Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How fun is SPAMKINGDOM series?

Mind-bogglingly popular game series that you follow from early on and cannot stop, waiting for new installment like a drooling addict.
Long-runner soap opera you're too invested into to just stop watching it.
A fun little comic strip in the daily newspaper that's been around forever.
3/6
Who said it's fun? I didn't for sure.
I'm just waiting here for it to die horribly already so it will stop showing on my Unread Posts list.

Pages: 1 ... 545 546 [547] 548 549 ... 1087

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin IV of Methiant-Cydwyl!  (Read 750255 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Cyl I of Methiant!
« Reply #8190 on: March 11, 2018, 05:06:29 pm »

You decide to send a proper delegation and proper set of words for Tetan to let him know what you think of his deal breakage.

1150 AD, Mid-Autumn

You receive word from the northeast; apparently, Parsians begun negotiations with Agaresians on behalf of King Cidric, as he has recently fallen ill with a fever.

Meanwhile, your diplomatic council got you a potential tie with Kingdom of Rufus; their king, Audian, is willing to give the hand of his daughter, third in the line to the throne of Rucus, to Eivan, your second-youngest son.

A) Aww yiss, that's my kinda deal!
B) Ehh, pass, Damdamians are only trouble.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8191 on: March 11, 2018, 05:24:35 pm »

A

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8192 on: March 11, 2018, 05:26:09 pm »

This is the nation that was able to repel 40k of the Kahn's riders. I'm not sure they would be too afriad of whatever we have left. Besides, if we honor our alliance, Cidric will have to honor it back when it is time to invade these fuckers.

You're not wrong, but I see a bit of a then—now situation. 1) This is the nation that lost their army repelling the Khan's riders, bought a dwarf army and lost that one too, and finally bought ours but is seriously not paying; and 2) the war in the north appears to be winding down (I thought so even before this recent news). Without our army around to project our power, Tetan plainly doesn't respect his given word. He had a chance to give a more thorough explanation of circumstances and repayment contingencies, and passed along nothing.

A
The worst that could happen is she converts the royal family to cult of Damed and then we become the Empire everyone loves to hate. Which only happens when we're pretty darn strong.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8193 on: March 11, 2018, 05:28:36 pm »

Wish we had the option to ask for the girl for ourselves, but I'll go with A.

Also, Cidric sick is interesting news. Are our grandkids by him old enough to take the throne if he dies? Or will our daughter have to do a regency thing?

This is the nation that was able to repel 40k of the Kahn's riders. I'm not sure they would be too afriad of whatever we have left. Besides, if we honor our alliance, Cidric will have to honor it back when it is time to invade these fuckers.

You're not wrong, but I see a bit of a then—now situation. 1) This is the nation that lost their army repelling the Khan's riders, bought a dwarf army and lost that one too, and finally bought ours but is seriously not paying; and 2) the war in the north appears to be winding down (I thought so even before this recent news). Without our army around to project our power, Tetan plainly doesn't respect his given word. He had a chance to give a more thorough explanation of circumstances and repayment contingencies, and passed along nothing.

...I think in addition to dwarf mercs, they bought dwarf supplies, so they might still have an equipment advantage over us.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8194 on: March 11, 2018, 05:29:32 pm »

A!

For all the shit we give the Damdamians they haven't really troubled us much for the most part and this seems like an acceptable way to build connections with them.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8195 on: March 11, 2018, 05:49:18 pm »

A

It looks like we're more concerned with going east right now rather then south...

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8196 on: March 11, 2018, 06:10:25 pm »

A
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8197 on: March 11, 2018, 06:53:46 pm »

A Hmm. I suppose it is better to try to flex our muscle in the area than to just let them consolidate back together. For once perhaps we shall be the big empire exporting our influence, culture, and religions rather than other way around. Because I really don't like the idea of us every becoming Damed worshipers. The fanciful races might cause us trouble from time to time but I rather enjoy the cool magic they bring with them.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 07:00:06 pm by Prophet »
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8198 on: March 11, 2018, 06:59:48 pm »

A Hmm. I suppose it is better to try to flex our muscle in the area than to just let them consolidate back together. For once perhaps we shall be the big empire exporting our influence, culture, and religions rather than other way around.

I was thinking along the same lines. In Lieu of the silver deal, we might ask Tetan to send us troops that we may use to snatch up that huge Damdamian kingdom to our South once things wrap up to the North. I think if we take the Damdamian lands south of us, Lamentia will be completely sorounded by Methiant, which means they will have to pay our passage tax to conduct any forigen busniess at all.

Where is Rufus on the map anyway? Might it be in position to help us attack any of our neighbors?

Arlos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8199 on: March 11, 2018, 07:00:31 pm »

B

Damdamians are indeed trouble

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8200 on: March 11, 2018, 07:03:55 pm »

I'm not sure if they're the same thing but a quick look at what I think was the last map shows a Margraviate or Rucus right under Lametania?
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8201 on: March 11, 2018, 07:08:13 pm »

I was thinking along the same lines. In Lieu of the silver deal, we might ask Tetan to send us troops that we may use to snatch up that huge Damdamian kingdom to our South once things wrap up to the North. I think if we take the Damdamian lands south of us, Lamentia will be completely sorounded by Methiant, which means they will have to pay our passage tax to conduct any forigen busniess at all.

Where is Rufus on the map anyway? Might it be in position to help us attack any of our neighbors?

Rufus is the Damdamian kingdom your talking about I'm pretty sure.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8202 on: March 11, 2018, 07:09:01 pm »

Oh. Whoops. I thought Margraviate was the name of that particular Kingdom. Lets not marry their daughter and go right to war with them then.

We know their leader, who is giving us a daughter, is ambitious. He gobbled up a bunch of other Damdamian territories, and the free duchies we didn't get. Hopefully we can meet him at the wedding. We may be better served using him to attack Tetan rather than the other way around. We also need funds, and he might be interesting in buying that troublesome Eval district off of us.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #8203 on: March 11, 2018, 08:38:40 pm »

A
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.
Pages: 1 ... 545 546 [547] 548 549 ... 1087