Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 37

Author Topic: (4X) Fiefdoms at War - OoC/Fluff thread  (Read 37046 times)

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
Re: (4X) Fiefdoms at War - OoC/Fluff thread
« Reply #210 on: July 10, 2017, 12:34:42 am »

I am open to any trade routes or not trade routes, as long as it brings me money.
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: July 10, 2017, 04:20:12 am »

Also in all seriousness, if WEIRD STUFF is seen in S Owldale, I'ma send the Empire direct (probably best preserved) proof of it, so I can shove it down theirs about them being jerks.
...Please if ever anyone is helping out, let this happen? x.x If anyone helps and doesn't just get my folks killed, you get a tech for free \o/

Then you should answer your post, or my green-value province destroying doom army is going to sit put in my capital and build roads.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: July 10, 2017, 09:11:26 am »

She did post on the main thread a letter to us that she's going to be attacking it and hopes for help. So. Hopefully between you two you'll have enough if you work together. At least... I think that's what it means. "Soon" Is sorta vague.

On the other hand if you have a "green destroying army" that didn't get destroyed by the green that you managed to take, you should be able to handle it yourself, right?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 09:16:18 am by Criptfeind »

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: July 10, 2017, 10:19:40 am »

I... completely missed that.  My apologies.  I saw 'Novatechs and Tieflings' and missed the first bit.  Editing turn...
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: July 13, 2017, 03:38:10 am »

Spoiler: To the Bannerlands (click to show/hide)

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: July 13, 2017, 07:37:52 am »

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: July 13, 2017, 03:34:58 pm »

Spoiler: To the Bannerlands (click to show/hide)

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: July 15, 2017, 01:55:54 pm »

Curious events in Owldale, it would seem.  Speaking of which, I believe you said something about a free Tech, Tir?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: July 15, 2017, 02:06:34 pm »

Woo hoo. A new turn. Should the tannery not be an economic building as well?

Here's a message to your Iituem.

A small wagon, made of crudely hewn green wood painted in garish colors and covered in strange symbols is pulled into Central pork by a pair of cattle. It's driven by a stern looking human who seems to pay more attention to the cattle and the road then anyone around the caravan. Sitting on a higher chair behind him is a rather plump tiefling woman, surveying the strange and exotic sights with curious eyes. Trundling along behind the caravan with their eyes downcast are several slave beasts.

Edit: Kashyyk. We need trade route to send money. Do we need trade route to send tech? Or can we do that without trade route?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 02:09:15 pm by Criptfeind »

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: July 15, 2017, 02:23:44 pm »

Woo hoo. A new turn. Should the tannery not be an economic building as well?
Yes it should, I'll fix that in a mo.

Edit: Kashyyk. We need trade route to send money. Do we need trade route to send tech? Or can we do that without trade route?
You need a trade route to send anything that isn't a letter. If we somehow get into the situation of the sender and recipient being indirectly connected via one or more nation's trade routes, then you will be able to transfer money/tech/etc, but you risk any intervening nation intercepting the transfer. If this occurs all you will be told is that the courier never arrived.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: July 15, 2017, 04:55:51 pm »

So just to confirm, we need a trade route up and running to send technologies?

Edit:  Is my cash total correct?  It looks like that's last turn's cash total, since I saved money on Turn 6.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 04:58:59 pm by Iituem »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: July 15, 2017, 04:59:20 pm »

Ah. In that case... Scratch out the bizarre half offer at the end of my message.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: July 15, 2017, 05:10:50 pm »

So just to confirm, we need a trade route up and running to send technologies?
Yes. Either a direct one, or you both trading with Tiruin and her willing to act as a go between.

Edit:  Is my cash total correct?  It looks like that's last turn's cash total, since I saved money on Turn 6.
I flubbed your finances I'm afraid. Should be correct now.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: July 15, 2017, 05:15:31 pm »

In which case I'll set up trade routes with the Alliance this turn and if she's up for it Tir can play broker next turn between us.  Tired now, but will do Fluff in the morning for trade routes etc.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: July 15, 2017, 05:17:18 pm »

You need a trade route to send anything that isn't a letter. If we somehow get into the situation of the sender and recipient being indirectly connected via one or more nation's trade routes, then you will be able to transfer money/tech/etc, but you risk any intervening nation intercepting the transfer. If this occurs all you will be told is that the courier never arrived.
How does that work? Does sending money/tech through several people take several turns, just one extra turn with anyone being able to steal it, is it tentatively given with the possibility of it being taken away?
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 37