Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How fun is SPAMKINGDOM series?

Mind-bogglingly popular game series that you follow from early on and cannot stop, waiting for new installment like a drooling addict.
Long-runner soap opera you're too invested into to just stop watching it.
A fun little comic strip in the daily newspaper that's been around forever.
3/6
Who said it's fun? I didn't for sure.
I'm just waiting here for it to die horribly already so it will stop showing on my Unread Posts list.

Pages: 1 ... 567 568 [569] 570 571 ... 1087

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin IV of Methiant-Cydwyl!  (Read 745528 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Cyl I of Methiant!
« Reply #8520 on: March 19, 2018, 01:22:26 pm »

Makes sense - from this information I'd suggest our next edicts (after the Shadowranks which seem like an even wiser investment if there's no upkeep) be the House of Learning followed by killing the Recruitment Offices to keep our cash flow nice and proper.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8521 on: March 19, 2018, 01:24:51 pm »

Makes sense - from this information I'd suggest our next edicts (after the Shadowranks which seem like an even wiser investment if there's no upkeep) be the House of Learning followed by killing the Recruitment Offices to keep our cash flow nice and proper.

We just passed that codex that in theory makes recruitment harder. Killing recruitment offices at this point strikes me as a rather dumb idea.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8522 on: March 19, 2018, 01:30:14 pm »

Our Army value has nearly actually peaked unless we increase military funding (which we can't responsibly do before we increase our income, possibly through an opportunity that we can make more likely by instituting the House of Learning), so the Recruitment Offices are doing us barely any to no good and are just a drain on resources, and as such canceling them in maybe two years at most seems like good sense.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 01:31:54 pm by Harry Baldman »

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8523 on: March 19, 2018, 01:34:07 pm »

Our Army value has nearly actually peaked unless we increase military funding (which we can't responsibly do before we increase our income, possibly through an opportunity that we can make more likely by instituting the House of Learning), so the Recruitment Offices are doing us barely any to no good and are just a drain on resources, and as such canceling them in maybe two years at most seems like good sense.

But if we can the recruitment offices, and have to fight a major war, it could take a long time for our forces to recover.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8524 on: March 19, 2018, 01:36:53 pm »

Well, one thing is clear, if parsia tries shit, we can go REMOVE PARSIA!
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8525 on: March 19, 2018, 01:37:55 pm »

But if we can the recruitment offices, and have to fight a major war, it could take a long time for our forces to recover.

We can reinstate them literally any year we want, it's wasteful to keep them around if they're not helping us when we could instead do sensible peacetime spending.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #8526 on: March 19, 2018, 01:40:33 pm »

If you mean to cancel it while on the top and then return them after we plan a war it's ok, but it will be a waste of imperial authority (about 2, if we spend authority by revoking) that isn't coming very easily

I will highly prioritize to the settlement policy over the house of learning, house of learning will be a bonus and maybe a problem, settlement will give space for population to grow and mines to be found or fertile lands helping us, house of learning might give income and stuff, but will make people advocate for more rights

------------------------------------
we should have waged war and annexed koi and it's silver mines to us, now they have a fuckton of warhorses and the fight will get harder, maybe our spymaster can kill tetan I and we can press the son to pay their debts, or see their lands falling into chaos and we getting a grab on it
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8527 on: March 19, 2018, 01:44:31 pm »

we should have waged war and annexed koi and it's silver mines to us, now they have a fuckton of warhorses and the fight will get harder, maybe our spymaster can kill tetan I and we can press the son to pay their debts, or see their lands falling into chaos and we getting a grab on it

Waged war with our depleted military and low happiness, to say nothing of low Imperial Authority and two wars fought in the past half-decade, one of them a civil war? It would have been a guaranteed disaster if we even attempted it, let alone tried to follow through.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8528 on: March 19, 2018, 01:52:30 pm »

Royal House of Learning

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #8529 on: March 19, 2018, 01:57:52 pm »

You decide to establish the Shadowranks, to protect yourself and your family from assassins and other dangers.

1154 AD, Spring

There has been a disaster at the city of Luathbas! The Great Temple of the Pantheon, hosting a truly enormous gallery of statues of all Pantheon gods, old and new, has collapsed upon itself! Many prominent clerics, lowly acolytes and simple visitors has been killed. Preeliminary reports point to the rot of the wooden foundations that caused the majestic domed building to collapse.

A) What a terrible tragedy! I ought to assure the peoples of Luathbas that the Crown stands besides them with a finely-worded letter.
B) Such a grand monument cannot just lay in ruin! I will sponsor its reconstruction (hopefully with better foundations this time).
C) Well these accidents happen, I'm sure the Pantheonists will learn something from this disaster.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8530 on: March 19, 2018, 01:59:26 pm »

Ignore this line unless we are willing to spend
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 02:11:20 pm by Rockeater »
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8531 on: March 19, 2018, 01:59:53 pm »

A.  Thoughts and prayers.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8532 on: March 19, 2018, 02:00:09 pm »

B!

I forget if we built this one, and hopefully everyone else did too.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #8533 on: March 19, 2018, 02:01:25 pm »

I'm pretty sure you guys sponsored construction of Alldivine Chorus Amphitheatre, but not this ;v

Then again this game's going for 500+ pages, how does anyone remember all *that*?
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8534 on: March 19, 2018, 02:03:44 pm »

If it staff we do then B
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.
Pages: 1 ... 567 568 [569] 570 571 ... 1087