Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 33

Author Topic: Disasteroid [IC] (Mission 2)  (Read 55504 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Disasteroid [IC] (Mission 2 Pre-Launch)
« Reply #360 on: August 21, 2017, 07:36:22 pm »

Acquire gear, get to shuttle. Possibly sober up.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: August 21, 2017, 09:41:23 pm »

No further questions. Shuttle, gear, let's go.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: August 22, 2017, 02:05:45 pm »

The lot of you file out of Supply, with Quartermaster South pushing his box of bomb parts behind you. It only takes a few minutes before everyone is all set up, and put in their tubes.

"Total travel time is approximately four days gents. Now get you gone."

As it turns out, the sensation of being surrounded in suffocating blue goo isn't really something that one can really get used to. There is that momentary moment of panic as you can't breathe anymore, and then you pass out from the chemical slime enveloping you.

You all awake to a loud rumbling sound as the stasis pods eject you shuddering and gasping for breath out onto the floor.

"Looks like we've kicked up the hornet's nest boys and girls!
 We're detecting a squad of TerraCo-Sunbreak enforcers headed straight for your position!"

A large viewscreen pops into existence on the ship wall, showing a view of the facility half a mile or so in the distance. Besides that, there's nothing else on the surface except for a wide, seemingly endless expanse of swirling sands and desert. Oh, and the half-dozen space marines 500 feet away, steadily marching towards the ship. Oh my.

"Get your equipment and get rid of that squad!"
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Disasteroid [IC] (Mission 2)
« Reply #363 on: August 22, 2017, 02:10:51 pm »

Grab my stuff, hit the button to open the door, and deploy the shooty-drone. Simply get it high into the air for now.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: August 22, 2017, 02:29:55 pm »

grab my weapon, try to find a spot that I can flank without being seen from, and get ready to fire. Don't be afraid to dig in to the sand a bit to hide myself.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: August 22, 2017, 02:43:33 pm »

Grab equipment, then... right... stay behind the others. Medics aren't supposed to fight.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: August 22, 2017, 03:18:23 pm »

Grab my shit and get ready to...well fix some shit
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: August 22, 2017, 03:41:15 pm »

"Great. And me not having any good long range weapons."

See if my laser pistol can even shoot that far. After getting out of the ship and near some cover.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: August 22, 2017, 05:46:03 pm »

Grab my stuff, hit the button to open the door, and deploy the shooty-drone. Simply get it high into the air for now.

You grab all of your stuff off the wall alongside your compatriots, and slam the button to open the door. With a hiss, it unseals to reveal the TerraCo-Sunbreak goons.

[Mechanics: 4-2]

When you try to get the gunner drone to take off, it kind of just hovers for a second, and then slams into the side of the shuttle a couple of times before falling to the ground. Fortunately, it doesn't break.

grab my weapon, try to find a spot that I can flank without being seen from, and get ready to fire. Don't be afraid to dig in to the sand a bit to hide myself.

[Intelligence: 10+1]

Of course! The sand! You combat roll out of the ship, directly into a nearby sand dune. You quickly burrow your way underneath the sand so that the barrel of your gun pokes slightly out of the sand. Well, you're certainly going to be very hard to see. You should be fine just as long as you don't have to actually move anything besides your trigger finger.

With that, you fire off a few rounds at them!

[Conventional Weapons: 7]
[Goons, Dexterity: 3+?]

[Ammo -2s]

With a quick burst of laser fire, you hit one of the goons squarely in the chest! He grunts and falls over, as one of the others focuses his fire in your direction.

[Dexterity: 1+1]
[Goon, Conventional Weapons: 2+?]

Suffocated by the sand, you can't move away fast enough before the gun is turned on you! Fortunately, this guy seems to have the aim of your average stormtrooper. Yay?

Grab equipment, then... right... stay behind the others. Medics aren't supposed to fight.

You grab your equipment off the wall as Juniper opens the shuttle door and take cover beside said door.

Grab my shit and get ready to...well fix some shit

You grab your stuff and take cover on the opposite side of the door as Darwin. You notice some of the goons taking aim at you.

[Dexterity: 9-2]
[Goons, Conventional Weapons: 3+?]

Jeez, these guys can't aim for shit can they?

"Great. And me not having any good long range weapons."

See if my laser pistol can even shoot that far. After getting out of the ship and near some cover.

You try to shoot your laser pistol at the oncoming goons.

[Conventional Weapons: 2]

Hahahahahahahaha... no. They don't even bother dodging out of the way. You run out of the ship and take cover behind a bulkhead, as some of the goons turn their guns in your direction.

[Dexterity: 9] How on earth are you people this lucky?
[Goons, Conventional Weapons: 1+?] For real, what the actual hell?

You don't even have to dodge as the bullets miss you by at least a couple of feet.

Quote from: Auto-piecewise
Grab equipment and get to cover I dunno.

You grab your stuff and uncomfortably smush yourself up against the side of the door alongside Ivan.

The goons are 30 feet away, and coming on extremely quickly!
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: August 22, 2017, 06:06:48 pm »

Toss the drone outside the shuttle door before steering it this time. Immediately open fire on the closest of the goons.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: August 22, 2017, 06:10:07 pm »

Turn the adaptive rod into a riot shield and use it as cover while shooting at the goons using the laser pistol.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: August 22, 2017, 06:14:20 pm »

next target. See if I can line up multiple shots without moving too much.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: August 23, 2017, 01:27:29 pm »

Toss the drone outside the shuttle door before steering it this time. Immediately open fire on the closest of the goons.

[Mechanics: 8-2]

This time, you manage to get the gunner drone flying. Great job! Now you're going to actually have to hit something.

[Goon, Dexterity: 10+?]

The goon you're taking aim at quickly notices the drone and dodges out of the way... directly into one of the other goons, sending them both tumbling to the ground. Well, at least you did something useful.

[-1 ammo burst]

Turn the adaptive rod into a riot shield and use it as cover while shooting at the goons using the laser pistol.

The alien metal shifts and morphs into a shield, with a small slot for you to look through. Quickly, you whip out your laser pistol and start shooting at the goons.

[Conventional Weapons: 8]

The goon you were shooting at doesn't even flinch as your laser burns a little hole in his chestplate. Looks like that armor is significantly tougher than one would assume at first glance.

next target. See if I can line up multiple shots without moving too much.

[Conventional Weapons: 9+1]

You are suddenly filled with the overwhelming need to pour as many laser beams into the goons as you can!

[Goon 1, Dexterity: 2+?]
[Goon 2, Dexterity: 1+?]

You don't even have to try as your rifle quickly dispatches two of the goons!

[-10s ammo]

The three remaining goons very quickly catch on to your hidey-hole, and turn to fire at you!

[Goon 1, Conventional Weapons: 6+?]
[Goon 2, Conventional Weapons: 4+?]
[Goon 3, Conventional Weapons: 3+?]

The second two have their aims spoiled by being knocked onto the ground, but the first strikes straight and true! Suffocated by the sand, you are unable to squirm out of the way before a hail of bullets slams into your body!

[Endurance: 1+1]

You feel bursting, searing pain explode in your right arm, as the bullets slice through your armor as if it were paper! You grit your teeth and barely manage to avoid passing out!
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 01:33:39 pm by DolosusDoleus »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: August 23, 2017, 01:30:08 pm »

If both goons are downed, it should be easy to simply spray fire at them until they die- I am firing from above, after all. With that said, spray fire onto the two downed goons.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: August 23, 2017, 03:50:19 pm »

Run up closer to the goons, turn my adaptive rod into a long sharp blade, slice at the goon that is standing up.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 33