Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should this comic continue?

Yes please!
- 12 (100%)
I don't care enough.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care about this one in particular, but I'd like to see more comics from you in the future!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 35

Author Topic: The Outpost: Illustrated Community Game  (Read 61871 times)

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
Re: The Outpost: Illustrated Community Game
« Reply #255 on: November 04, 2017, 06:18:14 pm »

They look a bit worse for wear. I can't quite tell, my eyesight's not... what it used to be, but I'd say we close the gate before they come in, they might... be contagious... Or undead. We'll need to keep an... Eye on them.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: November 05, 2017, 10:53:33 am »

Can I be added to the fort?
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: November 05, 2017, 11:10:05 am »

Can I be added to the fort?

Sure! Post the description of your character then, at least a basic one.
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: November 05, 2017, 04:01:01 pm »

If you want to be tied into some other character's past I could weasel you in. I've got another character potentially on the way, so you two could show up as best friends or something.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: November 06, 2017, 10:44:15 pm »

I'm gonna be a human swordsman. My character is quite tall for a human, very muscular. He's around 40-50. Has a neat human beard, black-graying hair, whatever color eyes look good and maybe some kind of war paint.
If you want to be tied into some other character's past I could weasel you in. I've got another character potentially on the way, so you two could show up as best friends or something.
No, sorry. I have an idea for a character I want to play and he's kind of a lone wolf.
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: November 12, 2017, 04:18:10 pm »

Yeah it's fine, just wanted to see if you needed any ideas for your character. Maybe you could do a journal entry before your character arrives to give everyone an idea as to what he's like, his past, and/or his morals?

Also, I'm a bit surprised we haven't seen any wild animals yet. Even out in this tundra there should be some things. Maybe we could set out some cage traps eventually to try to catch some things that creep by so we can tame them? Or maybe we could get some cage traps to use against the skeletons? It would be nice if we could have some captive undead or untamable animals laying around that we could unleash against our enemies, or have them fight to the death for our amusement in an underground arena full of traps and challenges. Except instead of winning their freedom by completing all the challenges they just get the reward of being dumped in the line of fire of the next invasion. Obviously we would have to make judgement calls on that, we can't let out undead when there is an undead invasion, and we can't let out rabid animals if there is an elven invasion at some point. But if we ever get bored at some point we could try something like this.

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: November 13, 2017, 05:18:50 am »

"FASTERR, you RRUNT! The ENEMY won't wait till yerr finished! Or you'd rrather dig GRRAVES for us?"

"Sorry for bein' this much of a jerk, missus. Don't worry, yer safe while you're here..."

"Well, unless th'raiders murder us and keep the rest as slaves... Or th' polar bear snaps while we're away and rips your guts out, feasts on those, and makes a +kobold leather backpack+ with yer skin... Well, it's pretty safe here anyway".

"...Good club. Bit short. But heavy. Good".

*CRUNCH*

*CLANG*

Shit, they're here already! Th'ship has unloaded sum troopers and made away... They're 'bout tae cross th'moat usin' that narrow makeshift bridge we left there!... Wait, are those skeletons?

To arms! It's not too late to shove th'bridge into the ditch... But that way we won't be able to engage them hand to hand... Should we face them right under the walls... On the bridge? Aw crap! By Armok, I'm not a tactician! 

« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 05:23:17 am by Monitor Lisard »
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: November 13, 2017, 11:46:10 am »

Diggy: "I dug a hole today. It was satisfying!"

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: November 13, 2017, 12:12:48 pm »

"Ng ttz mklp d py. Qzwx dg!"

"Let some undead onto the bridge, and then pull it out from under them to drop them in the ditch. Then, redeploy the bridge and let the warriors work!"
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: November 13, 2017, 03:36:52 pm »

I would say we should fight them while they are on the bridge but stay on our side of the ditch. So that if they try to dodge they will be forced to dodge into the ditch and potentially hurt themselves. Those who stay on the bridge and are unable to dodge will be at a serious disadvantage. If it gets rough for us we should only then knock down the bridge and have them fall. Once they are stuck in the ditch we could throw boulders down at them or just whatever heavy stuff we have. This strategy will allow us to maximize the benefits of all the strategic possessions we have and can put ourselves in.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: November 13, 2017, 03:42:36 pm »

While everyone else is arguing about what to do, Tuk Tuk walks to the Near end of the bridge and swings his new hammer left and right, just waiting for the skeletons to try to cross.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: November 13, 2017, 04:25:15 pm »

Also, I just thought about something. Are these skeletons a secret Halloween easter egg?

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #267 on: November 14, 2017, 03:27:10 pm »

ALRIGHT soldiers listen UP. I have a PLAN and it's TIME for briefing.

Cue EPIC music
Alright SEE. We don't have many ADVANTAGE in that FIGHT.
The enemy has the NUMBERS and can resist our WEAPONRY. But we have ONE thing over THEM.

The control of the BRIDGE.

Our PLAN is to use the BRIDGE to divide their FORCES.

We shall OPEN the BRIDGE when they are ENGAGED on it, and HALF their FORCES are on our side. This way, their FORCES will be divided in TWO groups, while our OWN force will remain UNITED.

If we ENGAGE them this way, they can NO LONGER rely on their superior NUMBERS and we have a FIGHTING chance. ANY question?

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: November 14, 2017, 03:37:56 pm »

If that is going to be the plan we should make sure that some of the skeletons on the bridge are dumped into the moat when we divide the enemy, making it so that they are stuck in three even smaller groups instead of two.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: November 14, 2017, 04:27:59 pm »

*pokes head in* Why not do that multiple times with, say, four or five bonies each time, instead of only once with half their force? Bite-sized chunks and such.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 35