Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 33

Author Topic: Disasteroid [IC] (Mission 2)  (Read 55302 times)

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
Re: Disasteroid [IC] (Mission 2)
« Reply #435 on: September 07, 2017, 06:51:35 pm »

Get up and shake it off. Meet up with the fellows carrying the bomb, and help them with that.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: September 07, 2017, 07:07:44 pm »

"Okay. Should we just walk up and try to disable the turrets first? Because getting the bomb parts shot up would not be beneficial to completing this mission."

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: September 07, 2017, 07:25:36 pm »

well, start moving about in the sand. Whichever direction gives me the least resistance will be up for now.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: September 09, 2017, 11:25:54 am »

"Owww... my eyes..."

Wait until my vision clears up.

It takes a minute, but eventually you manage to tell the difference between when your eyes are open and when they are closed. Ahead of you lies the team carrying the bomb parts to the facility. Behind you lies a smoking crater.

Get up and shake it off. Meet up with the fellows carrying the bomb, and help them with that.

After stumbling about for a bit, you make your way to the fellows loitering about with the bomb parts.

well, start moving about in the sand. Whichever direction gives me the least resistance will be up for now.

[Intuition: 9]

After squirming about for a bit, you find that digging behind you seems to give the least resistance. Therefore, you start moving thataway!

[Strength: 5+1]

You dig for a couple minutes, but you still see no trace of the surface.

You all hear a crackling in your comms.

"Is this working? You sure about this Will? I mean... wait, I think I'm getting through.

So, this is Henderson, from team Alpha-56, going out to all other teams. If Will screwed this up I'm probably broadcasting to TerraCo-Sunbreak as well, but whatever. We're on the south side of the building, right around where the explosion is gonna go off..."

You all hear a massive explosion. Those of you near the building can see a massive green flash, followed by a plume of smoke rising upwards.

"...just now. Come in over here if you want. I can't hear you other teams, so don't bother responding back. Now... Really? God fu-"

You hear the sound of gunfire as the audio cuts out.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: September 09, 2017, 01:12:25 pm »

keep going, I need to get to the surface and regroup with the others!
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: September 09, 2017, 04:57:13 pm »

"Cool. Now contrary to what my common sense is telling me, let's go that way."

Push the bomb parts towards the location of the explosion.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #441 on: September 09, 2017, 06:42:36 pm »

Hmm. Could I gather the metal under the bomb and then have it push upwards with enough force and speed to throw the bomb over to the target? Probably not.

Throw stones till I figure out where the kill zone for those turrets is. Use this method to search for blind spots.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: September 11, 2017, 04:07:02 pm »

keep going, I need to get to the surface and regroup with the others!

[Strength: 9+1]

Dig dig dig. Dig dig dig! You dig and dig and dig! Getting your blood pressure up, working hard! Eventually, you reach the surface, and scrabble at the dunes, finally flailing your way up to the surface. Gee, you hope that you didn't accidentally mess up your arm. You just engaged in a lot of strenuous...

You glance over at your plugged-up arm, where blood is starting to ooze from the edges of the medi-foam sealant. Crap.

"Cool. Now contrary to what my common sense is telling me, let's go that way."

Push the bomb parts towards the location of the explosion.

You start pushing the bomb around the facility, giving it a wide berth as INVICTUS starts tossing some rocks at the facility.

Hmm. Could I gather the metal under the bomb and then have it push upwards with enough force and speed to throw the bomb over to the target? Probably not.

Throw stones till I figure out where the kill zone for those turrets is. Use this method to search for blind spots.

You collect a few stones from the ground, and start tossing them at the facility.

[Intelligence: 4+1]

It takes a little time, but eventually one of the rocks flies into the range of the turrets. It doesn't even have enough time to hit the ground before it explodes, shards of stone careening across the sands. It is a little difficult to judge the distances, but you'd say the kill zone is somewhere in between 400-500 feet.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: September 11, 2017, 04:21:28 pm »

Notice messed up arm guy, fix arm using medi... actually, stitch his arm up. That'll probably hold better, and'll teach him not to mess with his arm.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #444 on: September 11, 2017, 09:30:56 pm »

Extend a metal tendril into the killzone; see if my metal could function as a shield. If not, throw multiple rocks in at the same time to see if the guns can only track one target at a time.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: September 11, 2017, 09:46:32 pm »

Notice messed up arm guy, fix arm using medi... actually, stitch his arm up. That'll probably hold better, and'll teach him not to mess with his arm.
that's rich coming from the guy who shoved my arm full of expanding insulation.regroup, then Let him do his job.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: September 12, 2017, 05:23:20 am »

The buried-under-sand guy gave me an idea until I remembered we need to get the bomb there too, not just us. No sand digging today.

Follow along and just help push the bomb. None of my specialties are needed.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: September 12, 2017, 08:42:03 am »

"You know, we could try throwing rocks at the facility until the turrets run out of ammo."

Keep pushing the bomb towards about where the southern explosion was.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: September 12, 2017, 10:19:19 pm »

Sighing, you move back towards Doc to fix up his arm. Again. Screw using medi-foam, you don't have enough supplies to handle that!

[Medicine: 10]

You know how to fix this arm problem. From your emergency kit you collect a needle and thread, and start jabbing thread through foam, skin, sinew, and muscle alike! Jab jab jab goes the needle, until Doc's are starts resembling an elementary school arts and crafts project. On the bright side, the bleeding stopped. Yay! On the other side, you probably just destroyed the musculature of his arm. Less yay!

Extend a metal tendril into the killzone; see if my metal could function as a shield. If not, throw multiple rocks in at the same time to see if the guns can only track one target at a time.

When you extend the metal out into the killzone, not even a second passes before it gets assaulted by a barrage of bullets! The metal isn't exactly made to deal with a situation like this, and you have to pull it back before it gets knocked out of your grasp.

You'd say that the metal could function as a shield, but doing so would be pretty dangerous. Also, judging by the number of turrets, they could easily track multiple targets at once.

that's rich coming from the guy who shoved my arm full of expanding insulation.regroup, then Let him do his job.

You let the good doctor do his work. Instead of doctoring, he assaults your arm with a needle and thread!

[Endurance: 5+1]

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

The buried-under-sand guy gave me an idea until I remembered we need to get the bomb there too, not just us. No sand digging today.

Follow along and just help push the bomb. None of my specialties are needed.
"You know, we could try throwing rocks at the facility until the turrets run out of ammo."

Keep pushing the bomb towards about where the southern explosion was.

You push the bomb all the way around to the southern side of the facility. You are greeted with an assortment of bodies, and a giant hole in the side of the facility. The turrets on this side appear to have been disabled via liberal application of gunfire.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: September 13, 2017, 05:35:58 am »

Push the bomb past all these dead bodies towards the hole. Lament the life choices I made that landed me basically working as a punch-clock terrorist.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 33