Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How fun is SPAMKINGDOM series?

Mind-bogglingly popular game series that you follow from early on and cannot stop, waiting for new installment like a drooling addict.
Long-runner soap opera you're too invested into to just stop watching it.
A fun little comic strip in the daily newspaper that's been around forever.
3/6
Who said it's fun? I didn't for sure.
I'm just waiting here for it to die horribly already so it will stop showing on my Unread Posts list.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 1087

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin IV of Methiant-Cydwyl!  (Read 750210 times)

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: King Yoe of Methiant!
« Reply #90 on: May 23, 2017, 04:24:41 pm »

A

Who the fuck does he think he is?
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 23, 2017, 05:06:30 pm »

Question:

Do the lands Salus Jr. wants include the Silver Mine?

A if yes
C if no

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 23, 2017, 05:08:28 pm »

Question:

Do the lands Salus Jr. wants include the Silver Mine?

A if yes
C if no
+1 I'll just change my vote to this.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 23, 2017, 05:28:12 pm »

It's on the opposite side of the country from where they are asking for.

At any rate.

C. You guys made your diplomatic instead of military bed, now you have to sleep in it.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 23, 2017, 10:12:23 pm »

Goodness gravy, Methiant is in Luathbas D: It's the same surrounded-by-grumpy-neighbors as before!
But we're prepared by centuries of guesswork and trial/error knowledge!
Also we have the Pantheon Remade Soldiers of the Alldivines standing with us \o/

C
Because we lose land. Okay. It's troubled anyway, we're a rebel state, and we need to build up and boost our economy and whatnot.
We'll gain much from this, boost our tiny land, and instead of always investing in the relative order of 'soldiers' and the like (replenishment, mercenaries, taking tiny hits to economy in 1 or 2 values that are minor but in the long run, extremely important), or we can discover the lost trove of Luathbas and modernize our armies, get our econ in gear, help our trade routes be better, and rise and be bigger than before.

We never grew big enough to challenge the big guns D:

I'd suggest we think in the long-run this time, and that's after several times of failed states due to big bullies. :P

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 23, 2017, 10:34:10 pm »

Goodness gravy, Methiant is in Luathbas D: It's the same surrounded-by-grumpy-neighbors as before!
But we're prepared by centuries of guesswork and trial/error knowledge!
Also we have the Pantheon Remade Soldiers of the Alldivines standing with us \o/

C
Because we lose land. Okay. It's troubled anyway, we're a rebel state, and we need to build up and boost our economy and whatnot.
We'll gain much from this, boost our tiny land, and instead of always investing in the relative order of 'soldiers' and the like (replenishment, mercenaries, taking tiny hits to economy in 1 or 2 values that are minor but in the long run, extremely important), or we can discover the lost trove of Luathbas and modernize our armies, get our econ in gear, help our trade routes be better, and rise and be bigger than before.

We never grew big enough to challenge the big guns D:

I'd suggest we think in the long-run this time, and that's after several times of failed states due to big bullies. :P

Yeah. I propose building a powerful confederacy of our neighbors rather than trying to tangle with them. Diplomacy suits us better than war.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 23, 2017, 11:34:32 pm »

You send him a reply in which you demand something equally valuable.

1077 AD, Mid-Spring

The dwarves emerge from their dungeon forge, carrying a large necklace; it is silver with small round pieces of black ore, most surely Sky Iron, some of the eyes of the necklace having ambers adorning them. The leader of the dwarves steps forward as his brethren keep the necklace in the hands.

"And here it is, human king, as promised, after 100 days we present you the necklace your asked for. It shall serve its wearer well, that we promise. Now, per the terms of our contract, we ask to be paid." You decide to...

A) Seize the necklace and throw the dwarves into dungeon!
B) Send for the Treasurer and pay the dwarves for their work.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 23, 2017, 11:37:46 pm »

B

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 23, 2017, 11:38:19 pm »

B
We've never found Elven trade and relations back in Tven, now that I recall :(

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 23, 2017, 11:45:49 pm »

B We gave them our word. Now we should honor it.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 23, 2017, 11:49:48 pm »

You call for the Treasurer so he can come and get the dwarves the proper amount of money. Later they leave with a wagonload of wealth while your wife clasps the dwarven artifact around your necklace.

One day later a message arrives from Lametania.

6*

King Salus IV promises to pay you a mountain of wealth in return for the Southern Territories. Additionaly, he offers the hand of his eldest daughter to you in marriage, as well as to provide troops for Methiant in case of war, but only once. There's also a possibility of him surrendering one of the two family artifacts - Murder Time, an obsidian-head mace with iron shaft, which strikes with such magickal force that even smallest of wound bleed heavily and give pain to the unfortunate victim.

You decide to...

A) Sell the Southern Territories in exchange for the girl, troops and money.
B) Sell the Southern Territories in exchange for the artifact weapon, Murder Time.
C) Attempt to squeeze all four from King of Lametania.
D) Refuse to sell Southern Territories, citing inadequate price for the land.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 23, 2017, 11:52:49 pm »

So, through the power of sixes, it's not a surrender; it's now a brideprice.  I think we can spin that to our own nobles.

A.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 23, 2017, 11:54:00 pm »

Do we practice polygamy?

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 24, 2017, 12:00:45 am »

A If we didn't before we should now.  :P Perhaps harem will finally get the chance it was denied in SPAMKINGDOM 2.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 24, 2017, 12:22:19 am »

A... Assuming there is at least some historical precedent for polygamy. I imagine we have the CHA to hold down two women.

Otherwise 'B'. Not the best deal, but it should at least make us useful in combat. King Salus IV is clearly a descendant of our previous character anyway, so I have no qualms about spoiling him a bit if need be.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 1087