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: November 08, 2017, 03:18:10 pm »

The Gluttonous Nun is  a legendary capybara-leather bound book. The written portion consists of an 18 page autobiography entitled The Gluttonous Nun, authored by Donu Radiushus. It concerns the human Priestess Donu Radiushus. The writing is overly excited, but otherwise quite bad. On the item is an image of a flower in wood.

Donu’s Diary,

23rd Opal 138,

Dear Diary,

War is BOOOOOORRRRRRIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNGGGGGG

Captain Thrathnu (Inferno) or as I like to call him, Captain Thratpin (Juggler)  ::) made us stay on “alert”. I’m only here because I got caught stealing food in the kitchen once, and now they think I need to lose weight. I was only taste testing Mate’s new recipe…. He just didn’t notice.

Zefer is really strong, so he should take my place in the squad. He probably likes it when he is given double duty. Speaking of, I need to be more careful. A few months ago Captain Thratpin said I have a “bad attitude” and doubled my “training” (more like torture). He even had my Dad over to talk about “respecting the temple of Ino” UUUUUUUGGGGGHHHHHH  :'( :'( :'(

I JUST WANT DELICOUS FOOD AND DRINKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!  :P

Sorry about that, I got distracted by my belly. I have to tell you about my first battle, it was really fun. It started when I was standing around with Zefer and Captain Thratpin. We didn’t even get to watch the battle, we just stood around in the barracks. EVENTUALLY we got word that a troll made its way into the barracks, and we had to deal with it. This is where things got really interesting. Zefer and the Captain went to deal with the troll, and left me alone. So I snuck into the tavern, and got to eat my first real lunch in FOREVER!!!! <3 <3 <3

They ration our food in the squad and it’s the WORST.  :'( We usually get the worst food in the fort, and when we do get good food, they give us the smallest portions. Needless to say, I took advantage of my time in the Tavern and enjoyed many of the spoils of war.

P.S. I snuck away to write this while everyone is busy hauling all the loot inside the fort. Instead of spending so much time working to make more armor, they should be working to throw me a party. I’m almost Twelve and a Half, and I think there should be a half-birthday party in my honor.

Hopefully I will get more snack time, and less drill time in the spring.  ;)

See you next time <3   <3   <3   <3   <3   <3

When Mate asks where all the food went

Edited: Added some emojis (let me know if it's too much)
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 04:30:01 pm by Megaman_zx »
Tales of the Third Age, 34.11 rp stories from Genesis Reborn

“Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place. And stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living.”

-Deadhouse Gates (Book 2 in the Malazan Book of the Fallen) by Steven Erikson

Zefermcdwarfpants

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: November 08, 2017, 06:15:27 pm »

The Gluttonous Nun is  a legendary capybara-leather bound book. The written portion consists of an 18 page autobiography entitled The Gluttonous Nun, authored by Donu Radiushus. It concerns the human Priestess Donu Radiushus. The writing is overly excited, but otherwise quite bad. On the item is an image of a flower in wood.

Donu’s Diary,

23rd Opal 138,

Dear Diary,

War is BOOOOOORRRRRRIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNGGGGGG

Captain Thrathnu (Inferno) or as I like to call him, Captain Thratpin (Juggler)  ::) made us stay on “alert”. I’m only here because I got caught stealing food in the kitchen once, and now they think I need to lose weight. I was only taste testing Mate’s new recipe…. He just didn’t notice.

Zefer is really strong, so he should take my place in the squad. He probably likes it when he is given double duty. Speaking of, I need to be more careful. A few months ago Captain Thratpin said I have a “bad attitude” and doubled my “training” (more like torture). He even had my Dad over to talk about “respecting the temple of Ino” UUUUUUUGGGGGHHHHHH  :'( :'( :'(

I JUST WANT DELICOUS FOOD AND DRINKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!  :P

Sorry about that, I got distracted by my belly. I have to tell you about my first battle, it was really fun. It started when I was standing around with Zefer and Captain Thratpin. We didn’t even get to watch the battle, we just stood around in the barracks. EVENTUALLY we got word that a troll made its way into the barracks, and we had to deal with it. This is where things got really interesting. Zefer and the Captain went to deal with the troll, and left me alone. So I snuck into the tavern, and got to eat my first real lunch in FOREVER!!!! <3 <3 <3

They ration our food in the squad and it’s the WORST.  :'( We usually get the worst food in the fort, and when we do get good food, they give us the smallest portions. Needless to say, I took advantage of my time in the Tavern and enjoyed many of the spoils of war.

P.S. I snuck away to write this while everyone is busy hauling all the loot inside the fort. Instead of spending so much time working to make more armor, they should be working to throw me a party. I’m almost Twelve and a Half, and I think there should be a half-birthday party in my honor.

Hopefully I will get more snack time, and less drill time in the spring.  ;)

See you next time <3   <3   <3   <3   <3   <3

When Mate asks where all the food went

Only the girliest for a twelve year old in war times
"Men! On my count!"

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: November 08, 2017, 07:17:27 pm »

It's official.  "Smileys" and "emoticons" are now all "emojis."

(P.S.: The Gluttonous Nun amuses.)

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #461 on: November 09, 2017, 05:41:44 am »

[...]

I’m almost Twelve and a Half, and I think there should be a half-birthday party in my honor.

Donu is now my favourite character :D
But I WILL make her lose weight. It's now a personal challenge. She has been oscillating between fat and very fat since half a year, but I swear I'll make her fit and pretty before she's 18.

Talking about that, the update is almost ready. Tonight or tomorrow at worst !

Zefermcdwarfpants

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: November 09, 2017, 11:03:10 am »

[...]

I’m almost Twelve and a Half, and I think there should be a half-birthday party in my honor.

Donu is now my favourite character :D
But I WILL make her lose weight. It's now a personal challenge. She has been oscillating between fat and very fat since half a year, but I swear I'll make her fit and pretty before she's 18.

Talking about that, the update is almost ready. Tonight or tomorrow at worst !
truth be told she looks to be a healthy weight whenever you illustrate her
"Men! On my count!"

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #463 on: November 10, 2017, 10:27:14 am »

Spring 139 was the occasion of two important events. The first, which I'll focus on here, was our first official contact with the elves of Wulemaapasi.

As he was going to chain a decoy capybara in the front of the fort, Mate spotted a small troop of the treefolks. Now, our cook was not militarily trained, but he had the right reflexes, and slowly backed down to the bridge, holding his animal between him and the people of the forest...so as when they released their arrows and subsequently closed on him, the animal took most of the blows. Mate was lightly injured, but he made it to the bridge in one piece.

The elves then split into two groups - some keep on closing on him, trying to surround him before he could come to safety, while the other... piled on the poor capybara and kicked him on the ground.

Friends of nature they say.

It's hard for me to describe the despise I have for elves. Everything they stand for seems petty and hypocritical to me. Even compared to goblins...at least the latter are straightforward. They want to kill and conquer and are open about it. The elves are worse than that. They frame their hatred and their utter pettiness as an ethic issue.

But they wanted to discuss ethics with this kind of logic, and it turned out we could follow the discussion there, for we definitely had an irresistible argument.

Watershield's undefeated military force.

Uquur and a young man, Ostri, crossed the bridge at the speed of sound, leaving mangled bodies in their trail. It was one of our fastest battle so far. Some of them managed to flee, we captured two of them alive, and the rest of them is now feeding the plants they worship.

We might have been under attack by Osme Stobűb for a very long time now, but we must not forget Watershield was funded with the express goal to fight against Wulemaapasi. In a sense, this is our first true victory.

The second event of this spring was our decision to pierce the aquifer. We need to drain that swamp. We need to access minerals if we want to expend our village fast, for wood is consumed faster than it can regrow, with three of our four industries - carpentry, glassmaking and smelting, being extremely voracious in terms of natural ressources.

Since Donu's training has been...rather unsuccessful so far, Thrathnu and I decided to give her some break, to have her man the pump and pierce the first layer of the aquifer.

This doesn't seems to have any significant effect on her weight tho, and we start being a bit concerned. But at least, the girl is doing her job.

Jalew, the miner (and incidently Zefer's and Ases' father), could at least prove his legendary skills useful. When summer came, significant progress has been made.

Watershield will be the first human city to pierce an aquifer in the world of Minbazkar, we'll see to it.

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: November 10, 2017, 01:14:36 pm »

Spring 139 was the occasion of two important events. The first, which I'll focus on here, was our first official contact with the elves of Wulemaapasi.

Wow, they showed up?  This is terrific!  I'm used to, you know, all those games where people say "ugh, I settled right next to the enemy in the hopes I'd see a siege, but I haven't been attacked once."

That speaks very well for continued storytelling at this fort.  Not one, but two enemy forces.  Might some diplomacy even happen someday?
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 111