Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 33

Author Topic: Disasteroid [IC] (Mission 2)  (Read 55515 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Disasteroid [IC] (Mission 1)
« Reply #75 on: July 18, 2017, 10:26:45 pm »

I'm just watching the grounds, making sure any potential hostiles don't catch us by surprise.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 18, 2017, 10:30:04 pm »

"yeah, well this mission is probably FUBAR then, since two of us are already incapable of even walking and the rest of us arn't good for combat situations.
Also, if you force us to go out again, chances are we will be slaughtered and your bosses won't get their return on investment. I hope you got a better plan than I had."
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 18, 2017, 11:45:56 pm »

Expand my cane into a chair and sit down in it.

"So exactly what happened? I wasn't paying much attention. You lot walked out and the ground attacked? If thats so, I might be able to float you out with this alien whatsit and let you quickly scoop some of this garbage up into a jar."

You extend your cane out into a stool, and sit on it.

"Everybody hear what INVICTUS here is sayin'? You all should be focusing less on complaining, more on exploring!"

I'm just watching the grounds, making sure any potential hostiles don't catch us by surprise.

Locked, loaded, and ready to kill!

"yeah, well this mission is probably FUBAR then, since two of us are already incapable of even walking and the rest of us arn't good for combat situations.
Also, if you force us to go out again, chances are we will be slaughtered and your bosses won't get their return on investment. I hope you got a better plan than I had."

"Son, I've hear that argument more times than I care to keep track of, and it doesn't work on me anymore. You agreed to this when you took a loan out from the Marsarin Banking Corporation. Deal with it."
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 19, 2017, 07:50:20 am »

Juniper waits for feeling to return to her legs. Failing that, she attempts a very minor shock to them.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 19, 2017, 09:03:29 am »

"These missions are FUBAR to begin with... we're going to have to move out sooner or later, though."
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 19, 2017, 11:07:49 am »

Juniper waits for feeling to return to her legs. Failing that, she attempts a very minor shock to them.

After waiting for a short while, you legs start tingling as though they are waking up.

[Endurance: 6-2]

Oh god, that really smarts.

"These missions are FUBAR to begin with... we're going to have to move out sooner or later, though."

"Eyup."
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 19, 2017, 01:09:53 pm »

"Well, if a couple of us with armor walk ahead and everyone with guns is ready to shoot anything that pokes up, we can mitigate damage done. Me, Darwin, Doc Harrison, and INVICTUS are in the runnings to be the ones to go ahead since our armor should at least make us recoverable in the event we get mutilated. "
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 01:14:39 pm by Rautherdir »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 19, 2017, 01:43:11 pm »

Try to stand.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #83 on: July 19, 2017, 07:01:20 pm »

"So you just want samples of this crap or do you want it dead? Or both?"

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 20, 2017, 12:57:30 pm »

"Well, if a couple of us with armor walk ahead and everyone with guns is ready to shoot anything that pokes up, we can mitigate damage done. Me, Darwin, Doc Harrison, and INVICTUS are in the runnings to be the ones to go ahead since our armor should at least make us recoverable in the event we get mutilated. "

"Less talking, more doing!" That's the power of the home depot!

Try to stand.

[Endurance: 8-2]

You stand up for a second, but then your legs become wobbly and you fall to your knees. Still, that's some progress!

"So you just want samples of this crap or do you want it dead? Or both?"

"Both, preferably."

Everyone:

A loud CLANG reverberates throughout the shuttle, as though something hit it in the side.

"Hmm. That doesn't sound good."

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 20, 2017, 01:01:37 pm »

"yeah, let me check that out.."
drone scout time!
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 20, 2017, 01:06:15 pm »

Try again.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 20, 2017, 01:26:32 pm »

Be ready to shoot whatever's attacking us when it shows its face.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 20, 2017, 01:27:50 pm »

Be ready to stay behind the other soldiers and run like mad if the shuttle's breached.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 20, 2017, 02:57:09 pm »

"yeah, let me check that out.."
drone scout time!

[Mechanics: 8]

The drone flies out of shuttle door and out around to where the pounding is occurring.

[Insight: 7]

It's rather difficult to make out in the darkness, but what's banging on the ship is definitely more... humanoid than the creatures you saw beforehand. If you were to describe it, you would say that it looks like a human being with all of it's skin peeled off and giant tumors growing all over its body. With massive meaty pounds of it's fists, it leaves streaks of blood on the side of the shuttle.

Try again.

[Endurance: 10-2]

Though wobbly-legged, you managed to stand up albeit with some difficulty. Walking may take some effort.

Be ready to shoot whatever's attacking us when it shows its face.

You hunker up at the shuttle's door. The booming is coming from the wall to your left.

Be ready to stay behind the other soldiers and run like mad if the shuttle's breached.

You huddle on the side of the door opposite Vladimir, and prepare to run as fast as your legs will take you.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 33