Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How fun is SPAMKINGDOM series?

Mind-bogglingly popular game series that you follow from early on and cannot stop, waiting for new installment like a drooling addict.
Long-runner soap opera you're too invested into to just stop watching it.
A fun little comic strip in the daily newspaper that's been around forever.
3/6
Who said it's fun? I didn't for sure.
I'm just waiting here for it to die horribly already so it will stop showing on my Unread Posts list.

Pages: 1 ... 957 958 [959] 960 961 ... 1087

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin IV of Methiant-Cydwyl!  (Read 750405 times)

Hotfire90

Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Yoe IV of Methiant!
« Reply #14370 on: August 30, 2018, 01:37:17 pm »

BB

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14371 on: August 30, 2018, 01:38:18 pm »

I suggest something more like a D: "Would you care for some extra money to help you expand those plantations then? I'm sure we can come to some kind of partial ownership agreement..."

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #14372 on: August 30, 2018, 01:39:13 pm »

I suggest something more like a D: "Would you care for some extra money to help you expand those plantations then? I'm sure we can come to some kind of partial ownership agreement..."

No. From both logical, political and especially logistical point of view, this is absurd.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14373 on: August 30, 2018, 01:42:21 pm »

I'm sure they would be fine with us giving them money to expand the plantations, but we just spent so much. Not to mention they would need to be stupid to give up their plantations considering how much money they likely make off of them, and it would be confusing logistically for us to have random plantations inside their land. It's the kind of thing only likely to happen where we are ready to integrate fully, and if we're ready to integrate we should just integrate.
BB
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14374 on: August 30, 2018, 01:42:39 pm »

BB why not.

[I don’t think methiant has the right temperature/soil for the spices maybe in a few regions of conquered parsia but I really think that even if we can grow them it’s just more economical to purchase it from Gupta because they have both the expertise and the right climate/soil.]
« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 01:48:04 pm by Basil ii »

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14375 on: August 30, 2018, 01:48:29 pm »

B A

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14376 on: August 30, 2018, 01:49:56 pm »

C, B
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14377 on: August 30, 2018, 01:53:37 pm »

CB

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14378 on: August 30, 2018, 01:59:41 pm »

BB

Edit: Changed vote. We just increased our population, so we should be able to sell more leaves. Even if we do not, we could sell the excess further west.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 03:37:40 pm by Weirdsound »

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #14379 on: August 30, 2018, 04:11:05 pm »

ba ba
bb bb bb bb
cb cb

You send in elements of the Shadowranks and the Army to help the city guards crack down on the lawlessness the spice trade incurs, and agree to accept more t'chai leaves from Sim Empire, too.

1196 AD, Late Summer

The crackdown on spice 'mafia' was successful. Some people unfortunately departed to the afterlife and several influential families (and people tied to them) got a little miffed, but otherwise the problem has been solved smoothly.

1196 AD, Autumn

2to4, 2to5, 1, 1to2

Glasswork brought some profits, and again Springwine sold within exceptations. There has been curious lowering of demand for t'chai and spices, which forced the Treasury to lower the proxy pricing of these wares. Even then, some profits were made.

A really busy day in audience room awaits you, Emperor! An official sent by the colony governors in the far north has come with report on the iron mines, a skilled artisan and jeweller is also here, asking for financial support, plus there's also a group of dwarven coinmasters who, on behalf of their High King, wish to indulge in some financial cooperation between the dwarven halls and Methiant Empire.

Who gets the priority?

A) The governors' envoy.
B) The artisan in need.
C) The businessdwarves.
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Hotfire90

« Reply #14380 on: August 30, 2018, 04:12:41 pm »

A

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #14381 on: August 30, 2018, 04:17:27 pm »

A

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14382 on: August 30, 2018, 04:25:12 pm »

A

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14383 on: August 30, 2018, 04:25:17 pm »

C

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #14384 on: August 30, 2018, 04:30:20 pm »

The envoy from the north is let in first.

The report he carries mentions that the iron mines are already exceeding all expectations; the quality of the ore turned out to be really high, and already the local furnaces are making weapon-grade cast iron and even steel alloys without much hassle.

The Treasurer approaches you with an idea.

"Emperor, while we could profit from selling of steel wares or weapons outside Methiant, I believe it would be better if we were to devote the iron mines to exclusively supply Methiantese Army. It could potentially lower the maintenace costs of our superior military by as much as a fourth or a fifth of what we pay today."

A) "I'm sure we can get more money from trading the steel away, to someone, somewhere."
B) "Less money spent on the Army means more money in the Treasury... I like the sound of that."
SigFlags!
Pages: 1 ... 957 958 [959] 960 961 ... 1087