Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How fun is SPAMKINGDOM series?

Mind-bogglingly popular game series that you follow from early on and cannot stop, waiting for new installment like a drooling addict.
Long-runner soap opera you're too invested into to just stop watching it.
A fun little comic strip in the daily newspaper that's been around forever.
3/6
Who said it's fun? I didn't for sure.
I'm just waiting here for it to die horribly already so it will stop showing on my Unread Posts list.

Pages: 1 ... 691 692 [693] 694 695 ... 1087

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin IV of Methiant-Cydwyl!  (Read 745479 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Yoe III of Methiant!
« Reply #10380 on: April 24, 2018, 01:08:01 pm »

What is wrong with you people
Remind me never to appoint any of you as diplomats
C

Actually, on second thought. mightymushroom, Blood_Librarian, Baffler, crazyabe, would you be willing to vote B? I think we can all agree that A is a terrible idea and B would be better. If all the non-As get on the same boat we can at least tie it up for now. Hence B.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10381 on: April 24, 2018, 01:10:18 pm »

B
Anything but A.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10382 on: April 24, 2018, 01:17:38 pm »

How is A terrible?

Either we roll high, and we get to do what we want to Parsia.

Or we roll low. The kid is unhappy, but he is basically our prisoner and surrounded by our Shadowranks. I can see no real way for a low roll here to completely blow up in our face, so we can just debate the merits of C vs. D at that point.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #10383 on: April 24, 2018, 01:35:48 pm »

Yeah, remember, we hold all the cards here. There's no reason not to keep pushing.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10384 on: April 24, 2018, 01:38:23 pm »

You never hold all the cards, and the rest of the world is always watching.

I'd rather not pick up a negative trait for being the literal worst at diplomacy.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10385 on: April 24, 2018, 01:46:47 pm »

You never hold all the cards, and the rest of the world is always watching.

Parsia's Other Neighbors:

Gubta: Was just invaded by Parsia. Probably would not mind us treating Parsia harshly.
Cydwyl: Our kinsfolk and ally. Doubt they'd turn on us over this. If the scrolls this year show our economy is maxed, we can throw some money their way to make sure we are cool.
Damdamia: A Theocracy that does not partake in the worship of the eleven. They will not shed tears over the dangerous Zealot Manipur.
The Dworfs: They were selling shit to Parsia, so they could be a bit of a wild card, but I doubt they'd straight up invade us or anything over this.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10386 on: April 24, 2018, 01:58:44 pm »

I don't get what the big deal is, it's a deal that the dude who is negotiating with us WANTS to take, even if his honor means he can't. It got a bonus as a good deal on the roll. It doesn't seem like we're treating him harshly by pushing for it.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10387 on: April 24, 2018, 02:28:15 pm »

A We've pretty much have all of Parsia proper under our control right now anyway. From my point of view anything less than absorbing Parsia into the Empire is a mistake. As for rebels... I mean I'm pretty sure we will almost certainly end up warring with Parsia again in the future so I'd rather gain all of Parsia and deal with rebels than a well trained foreign army that's been preparing for years to fight us.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 02:35:42 pm by Prophet »
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #10388 on: April 24, 2018, 03:32:37 pm »

B
I am in great doubt

I would be okay with the

stay with whole parsia minus ceodwell (although splitting is better)

vassalage, adopt our laws, marry yourself or one of your kids with our own

tribute for protect and help

give us phataractsomething tech (what exactly is this?) and oliphaunt stuff

we give them something

maybe the older blackheart tech and let them figure the rest, or we pay for the tech (hey, as your lord we demand that you accept this amount of gold for teaching us this tech)
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10389 on: April 24, 2018, 04:03:35 pm »

Actually, on second thought. mightymushroom, Blood_Librarian, Baffler, crazyabe, would you be willing to vote B? I think we can all agree that A is a terrible idea and B would be better. If all the non-As get on the same boat we can at least tie it up for now. Hence B.

By my count as of this posting: 10 A, 7 B, 4 C

Since you addressed me directly, I'll say that the math might work but this has been up for a while now and I wouldn't be surprised if Haspen updates before I finish typing. I'll choose to leave my vote as it stands to represent my views; I've lost this struggle before. The conquest faction are consistent in their votes, I'll  give them that.

And actually, no: I don't care for B either. The difference between A & B is a slight matter of starting point for a roll of uncertain outcome. C is certain and beneficial to the Empire including both expansion, money, foreign goodwill, and religious tolerance/spreading to possibly get those priests off our case for once. I doubt I could be persuaded that any unknown would be better than the deal we already have with one pen stroke. Bird in the hand and all that.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10390 on: April 24, 2018, 04:27:26 pm »

I doubt I could be persuaded that any unknown would be better than the deal we already have with one pen stroke. Bird in the hand and all that.
Sure, C's better, but we don't have the votes, and at least with B we could conceivably roll for something that has a chance of being accepted. Of course, we'll have to fight to get the votes in for that over the RAH RAH SPLIT PARSIA IN HALF AND DEVOUR IT crowd, but I'd rather do that than force ourselves through another doomed roll that will at best probably just piss off the heretofore extremely compliant diplomat because some idiot thought "hey, worst case we throw him in the dungeon, what could possibly go wrong?".

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10391 on: April 24, 2018, 04:31:16 pm »

for what is worth, C would be good as well for me. But as B has more votes, I don't really want to switch right now.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10392 on: April 24, 2018, 04:42:58 pm »

but I'd rather do that than force ourselves through another doomed roll that will at best probably just piss off the heretofore extremely compliant diplomat because some idiot thought "hey, worst case we throw him in the dungeon, what could possibly go wrong?".

We have a +1 to the roll. Parsia's ability to fight back has been nearly completely neutralized. Parsia has few if any friends to avenge it. Their diplomat is totally at our mercy. If there was ever a safe time to ask "what could possibly go wrong," this is it. We need to end the war quickly before somebody takes advantage of our vulnerable condition, but I don't see how spending an extra day on a long shot to get what we want from this kid will make a difference.

That said, if A doesn't work this time, I'm leaning towards accepting his terms rather than throwing him into the dungeon at this point. We do need to end this quick.

Hotfire90

« Reply #10393 on: April 24, 2018, 05:11:29 pm »

The war is practically over already, our army has captured their capital and is occupying most of Parsia. We don't really have any enemies either, we're trading furs to Rucus and they're allied with Lametania, as for Eldrican, they still owe us silver and our heir Bjern is married to an Eldrican princess, none of our neighbours would have any interest in invading us.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #10394 on: April 24, 2018, 06:54:42 pm »

Agaresians will be our new neighboors

remember
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.
Pages: 1 ... 691 692 [693] 694 695 ... 1087