Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 33

Author Topic: Disasteroid [IC] (Mission 2)  (Read 55496 times)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: Disasteroid [IC] (Mission 1)
« Reply #180 on: July 31, 2017, 01:53:34 pm »

get free of the appendages using my knife, and back the hell away from mr berserker there. I don't want to get involved.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 04:30:53 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #181 on: July 31, 2017, 10:13:50 pm »

Extend the metal as far as possible and turn the end into a snipping, grasping sphere, which cuts the heart out and catches it in the sphere.

If attacked, defend self with metal. If injured, use metal to stop bleeding

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 01, 2017, 03:29:47 pm »

NOPE.

Disentangle myself from this stuff, and shoot out those appendages I mentioned earlier.

[Strength: 9-2]

With a push of your arms, you scramble your way out of the clenching arm, and away from the newly created hole in the ground. Time to take care of business.

[Conventional Weapons: 4+1]

However, the stress of undergoing... whatever the hell just happened throws your aim off, and you barely get a decent shot off against the throng of limbs.

[-2s Ammo]

Release voltage all around me, to try to stun the being that is dragging me in. Attempt to wriggle away and out of the ground, then dash to the edge of the room.

Yes, a shock will do the trick quite nicely.

[Alien Weapons: 1+1]

You place your hands on the limb, but at the last second before the discharge it squirms away, and you release a brilliant crack of electricity into the air!

[Endurance: 4-2]

You feel a tapping noise coming from beneath you, when suddenly your right foot explodes in a shockwave of pain! You feel a sharp, stabbing something grind against your flesh as you reel from the shock!

Get to the heart. Tear apart anything in my way.

[Coin Flip: Heads]

You scream and gnash your teeth. Growling and thrashing, you spit vile insults at the heart before flinging yourself at it, diving through the wave of grasping arms, tentacles, and other parts.

[Dexterity: 6+6]
[?, Strength: 7+?]

The disgusting pieces of flesh are strong. But not nearly strong enough to handle someone like you! Cackling, you forge ahead as the limbs are torn from the ground in their futile attempts to hold you back, their weakness lending you nothing but strength! You leap over Doc, the weakling, and lunge for the heart!

[Strength: 10+5]

With your bare hands, you start ripping the heart apart, throwing chunks of bloody meat at the ground as it screams! Oh, and it does scream! A horrible screeching noise reverberates from around the room, as you cackle, and laugh, and revel in the slaughter.

Don't be in the way of anyone fighting. Look small and unimportant.

You stand very, very, very still. You hunch down into a ball, hoping that nothing attacks you.

If only life were that simple.

[Dexterity: 4]
[?, Dexterity: 3+?]

In no time at all, a bulge flings itself towards you! You scramble back in an attempt to protect yourself, and in doing so manage to barely, just barely avoid getting sucked into the ground.

get free of the appendages using my knife, and back the hell away from mr berserker there. I don't want to get involved.

[Unconventional Weapons: 1]

You wildly flail about with your knife, before it flies out of your hand and embeds itself in your poor, abused left arm!

[Endurance: 3]

As it slides in, you let out a wild howl as you lurch back... directly into the path of August, screaming in a seemingly insane rage.

This is gonna suck.

[Dexterity: 7]

Fortunately enough, however, you are able to fling yourself to the ground at the last second before she hurdles over you into the throng of limbs. You are still stuck however, as the grasping arms begin to tug you down, into the ground. Oh dear.

Extend the metal as far as possible and turn the end into a snipping, grasping sphere, which cuts the heart out and catches it in the sphere.

If attacked, defend self with metal. If injured, use metal to stop bleeding

Though you can't get to the heart before August goes full-on Temple of Doom on the thing, you are able to extend some tendrils to catch the pieces of heart as they fall towards the ground. Fortunately enough, it appears to be that whatever the hell this is hasn't fully noticed your presence yet.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 03:47:01 pm by DolosusDoleus »
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 01, 2017, 03:34:56 pm »

...whelp, Mr. Hulk is handling themselves nicely enough. Stay out of the way, dodge any incoming attacks.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 01, 2017, 03:37:53 pm »

Keep killing the heart

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 01, 2017, 03:39:07 pm »

Why did I get a -2 penalty to my action? I have high dexterity and a point in unconventional weapons. Shouldn't that result in no penalty?
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 01, 2017, 03:46:30 pm »

Why did I get a -2 penalty to my action? I have high dexterity and a point in unconventional weapons. Shouldn't that result in no penalty?

Ah, whoops. I was looking at the wrong character sheet. Fixing it now.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 01, 2017, 03:55:38 pm »

priorities in order of importance: get the knife out of my arm, get these graspers off and preferably destroyed, and get the hell away from hulkperson!

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 01, 2017, 04:02:08 pm »

Squirm desperately. Try to escape.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 01, 2017, 05:26:18 pm »

Draw knife. If it comes again, stab stab stab STABBITSTABBIT!
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 02, 2017, 04:19:51 pm »

...whelp, Mr. Hulk is handling themselves nicely enough. Stay out of the way, dodge any incoming attacks.

You scramble backwards, as the squirming tentacles from the pit grasp at the air where you just were. You stare at the pit where the grasping limbs come up, as they tangle and search for your body.

Keep killing the heart

[Coin Flip: Heads]

[Strength: 4+5]

RIP AND TEAR! RIP AND TEAR! RIP AND TEAR! More bits of bloody flesh are flung to the ground as you gleefully mangle the heart into a bloody mess of gristle and squirts of blood, until you find that there is nothing left of it!

As you rip off the final piece of heart, you notice a strange, glowing chunk of flesh embedded within the very core of the heart. Growling, you grab it in your hand and...

[+1 to the Gift! Chance to Mutate (Must beat an 11): 58. Pass!]

You feel odd for a second, and then the feeling passes. That makes you angry. Very, very angry. You start going to town on the assorted limbs and grasping bits, now hanging limp that the heart is gone.

priorities in order of importance: get the knife out of my arm, get these graspers off and preferably destroyed, and get the hell away from hulkperson!

Well first, you twist over to the knife, and rip it out of your body!

[Endurance: 7]

You are able to manage the pain, as you watch August tear the heart into bloody nothings before going at the mass of limbs. The very same mass of limbs that you happen to be in. Oh dear.

[Dexterity: 6]

You fling yourself a few feet away from August, just enough to avoid her wild flailing and general rage. As you do so, you feel the suit depressurize your stabbed arm, preventing your armor from losing oxygen. Good thing you bought that armor!

Squirm desperately. Try to escape.

[Strength: 5-2]

It's no use! You hear a sickening crunch, and suddenly you feel very, very cold. You also, with dawning horror, realize that you can no longer feel your left leg. At all.

[Endurance: 4-2]

You promptly pass out in shock!

Draw knife. If it comes again, stab stab stab STABBITSTABBIT!

You pull your blade out into the open, and scramble backwards. However, it appears to be that the creature cannot find you, as tentacles and grasping arms flail about where the hole is, searching for you. Holy crap.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 02, 2017, 04:27:03 pm »

"T-t-tentacles! Monster!"

Scramble back, completely ignoring people who probably need medical attention.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 02, 2017, 04:34:42 pm »

Calm down.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 02, 2017, 04:43:31 pm »

aaaagh I neeed a medic bag

go save the guy who just passed out, he probably need help!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #194 on: August 02, 2017, 07:43:46 pm »

Walk off with my heart pieces carefully contained in the metal. I feel like I'm not really needed here. Find a nice place to loiter until something significant happens/ I need to scamper to safety.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 33