Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How fun is SPAMKINGDOM series?

Mind-bogglingly popular game series that you follow from early on and cannot stop, waiting for new installment like a drooling addict.
Long-runner soap opera you're too invested into to just stop watching it.
A fun little comic strip in the daily newspaper that's been around forever.
3/6
Who said it's fun? I didn't for sure.
I'm just waiting here for it to die horribly already so it will stop showing on my Unread Posts list.

Pages: 1 ... 832 833 [834] 835 836 ... 1087

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin IV of Methiant-Cydwyl!  (Read 750177 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: Empress Ruberta I of Methiant!
« Reply #12495 on: June 24, 2018, 12:50:38 pm »

How about we ask him to raise his step-daughter Rinilda in Cydwyl, and marry her off to his nobility when she comes of age in a few years? Nothing like marrying into an Empresses blood to get a bunch of troublemaking nobles to accept an Empress.

Otherwise, B.
I generally support this.

Although, Haspen, is there anything in Methiantese or Cydwyllian law or tradition that expressly forbids marrying Rinilda to her imperial half-brother? :P

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12496 on: June 24, 2018, 01:09:12 pm »

How about we ask him to raise his step-daughter Rinilda in Cydwyl, and marry her off to his nobility when she comes of age in a few years? Nothing like marrying into an Empresses blood to get a bunch of troublemaking nobles to accept an Empress.

Otherwise, B.
I generally support this.

Although, Haspen, is there anything in Methiantese or Cydwyllian law or tradition that expressly forbids marrying Rinilda to her imperial half-brother? :P

Why would we want to marry off Doge in-house? When the time comes, he should take a foreign bride to try and boost foreign relations like pretty much all his ancestors have done before him.

Also, Incest aside, Rinilda is nearly a decade older than him. He should marry somebody at the start of her childbearing years, to ensure maximum opportunity for heir production.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12497 on: June 24, 2018, 01:12:23 pm »

B.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12498 on: June 24, 2018, 01:58:10 pm »

Why would we want to marry off Doge in-house? When the time comes, he should take a foreign bride to try and boost foreign relations like pretty much all his ancestors have done before him.

Also, Incest aside, Rinilda is nearly a decade older than him. He should marry somebody at the start of her childbearing years, to ensure maximum opportunity for heir production.
To knit the dynasties together so that Doge has a better traditionalist claim to the throne. Ruberta is only Empress by virtue of marrying an Emperor and then killing him; that makes for a pretty shaky claim for the children of her second marriage.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #12499 on: June 24, 2018, 02:03:52 pm »

tempted to do D

can we give him our bracelet when negotiating? for a big bonus on charisma? if the bracelet give us +1 he can only roll 4-9

it's game changing bullshit right now

and all because of a drunkard
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12500 on: June 24, 2018, 02:10:35 pm »

To knit the dynasties together so that Doge has a better traditionalist claim to the throne. Ruberta is only Empress by virtue of marrying an Emperor and then killing him; that makes for a pretty shaky claim for the children of her second marriage.

You don't need a traditionalist claim to the throne of Methiant. We are not a traditionalist nation in that sense. We embrace the institution of Elective Succession, and can pretty much vote for anybody with any sort of claim to wear the crown. Ruberta isn't Empress because she killed her first husband. She is Empress because she was elected to the position afterwards, and nobody in Methiant has outwardly challenged our legitimacy since; In fact, she consistently has better happiness and authority scores than any leader of Methiant who came before her.

As for the throne of Cydwyl, Doge is the son of the King. If they are truly traditionalist, that should be enough.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #12501 on: June 24, 2018, 03:06:06 pm »

that makes for a pretty shaky claim for the children of her second marriage.

Cyl and Doge both trace their roots to the original Cyl, though.

You decide to ask for nothing. Cyl looks both surprised and impressed.

"I see. Do you wish to stay with me a while longer?"

A) "It is better I return home."
B) "Yes, I will stay some more."
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12502 on: June 24, 2018, 03:09:37 pm »

He's nice and all, but we do have an Empire waiting. *sigh*
A

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #12503 on: June 24, 2018, 03:11:51 pm »

If it wasn't for a murder attempt I would vote A

but B show courage and defiance, make a little joke about how we didn't know how exciting would be to just be an spectator of our husband doing his job
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12504 on: June 24, 2018, 03:14:14 pm »

B

If we leave now, after the assassination attempt, we are showing fear and weakness. We will not be driven out of town by some gunman with no aim.

Hotfire90

« Reply #12505 on: June 24, 2018, 03:15:09 pm »

B There won't be another assassination attempt.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12506 on: June 24, 2018, 03:18:12 pm »

B.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12507 on: June 24, 2018, 03:52:36 pm »

B

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12508 on: June 24, 2018, 06:41:39 pm »

Can we appreciate that we are a stone cold bad ass that just stared that fucker down as the throne exploded behind us?
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12509 on: June 24, 2018, 08:33:38 pm »

B

We will sit back down in the throne room and observe as we wanted to before.  We will not flinch from this.  That guy?  He was not worth our notice.
Pages: 1 ... 832 833 [834] 835 836 ... 1087