Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 37

Author Topic: (4X) Fiefdoms at War - OoC/Fluff thread  (Read 37024 times)

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (4X) Fiefdoms at War - OoC/Fluff thread
« Reply #60 on: June 29, 2017, 06:03:45 pm »

Question:  Is tech sharing a thing, or do we research tech independently?  Under what circumstances can we share tech, if so?
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 29, 2017, 06:11:15 pm »

Question:  Is tech sharing a thing, or do we research tech independently?  Under what circumstances can we share tech, if so?

Tech can be given to other players, either as a gift or part of a trade, at which point it'll be as if they discovered it themselves.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 29, 2017, 06:22:03 pm »

Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 29, 2017, 07:43:53 pm »

Hum...

Quote from: Mechanics
To found a religion one needs the Organised Religion tech (or any other religious tech).
Does this imply that you can skip the Organised Religion tech if you purchase another tech in that branch from a guy who researches it first, abet at the cost of not having shrines or priests? Or that there's other types of Religions other then "Organised". Could I have a "Disorganized" Religion?

Also wow, whoops. That warlock owned the region? Good thing he raided me or I would have left him to keep breeding those things for a bit... That could have gone poorly for me.

Edit: Also can I summon blights in the same turn as I purchase a warlock? How about if I promote a hero to a warlock? does the promotion take place in the turn it's purchased basically?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 10:00:58 pm by Criptfeind »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 29, 2017, 08:26:31 pm »

Well shit Iituem. Congrats on being the first person ever to crack open a high-value province ^^
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 29, 2017, 08:30:56 pm »

Yeah. Congrats. Hopefully that dedication paid off with a juicy income province. Tbh I don't think I'd have bothered, I probably would have just taken Troud from island hopping into the weak bit of it, but eyyy now you must got the big buco bucks.

Edit: By the way Kashyyk, what differentiates an industry building and an economic building? I mean, I know mechanically you can have as many economic buildings as you want, but why is forge counted as economic whereas something like Artists and Bakery are industry, and thus take up their own slots (even though they are slightly weaker then the forge, although to be fair they come with their own advantages)?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 08:38:22 pm by Criptfeind »

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 29, 2017, 09:45:47 pm »

I probably would have gone for weaker provinces first were it not for a) poor map-drawing with neighbouring states beforehand and b) unification!  The Principality of Pork must be whole!

Now I've just got to crack the Heavy Swordsmen, Longbowmen and my one captured Spearpig behind the walls in West Pork.  o_o

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 29, 2017, 11:12:36 pm »

The Principality of Pork must be whole!

Yes. No one must be allowed to eat your kin folk. Your delicious kin folk. Your delicious juicy succulent.... Kin folk. No one else must be allowed to eat them.

Also I think Kashyyk mentioned at some point captured units will be disbanded because of lack of funds, hopefully that's happened to your spearmen by now? Idk how long independents can run on negative though.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 30, 2017, 02:07:03 am »

Does this imply that you can skip the Organised Religion tech if you purchase another tech in that branch from a guy who researches it first, abet at the cost of not having shrines or priests? Or that there's other types of Religions other then "Organised". Could I have a "Disorganized" Religion?
Organised Religion is the base tech for the religion tree, but if you somehow acquire a tech further up the tree without the prerequisite, you can still found a religion, you just can't buy priests or shrines.

Edit: Also can I summon blights in the same turn as I purchase a warlock? How about if I promote a hero to a warlock? does the promotion take place in the turn it's purchased basically?
So long I add a warlock (or warlock hero) to your army list before I add the blight, then they may be bought in the same turn :P

Edit: By the way Kashyyk, what differentiates an industry building and an economic building? I mean, I know mechanically you can have as many economic buildings as you want, but why is forge counted as economic whereas something like Artists and Bakery are industry, and thus take up their own slots (even though they are slightly weaker then the forge, although to be fair they come with their own advantages)?
Industries are supposed to exploit resources if they exist and generally require a large amount of labour and infrastructure to function, whereas an economic building is supposed to double-down on an existing industry, but doesn't require much in the way of additional infrastructure to function. Now that I say (type?) it aloud I realise that Bakeries and Breweries fit that second criteria better. I'll move them over effective immediately.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 30, 2017, 03:32:36 am »

Just making sure, but priest can spread religion to neutral territories, right?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 30, 2017, 04:30:45 am »

Just making sure, but priest can spread religion to neutral territories, right?
Correct

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 30, 2017, 05:07:16 am »

Your refusal to pay the money “rightfully owed” does not go down well with the envoy. He informs you that you now officially owe the Old Empire £750  in back-tax, and an additional £150 per turn. If payment is not received promptly, he will be authorized to exercise the force necessary to recover the debt. Until such time as the debt is paid, there will be no chance of a working relationship, trade or otherwise. You suppose you should consider yourself officially warned.
Wow so stingy. ;~; I mean we're seriously a wilderness company and we OWE this already without any prior help.

Can we all rebel against the Empire as our main enemy? Like, please? :P

Well shit Iituem. Congrats on being the first person ever to crack open a high-value province ^^
Grats Iiteum c: Please don't backstab me.

Independent Forces
Heavy Swordsmen: 0 Intact, 1 Damaged, 0 Destroyed
Archers: 0 Intact, 0 Damaged, 1 Destroyed
Spearmen: 0 Intact, 4 Damaged, 0 Destroyed
The disappointment I feel is immense. u_u
You have FREE HEAVY SWORDSMEN, and +4 spearmen in the next turn.

I feel so :I at this luck, and feel bad. Maybe it's better if I was rolled over

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 30, 2017, 05:11:31 am »

Well a sea serpent was appeased somewhat in the north. That counts as being a rebel right?
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 30, 2017, 05:15:57 am »

Independent Forces
Heavy Swordsmen: 0 Intact, 1 Damaged, 0 Destroyed
Archers: 0 Intact, 0 Damaged, 1 Destroyed
Spearmen: 0 Intact, 4 Damaged, 0 Destroyed
The disappointment I feel is immense. u_u
You have FREE HEAVY SWORDSMEN, and +4 spearmen in the next turn.
I feel so :I at this luck, and feel bad. Maybe it's better if I was rolled over
Except that isn't how combat works at all. You only get damaged units if they are explicitly mentioned as being captured.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 30, 2017, 05:24:42 am »

Ruler's correct. Damaged, losing units are destroyed unless it is explicitly stated that they escaped or were captured. Different units have different chances for each of those, and technologies can affect it too.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 37