Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 37

Author Topic: (4X) Fiefdoms at War - OoC/Fluff thread  (Read 37036 times)

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (4X) Fiefdoms at War - OoC/Fluff thread
« Reply #75 on: June 30, 2017, 05:50:52 am »

Things are heating up. Man I wish I was in this. You're all doing pretty well so far!

Can't wait to see what the events reveal.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 30, 2017, 06:15:48 am »

Kashyyk, when it says that Heavy Cavalry requires stables, that means I can only upgrade Light Cavalry to them when the Light Cavalry are in a province with stables?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 30, 2017, 06:25:09 am »

Ruler's correct. Damaged, losing units are destroyed unless it is explicitly stated that they escaped or were captured. Different units have different chances for each of those, and technologies can affect it too.
._. I've always had that impression since ever, oops! Thank you both. :)

Also to clarify, my D: feelings were more at 'wow RNG, why can't I take over this orange region ;~;' rather than at anyone/thing.

Just making sure, but priest can spread religion to neutral territories, right?
Correct
Can we characterize our religion and does that have an effect if we customize it? :P

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 30, 2017, 06:36:15 am »

Kashyyk, when it says that Heavy Cavalry requires stables, that means I can only upgrade Light Cavalry to them when the Light Cavalry are in a province with stables?
Correct.

Can we characterize our religion and does that have an effect if we customize it? :P
At the very least you'll need a name. More fluff is welcome. With research you'll be able to do more with your religion and that can be inspired by the fluff you provide.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 30, 2017, 07:30:50 am »

Kashyyk, whenever you make a spoiler post about new technologies--that means for everyone in play?

Also may I know which color is who? I'm confused now on who is whom. x.x

Your refusal to pay the money “rightfully owed” does not go down well with the envoy. He informs you that you now officially owe the Old Empire £750  in back-tax, and an additional £150 per turn. If payment is not received promptly, he will be authorized to exercise the force necessary to recover the debt. Until such time as the debt is paid, there will be no chance of a working relationship, trade or otherwise. You suppose you should consider yourself officially warned.
Wow so stingy. ;~; I mean we're seriously a wilderness company and we OWE this already without any prior help.
Also after computing all my turns until now, I think I rolled a secret '1' on actually doing anything and ended up getting taxed annoyingly more.
Good lord this is overkill. I mean I can pay it NOW as I have 783 money, but x.x
I feel like I'm a bad luck sponge for everyone else here. :P

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 30, 2017, 07:34:06 am »

Tir, check your letters.  There's maybe money in it.  >_>

And yeah, I didn't get a single one of those troops, even the spearpigs I lost to them on my scouting run.  C'est la vie!
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 30, 2017, 07:36:50 am »

Kashyyk, whenever you make a spoiler post about new technologies--that means for everyone in play?
The existence of the technology and its effects become public knowledge, but you'll need to acquire it somehow to actually have it. It can be done through trade, conquest or research. I figured this way would be easier than me keeping technologies hidden from the players who don't have it until it enters the public domain.

Also may I know which color is who? I'm confused now on who is whom. x.x
I'll add a key to the map when I do the next turn.

Also after computing all my turns until now, I think I rolled a secret '1' on actually doing anything and ended up getting taxed annoyingly more.
Good lord this is overkill. I mean I can pay it NOW as I have 783 money, but x.x
I feel like I'm a bad luck sponge for everyone else here. :P
You rolled pretty badly. Most people also threw money at the problem in some way as well.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 30, 2017, 07:44:00 am »

You rolled pretty badly. Most people also threw money at the problem in some way as well.
Well x.x I guess there's only one choice. I pay it now and then be neutrally okay with them because of how bad the situations are, relying on my neighbors not to crush my puny army and forces that can't even take over orange regions, and wallow until my caravans hit people (and hopefully not get pillaged rudely).

Tir, check your letters.  There's maybe money in it.  >_>

And yeah, I didn't get a single one of those troops, even the spearpigs I lost to them on my scouting run.  C'est la vie!
Shoot sorry! :-[ It's my combination of being sick (and missing important review days for my board exam this October), and my tiredness making me miss things. Also bad internet connectivity but :O

@_@
;~;
I haven't even spent money on tech because of all this neutral forces blocking me. AND now the Empire!
HUM! <_<

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 30, 2017, 07:53:00 am »

Perhaps you should read through the old Fiefdoms at War, in order to acquire ideas as to how to develop. You don't -have- to pay taxes to the Empire this turn. You likely have ~3 turns to plan. So.

What do you need?
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 08:00:24 am by Terenos »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 30, 2017, 07:57:34 am »

Perhaps you should read through the old Fiefdoms at War, in order to acquire ideas as to how to develop. You don't -have- to pay taxes to the Empire this turn. You likely have ~3 turns to plan. So.
150 additional per turn is a lot more than 10% of my income :-\
Also me wondering what techs (sans those that were posted in Turn 5) is available at all; the only mention of them is through your nice spoiler :P

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 30, 2017, 07:59:24 am »

The few technologies I have listed are hidden, the idea is that a player would suggest the kind of thing they want to get and I will price it as a technology.

If you're unsure of how much spending is enough for research, I will remind you of how I make the research roll:

The amount you spend will be divided by 1000 and then multiplied by the base difficulty for the technology to get your target. You will need to roll under that number with a one hundred sided dice to succeed. There have been people spending multiple hundred per turn on tier 1 and 2 techs and not making the roll.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 08:03:28 am by Kashyyk »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 30, 2017, 08:03:03 am »

The few technologies I have listed are hidden, the idea is that a player would suggest the kind of thing they want to get and I will price it as a technology.
Hum @_@

> Basic Healing for Troops when not in battle and in friendly (own or allied), technology.
> Attack/Defense increase for troops, technology.
> Knowledge of that effectivity triangle, technology. [The one you said one is better vs this type of troop]
> Reduction of Hero cost, technology.
> Increase of Caravan first-time money bonus, technology.
> Anti-Empire troops, base technology. Not because they annoyed me into rebellion nope

:D ?

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 30, 2017, 08:04:14 am »

Also, and this really bears repeating as frequently as possible.

Do NOT slow roll research. If you put in $100, and you get nothing, you did nothing. That 100 doesnt even increase the tech cap. You want to make progress? Drop $500, or spend your money elsewhere.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 30, 2017, 08:08:07 am »

Also, and this really bears repeating as frequently as possible.

Do NOT slow roll research. If you put in $100, and you get nothing, you did nothing. That 100 doesnt even increase the tech cap. You want to make progress? Drop $500, or spend your money elsewhere.
Yep! I just noticed that :x thanks for the nudge.
Now for that matter...do we know what Tech the Empire has?

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 30, 2017, 08:09:40 am »

I would assume everything that existed at game start. Maybe everything but chaos magic too.
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 37