Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210 211 ... 243

Author Topic: DFHack 50.13-r2  (Read 820225 times)

myk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.47.05-r4
« Reply #3120 on: March 26, 2022, 09:10:01 am »

Done. Never used github before, hope I did that right.
That looks good. Thanks!

Su

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Angel Island Zone
« Reply #3121 on: March 28, 2022, 09:51:15 pm »

It would be super helpful if autonick listened for "autonick help" or "autonick -help" instead of just irreversibly running itself when you try to find out the details of what it does. Even erroring out on any argument would be an improvement.

as the author of autonick, i'd like to personally apologize for the inconvenience. it's fixed now.

doublestrafe

• Bay Watcher
  • [PONY_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3122 on: March 29, 2022, 04:43:34 am »

That is an amazing turnaround time and it's fascinating to see the review process on github. Thanks so much!

Silverwing235

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3123 on: March 30, 2022, 05:03:21 am »

The GUI wrapper for createitem throws an 'unrecognized command' when I poke at it - any help for that? Seems to very much not be working as intended, any how.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3124 on: March 30, 2022, 12:24:17 pm »

The GUI wrapper for createitem throws an 'unrecognized command' when I poke at it - any help for that? Seems to very much not be working as intended, any how.

gui/create-item? It's not actually a wrapper around createitem, it does its own thing; I made it as a sort of nethack-ish "wish" thing before it was renamed since it has similar functionality. Keep in mind the hyphen. What does the console look like when it says unrecognized command?

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3125 on: March 31, 2022, 01:57:46 am »

so there's a basic script
Code: [Select]
[DFHack]# create-items
Create first necessity items under the cursor.

a plugin
[DFHack]# createitem
Usage:
Syntax: createitem <item> <material> [count]

and a gui script
[DFHack]#  gui/create-item
gui/create-item: A unit needs to be selected to use gui/create-item.
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3126 on: March 31, 2022, 02:05:12 am »

Please give more details. What exact command are you running? What exact output are you getting?
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Su

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Angel Island Zone
« Reply #3127 on: April 01, 2022, 09:52:06 pm »

is there a way to only execute a command if a manager has been assigned?
i use

repeat -name autoShearCreature -time 14 -timeUnits days -command [ workorder ShearCreature ]

in my onMapLoad.init, but when starting a new fortress i get errors telling me to assign a manager first.

if it's not been done already, i can probably write a script to do it.

myk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3128 on: April 01, 2022, 11:05:32 pm »

It looks like it isn't that hard to determine if you have a manager assigned. This is how workorder itself does it: https://github.com/DFHack/scripts/blob/master/workorder.lua#L144

I'm a little surprised, though, that you'd rather silence the warning that you have no manager assigned. Isn't it a good indication that you've forgotten to assign a manager? Granted that you don't really *need* a manager until your fort reaches 20 citizens, but why put it off?

Su

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Angel Island Zone
« Reply #3129 on: April 02, 2022, 07:50:15 pm »

It looks like it isn't that hard to determine if you have a manager assigned. This is how workorder itself does it: https://github.com/DFHack/scripts/blob/master/workorder.lua#L144

I'm a little surprised, though, that you'd rather silence the warning that you have no manager assigned. Isn't it a good indication that you've forgotten to assign a manager? Granted that you don't really *need* a manager until your fort reaches 20 citizens, but why put it off?

not particularly in this case; i use the manager manually a lot, so forgetting to assign would be rather hard. but even if i were to assign a manager on the first frame possible, i still wouldn't be able to do so before the map loads - not without scripting, at least. but either way, optimising away that particular bit of gameplay would suck out some of the fun for me.

my use case is more working around the vanilla manager's inability to see how many creatures need shearing / milking: once i've assigned a manager i want those jobs to be added to the work orders, but until then it's not a priority, making the warning just an ugly distraction.

Silverwing235

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3130 on: April 03, 2022, 09:26:49 am »

Please give more details. What exact command are you running? What exact output are you getting?

With apologies also to
@Putnam, that was in fact a mistype; gui/createitem vs, as was intended, gui/create-item, which latter obviously gives:
gui/create-item: A unit needs to be selected to use gui/create-item.
  ...being currently in process of supplying a remedy for that.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3131 on: April 04, 2022, 03:30:58 pm »

you can use v to do it, or, if you're in adventure mode, the z menu works.

Heretic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3132 on: April 13, 2022, 05:25:59 am »

What is modern analogs of DwarfExplorer?
How can i get info about ingame structure i have access fur making lua script?

myk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3133 on: April 13, 2022, 08:51:03 am »

Is gui/gm-editor what you're looking for? https://docs.dfhack.org/en/stable/docs/_auto/gui.html#gui-gm-editor

There is also the DFHack/dt-structures repository for data structure information in xml format
https://github.com/DFHack/df-structures
« Last Edit: April 13, 2022, 09:12:47 am by myk »

Heretic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3134 on: April 13, 2022, 08:56:56 am »

Exactly. Found it myself already, but was about to search smoother alternatives.
Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210 211 ... 243