Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 34

Author Topic: UK Snap Election Thread - Darth May  (Read 39460 times)

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: UK Snap Election Thread - Darth May
« Reply #75 on: June 08, 2017, 04:19:26 pm »

It'll be an especially hung parliament - the major non-tory paries together still don't have a majority.

Could we see the tories have to go in with the irish parties?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 08, 2017, 04:23:25 pm »

Also, to note, the Europe Politico live blog, whic matches what NJW said, there are 65 undeclared. It says 650, but I highly suspect that's a typo.

edit: OH, 650 is total number of seats and I guess that number just didn't get updated.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 08, 2017, 04:24:19 pm »

It'll be an especially hung parliament - the major non-tory paries together still don't have a majority.

Could we see the tories have to go in with the irish parties?
I'd just like to speak on the part of Sinn Fein a moment here.

"Piss off" - Sinn Fein, always.

Dunno about the other Irish parties though... I don't think it would be honest for any other party to jump into bed with the Tories, yet for Labour to get a majority coalition, they'd have to heap precarious alliance upon precarious alliance... and that's not counting the possibility that Lib Dems keep their campaign promises, in which case NO COALITION CAN OCCUR.

Jesus Christ if Farron is true to his word and the figures are near enough, there might be some pretty big changes round here...

One wheel short of a wagon

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 08, 2017, 04:26:48 pm »

Heh, not being able to form a new government seems a growing trend. First the Netherlands, now probably the UK. 2017, the year when Europe turned into Belgium.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 08, 2017, 04:27:11 pm »

And the pound has an appearance of smacking into a wall, ouch.

Heh, not being able to form a new government seems a growing trend. First the Netherlands, now probably the UK. 2017, the year when Europe turned into Belgium.

And the US seems to be having some trouble with our own. :P

edit: *Gets to wondering what the shortest tenure of a British PM ever was...*
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 04:34:30 pm by smjjames »

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 08, 2017, 04:36:49 pm »

Also, to note, the Europe Politico live blog, whic matches what NJW said, there are 65 undeclared. It says 650, but I highly suspect that's a typo.

edit: OH, 650 is total number of seats and I guess that number just didn't get updated.
The above figures are exit polls. Nobody should have declared the actual results, yet, although some may be very close to doing so, as I type this... (and retype it, with the tags correct, this time...)
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 04:38:26 pm by Starver »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 08, 2017, 04:42:41 pm »

The above figures are exit polls. Nobody should have declared the actual results, yet, although some may be very close to doing so, as I type this... (and retype it, with the tags correct, this time...)

Oh I see, my mistake then.

Also, Theresa May said that if Tories lose 6 or more seats, she'd resign, right now it looks like they'll lose over twice that.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 08, 2017, 04:44:46 pm »

Couldn't happen to a nicer woman.

So that's fine with me...

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 08, 2017, 04:48:03 pm »

[quote author=smjjames link=topic=164378.msg7479271#msg7479271

Also, Theresa May said that if Tories lose 6 or more seats, she'd resign, right now it looks like they'll lose over twice that.
[/quote]

Is there a source on that? I really want there to be a source on that.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 08, 2017, 04:50:47 pm »

I will +1 that.

Then again, I just want the two most recent Tory leaders to have resigned in shame because it's funny.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 08, 2017, 04:52:40 pm »

Quote from: smjjames link=topic=164378.msg7479271#msg7479271

Is there a source on that? I really want there to be a source on that.

Look no further than the blog post showing Theresa Mays own tweet. Sure, it sounds a heck of a lot like campaign rhetoric than an actual promise, but she's definetly going to eat her own words.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 08, 2017, 04:59:02 pm »

Loud Whispers must be feeling pretty unhappy at the result, his favourite seemingly Thatcher-like persona just got wrecked, and wrecked pretty hard, given the expectations. Folded horribly on her campaign, very unlike the Iron Lady.
._.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 08, 2017, 05:01:28 pm »

She hasn't been wrecked yet. As I said, there is such a thing as the Shy Tory Effect.

Presently the commentators are all "if the exit polls are right blah blah blah hung parliament oh my etc." so yeah, in a few hours, we can start talking about her failure in more solid words.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 08, 2017, 05:05:13 pm »

It still looks pretty bad regardless. Also, first results are coming in, Newcastle just declared not long ago.

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 08, 2017, 05:09:20 pm »

The labour swing is less than the exit polls expected.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 34