Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 243

Author Topic: DFHack 50.13-r2.1  (Read 824632 times)

Rusty_knight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.43.05-r3.1
« Reply #480 on: December 06, 2017, 09:56:03 am »

Ancient code warning: https://gist.github.com/warmist/11218191 but it should work on any version (?)
I'm not very familiar with understanding scripts yet. What should it do?
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 10:01:15 am by Rusty_knight »
Crazy-ass weirdo beaver is my totem animal!

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: December 06, 2017, 10:33:06 am »

I've happened to see a couple of DFHack commands that might be what Rusty_knight wants: changelayer and changevein. You might want to take a look at those (I haven't actually tried to use them).

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: December 06, 2017, 10:48:57 am »

I think those only work on existing layers/veins, and don't add new ones.

It's worth noting that the 3dveins plugin essentially adds new veins, but takes care to ensure that their distribution roughly matches the existing distribution, so it's probably not that helpful in this case.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Rusty_knight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: December 06, 2017, 11:27:29 am »

I've happened to see a couple of DFHack commands that might be what Rusty_knight wants: changelayer and changevein. You might want to take a look at those (I haven't actually tried to use them).
Problem is these two commands aren't scripts, but plugins. Yes, they have source code, but it's in C++.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: December 06, 2017, 02:13:49 pm »

Problem is these two commands aren't scripts, but plugins. Yes, they have source code, but it's in C++.
I don't quite understand why plugin/vs script is an issue. If you're using them directly from the console there isn't much of a difference (if any). C(++) isn't that far removed from Lua that it should be impossible to translate the logic if you're trying to understand what it does to make your own code or script, although there are some gotchas, but all the data references are the same (slightly different syntax, but the same paths).

Rusty_knight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: December 06, 2017, 04:00:25 pm »

Got this very crude script working (in the sense that it isnt crashing or throwing errors):
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It has an unfortunate side effect of regenerating layer stone tiles (with a wrong tile type) alongside with ore, possibly leading to bugs.
Any ideas on how to limit it to regenerating only vein tiles?

I don't quite understand why plugin/vs script is an issue. If you're using them directly from the console there isn't much of a difference (if any). C(++) isn't that far removed from Lua that it should be impossible to translate the logic if you're trying to understand what it does to make your own code or script, although there are some gotchas, but all the data references are the same (slightly different syntax, but the same paths).
Me knowing syntax of neither C++ nor LUA is an issue. And not knowing inner workings of dfhack & the game too.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 04:07:10 pm by Rusty_knight »

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: December 06, 2017, 04:49:33 pm »

Not having dealt much with tile properties, I can't be sure, but it looks to me that the script checks if the tile is any mineral, rather than the mineral you're after. Thus, the innermost loop of refill_tile should probably check if the mineral that was in that tile is the one you want to restore and do nothing otherwise.
And yes, I guess two unfamiliar syntaxes confuses things more than one does.

Kruniac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: December 06, 2017, 08:39:19 pm »

Update this for the latest version.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: December 06, 2017, 10:59:42 pm »

Are you talking about 0.44.02? If so, that's not the way to go about asking that. We've been working on it fairly regularly since 0.44 came out. It's not an instantaneous process.

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: December 07, 2017, 03:47:42 am »

As lethosor said, they're working their butts off to update DFHack, but it's quite a lot of work (the pay is lousy, and abuse is poor sustenance). If you meant creation of a new thread I would expect that to happen when a somewhat stable DFHack becomes available.

Rusty_knight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: December 07, 2017, 05:06:59 am »

Regenvein v0.1c - added rudimentary check for tile types applicable to conversion.
!May cause pathfinding problems!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 06:49:47 am by Rusty_knight »

Kruniac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: December 07, 2017, 07:14:09 am »

As lethosor said, they're working their butts off to update DFHack, but it's quite a lot of work (the pay is lousy, and abuse is poor sustenance). If you meant creation of a new thread I would expect that to happen when a somewhat stable DFHack becomes available.

Yeah, I couldn't maintain this kind of software, I know that. Far too complex and far too little gained.

I just want my soundsense plugin working again.

zakarum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: December 07, 2017, 10:25:42 am »

Then wait Kruniac. It's already a free job, what they are doing. Have some patience. Go play something else in the meantime.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 12:12:09 pm by zakarum »

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.43.05-r3.1 | 0.44.02-alpha1 (dev)
« Reply #493 on: December 07, 2017, 05:56:46 pm »

Here's a prerelease for 0.44.02: https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/releases/tag/0.44.02-alpha1

I haven't gotten it to crash, but I also haven't tested very many tools either, so please report any issues you find.

Montieth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.43.05-r3.1 | 0.44.02-alpha1 (dev)
« Reply #494 on: December 07, 2017, 07:21:05 pm »

I've been doing other things for the past week, occasionally looking at the Bay12 forums to see if it's good.

Thank you terribly for the work you do on DF-Hack.

Downloading now and if I see anything that I think may be useful for you I'll report back.
*“Under the Mountain dark and tall The King has come unto his hall! His foe is dead, the Worm of Dread, And ever so his foes shall fall.
*The sword is sharp, the spear is long, The arrow swift, the Gate is strong; The heart is bold that looks on gold; The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.
*The dwarves of yore made mighty spells, While hammers fells like ringing bells In places deep, where dark things sleep, In hollow halls beneath the fells.
-from The Hobbit (Dwarves Battle Song)”
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 243