Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should this comic continue?

Yes please!
- 12 (100%)
I don't care enough.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care about this one in particular, but I'd like to see more comics from you in the future!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 35

Author Topic: The Outpost: Illustrated Community Game  (Read 61333 times)

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Outpost: Illustrated Community Game
« Reply #240 on: October 29, 2017, 04:18:25 pm »

Diggy ponders, "tiger wicked bo?"

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: October 29, 2017, 04:41:55 pm »

"Nf yly zql. Mnmn bhp zrt."

<"I think we should not slay her. It is unwise to entirely without mercy.">

Enjoying the sprite sheet.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 04:44:09 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #242 on: October 29, 2017, 04:43:01 pm »

OOC : That made me chuckle a bit. Those bara furry jokes will never get old :') I'll post a real answer in a bit, just posting to say I'm totally loving that

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: October 29, 2017, 05:05:59 pm »

I say we give her a little food if we can spare it under the warning that if she or any of her kin returns in hopes of finding handouts they will receive none. But if she wishes to come back for trade, diplomacy, joining the fort, or anything else that benefits both our groups we will let her, under cautious supervision to make sure that she isn't coming to steal anything. If any hostility is sensed or intentions of sabotage realized, she is to be thrown out and attacked on sight upon return. We should also push to find out just what she means by "family", sometimes that could mean one kid or an entire kobold den. It would be helpful to know if she plans on bringing her whole den over in an attempt to milk our hospitality. But if it is a whole Kobold den then they might be able to bring us items more valuable than just trinkets. They'd be stolen of course, but no one's going to come looking for them up here. The consensus seems to be that no one really minds her, except Chedna, so I guess she can stay for a few hours while we prepare her for her journey home. But we would have to do something to make some kind of statement to her that we mean business and aren't an easy target while still being open to potential friendly diplomacy. I'm not sure what that would be, maybe Chedna tackling her was enough? Diplomacy is always a delicate matter, especially when dealing between species that have different ethics. If possible I would like to try to find out as much as I can about her people's particular branch of Kobold ethics so we can better relate with the Kobolds of this area in the future.

Edit: I realize now that there is probably no way that I'm going to be able to discuss anything as complicated as diplomacy or ethics to a Kobold. But I would like to try, turtles have some incredible patience.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 05:29:35 pm by MottledPetrel »

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: October 30, 2017, 01:25:27 am »

Let 'er stay here for a while... Poor thing looks... Famished.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: November 01, 2017, 05:47:06 pm »

I realize now that we all overlooked that Scourge is potentially making an artifact. Can the gem cutting skill be used in artifact creation? Or does Scourge have some secondary low level profession that he just hasn't told anyone about yet?

MadMonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • This kills the dwarf.
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: November 02, 2017, 12:11:49 am »

Kill that kobold before she robs you blind and covers every engravable surface with images of cats!
Read Losing is Fun! https://losingisfun.org/

MrLurkety

• Bay Watcher
  • Bogeymen are tasty. So am I, to the bogeymen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: November 02, 2017, 08:29:30 am »

Journal of Ineth Bitespear:
 They've caught a kobold. I'm having it brought to my office, so I can interrogate it...
 Of course, I won't be able to understand it, so I'll probably just kill it anyway. Need the axe practice, and give someone the knife. That is, if that tigerman doesn't kill it first.
 *Here you see a winestain, before he starts writing on another page.*
 Oh. Someone understands it. Well, we should get the tigerman out of the cage.
Bay12 Evo game
-snip-
I'm not an expert on the political climate but I'm pretty sure that politicians don't join armies and invade dwarven fortresses.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: November 02, 2017, 03:00:13 pm »

I'll help in the, Interrogation if you need me. And I would agree that we can't have her around here too long incase she decides to grab something and run, but as of right now we don't have much worth stealing. Keep her on the upper levels away from the stockpiles and under close watch until we send her home with a stern warning that we won't be giving any hand outs if she returns. If she comes back again claiming to be lost without a good reason as to why or without diplomatic proposals from her den I say we kill her.

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: November 04, 2017, 08:46:10 am »

"Nd brr ik ood hrrt oq. Ng dra wwq. Stkblrks ks trrn ik qm brr uk."

"...By the powers granted by Her Majesty the Queen's charter, acting on behalf of the residents of Gremlinfort, who have elected me to govern and protect their interests, I pardon this kobold for the crimes she has already perpetrated. Stokobolrikis can stay here until she's ready to leave further on her journey, granted she does not commit any crimes during her stay and does not vandalize the walls of this very fortress with etched images of felines"

"Stocky say thanks! Stocky hungry... Give sword back?"

"Ng diak. Bs nga qww."

"Unfortunately, we cannot do this for security reasons. The sheriff shall hold onto your weapon until your departure".

"Mggh... Big and juicy... Stoky likes..."

"Hey you! Think ye can get away this easily? We don't tolerrate yerrr kind here... This is MY town, parrtner. I'll be watchin' you. One wrrong move, and I'll have ya hanged and beaten like a piñata. You dig?"

"Y'see that?...Comin from th'northwest".

"A ship? Looks like a longboat... Where is the crew, then?"

"No flag, nothin'. Those are no merchants it seems. Might be a raiding party."

"A raiding party? Who's behind this, even?'

"Hm, not sure... looks like some well-armed infantry to me. Think we should alert everyone?"

Whoever the newcomers might be, they mean business. While Gremlinfort is well-prepared for a siege, it's up to the citizens to come up with a plan to save their town. Supplies of wood, copper and bronze are limited, but it still allows for some additional equipment to be made. What shall be their next step? Stay tuned!
« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 09:02:17 am by Monitor Lisard »
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: November 04, 2017, 03:09:33 pm »

Scourge continues to search for rock blocks, grumbling in multiple languages, having gathered logs and copper, images of cats floating through his mind

MrLurkety

• Bay Watcher
  • Bogeymen are tasty. So am I, to the bogeymen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: November 04, 2017, 03:28:01 pm »

Journal of Ineth Bitespear
  I got drunk and yelled at a kobold, strangely. I've heard of a raiding party, so I'm starting to train more, so I don't die. I'm going to apologize to that kobold.
  I smell bones on the wind.... I'm hungry for meat, now. Strangely, I smell no raiders... But it's familiar... Just.. Missing something. Like that tomb.
  I'm going to ask for someone to make a moat, with a drawbridge or something. Or at least a ditch with a thin plank over it, for defense. However, I'm not at the surface much; I'm either training, looking for someone to spar with, eating, drinking, or looking for crimes to punish. Good that there have been none yet.
Bay12 Evo game
-snip-
I'm not an expert on the political climate but I'm pretty sure that politicians don't join armies and invade dwarven fortresses.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: November 04, 2017, 04:04:42 pm »

I'll grab my sword, but I think I'll stay to guard the entrance against any stragglers who try to sneak in. Were we ever successful with that lava weapon or the green glass disk launcher the gremlin wanted to set up in the entrance? If so, we could probably use that. A ditch would be nice, no idea if we have enough time to build one though. If we were to dig one we would have to make sure we held the high ground so we could throw stuff down at them, or maybe roll a boulder down the hill we're on at them. I have no idea how structurally sound a reanimated skeleton is, but my guess would be that even with the armor the sinew holding the bones together would not hold up to forces of impact very well. Aiming at the joint would probably help a lot. If they're old enough skeletons the bones shouldn't be too hard to break. Likewise, I wouldn't think that Chedna's spear would be very effective against skeletons as they have no vital organs except for... the brain? Do skeletons keep their brains when reanimated? If so we can probably work with going for brain shots. If we do manage to win getting our hands on that ship would probably be an incredible boon, so we should make sure that they don't try to bail halfway through and sail home. We could probably use that ship for trading down south with the ocean side communities. Wow this came out way more rambly than I thought it would be, maybe it's all this wine I've been sharing with Ineth, I'm basically his mock deputy at this point.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: November 04, 2017, 04:16:30 pm »

I Ask our smith for the largest, heaviest blunt object he thinks I can use and he can make me before the not friends arrive, then head to the doors of the fort to defend.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 04:18:54 pm by crazyabe »
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: November 04, 2017, 04:25:45 pm »

I Ask our smith for the largest, heaviest blunt object he thinks I can use and he can make me before the not friends arrive, then head to the doors of the fort to defend.
So a spoon?
Here's your maul.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 35