Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 37

Author Topic: (4X) Fiefdoms at War - OoC/Fluff thread  (Read 37025 times)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: (4X) Fiefdoms at War - OoC/Fluff thread
« Reply #195 on: July 09, 2017, 04:35:42 pm »

Yes, something like those are very possible.  :)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 09, 2017, 04:49:10 pm »

Anyone want to start a list of people interested in trading with everyone? Maybe with some RP fluff, which I don't feel like writing right now.

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 09, 2017, 04:52:16 pm »

I'm happy to trade with everyone.
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 09, 2017, 05:02:08 pm »

Who wouldn't be happy to trade with everyone?

I don't know how it's possible that between three people owldale hasn't been conquered yet. But now that mystical bullshit is threatening it I assume that either it'll be under control soon, or maybe all my neighbors will die and I'll have to take care of it myself. Add in Storm Empire and the northerns once these caravans get into place, and we'll have a 7 person trade block over the next few turns.

Looks like the four easterners are about to get together over the next couple of turns. So all we need now is for Orange to connect up, and then to connect the two blocks.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 05:07:15 pm by Criptfeind »

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 09, 2017, 05:05:03 pm »

I will be happy to trade with anyone (for the moment) so long as pork products never cross my borders.  That's diplomatic insult casus belli stuff, right there.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: July 09, 2017, 05:08:59 pm »

Beef okay?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 09, 2017, 05:09:43 pm »

Oh, right, I'd like to trade with everyone.

Now hiring pork smugglers.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 09, 2017, 05:10:06 pm »

Beef is extremely okay.  The citizens of Pork love beef, mutton, manflesh and orcflesh.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 09, 2017, 05:13:31 pm »

My people will happily eat just about any meat, but we do prefer it to be fresh and or cooked.
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 09, 2017, 05:15:53 pm »

So I guess they are the darkest dungeon style pigs then?

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 09, 2017, 05:21:01 pm »

They breed quickly, down there in the dark. But perhaps we can slay them even faster.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: July 09, 2017, 05:27:29 pm »

What happens when they take over a territory with the swine/pigs resource?
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: July 09, 2017, 05:29:14 pm »

0 * 1.05 = 0.

Pillage the province down to the bedrock and the pigs are free.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 09, 2017, 06:56:14 pm »

I don't know how it's possible that between three people owldale hasn't been conquered yet. But now that mystical bullshit is threatening it I assume that either it'll be under control soon, or maybe all my neighbors will die and I'll have to take care of it myself. Add in Storm Empire and the northerns once these caravans get into place, and we'll have a 7 person trade block over the next few turns.

Looks like the four easterners are about to get together over the next couple of turns. So all we need now is for Orange to connect up, and then to connect the two blocks.

Purely because someone has been dragging their feet about taking it.  I could have taken it three turns ago if it wasn't for a treaty I made back on turn 1.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: July 10, 2017, 12:23:09 am »

A hero can take multiple promotions,  but each one only once.  They each havetwo sets of attack and defence sets,  one used for duels and the other for leading forces. A hero cannot face a military unit alone. If he is ever forced to the hero will immediately lose the combat and make an escape roll like any other defeated unit. It is very unlikely for a hero to be killed this way.
So there are only two aspects to it then?
1. Duels, as in hero-on-hero, when only in combat with armies, and
2. Purely leading other forces, directly specific to what army they're tied with.
And 3(?): When people RP heroes to fight for honorable combat, because this game is flexible and isn't so rigid like those games where your wishes aren't possible at times :P
Or 4: when you actually MEET an event that lets you attack enemy units personally with a hero?

I do imagine us meeting events in the future wherein our army just soaks damage, but the hero is the main proponent to killing mythical beasties. If the army 'dies', the hero 'loses' and has to roll to retreat or ded ._.

Anyone want to start a list of people interested in trading with everyone? Maybe with some RP fluff, which I don't feel like writing right now.
Literally everyone :P
Also just to boop everyone in public--I'm sending ALL MY TROOPS to check out S Owldale [which means, like, 3 armies -_-]
So if anyone can help (and not push us to the front to die :P), please do.
Or if that soever happens, capture it in my name? .-.;

Like, please?

The Empire are jerks and I'd love to trade with EVERYONE to go against them!

Purely because someone has been dragging their feet about taking it.  I could have taken it three turns ago if it wasn't for a treaty I made back on turn 1.
Sorry ._.
Even if it's not me being referred to. Apologies!

So it's known that you can trade directly WITH:
> Your trade partner
> Any of their partners too (when you wrote a 'yes' to this, Kashyyk, do you mean you can just announce "I trade with them" and a trade route opens next turn?)

So anyone up with fuelling a person to connect everyone on one side, to then connect with someone on the other, with the Empire being a big blob of purple in the middle? :P

This feels just like the fall of Rome! :D
Also in all seriousness, if WEIRD STUFF is seen in S Owldale, I'ma send the Empire direct (probably best preserved) proof of it, so I can shove it down theirs about them being jerks.
...Please if ever anyone is helping out, let this happen? x.x If anyone helps and doesn't just get my folks killed, you get a tech for free \o/
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 12:28:58 am by Tiruin »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 37