Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Mighty Fists: An Arms Race Test(8/8!): Turn 2: Fists of Fury!  (Read 4333 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Mighty Fists: An Arms Race Test(8/8!): Submit Revisions Now!
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2017, 07:14:23 am »

Just so you know, I'm only missing Draignean. Technically, he already sent his revision in, but he really needs to revise it a bit, so...

Well, if he doesn't send in his revised revision soon, I'll just go with what I have. And it won't be pretty.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 08:47:05 am by FallacyofUrist »
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mighty Fists: An Arms Race Test(8/8!): The Fights Begin!
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2017, 08:53:06 am »

Four fights began.

RAM, the madman in a Scyther suit, faced down ATHATH, the man as flexible as Mr. Fantastic.

Draignean, the Son of Son of Fast Guy, faced down crazyabe, the Muscle Master.

Wolfhunter107, the most balanced of them all, faced down Madman198237, the original Fast Guy.

Dustan Hache, another of the Fast Guy family, faced down OceanSoul, the one and only Strong Guy.

Of course, this was all in the same arena. While in order to win, each player needed only beat their opponent, they could also interfere with others' fights. This would be interesting...

Send in your actions(in spoilers, unless you want to give away what you're planning)!
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2017, 09:20:42 am »

Spoiler: Nothing To See Here (click to show/hide)
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2017, 10:14:12 am »

Spoiler: Act 1 (click to show/hide)
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2017, 11:43:34 am »

A little music to set the stage...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2017, 11:48:15 am »

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2017, 04:56:09 pm »

Spoiler: *Scy* (click to show/hide)
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2017, 06:15:26 pm »

I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2017, 12:23:14 pm »

Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 02, 2017, 05:20:01 pm »

Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2017, 11:00:15 am »

And then they moved.

INIT:
Wolfhunter107(43)
ATHATH(61)
Dustan Hache(11)
RAM(39)
Draignean(36)
OceanSoul(71)
crazyabe(15)
Madman198237(71)

First to act were OceanSoul and Madman198237.

Madman198237 focused only on dodging, not attacking. (Rule Adjustment: if somebody chooses not to attack and only defend, they receive a defensive bonus depending on whether they choose to dodge(+2 to dodge) or block(+2 to resist).) (+2 to dodge this turn)

OceanSoul drove his foot down on the ground, sending out a shockwave through it, disrupting Dustan Hache's footing. Unfortunately, this took up the time he intended to use on his attack. (Rule: Using an offensive Ki technique counts as attacking.) (Dustan Hache: -2 to aim this turn, -2 to dodge next turn, OceanSoul, -2 Ki)

ATHATH decided to try something insane with one of his techniques. A ball of Ki threads formed in his hand, and was promptly thrown at a rock in the arena.

... nothing happened. Except ATHATH lost the Ki he spent on the technique(ATHATH, -3 Ki).

Spoiler: ATHATH Only (click to show/hide)

Wolfhunter107 was the first to actually attack, furthermore, he focused only on attacking. (Rule Adjustment: If someone doesn't block or dodge at all, instead performing an All-Out Attack, gain +2 to hit and damage). Madman198237 was going down!

(Attack: 4+1(Base Accuracy Bonus(0.5 Dexterity rounded down))+2(All-Out Attack)=7 vs. Dodge: 5+3(Dodge Bonus(+1 per point of Dexterity: 3)+2(Only Dodging Bonus)=10)

Madman198237 easily dodged out of the way, focused only on dodging. If Wolfhunter107 had been less accurate, Madman would have been able to counterattack.

Madman198237 noticed, surprised, that Wolfhunter107 was launching a second attack somehow! (Attack: 10+1(Base Accuracy Bonus)+2(All-Out Attack)=13 vs. Dodge: 8+3(Dodge Bonus)+2(Only Dodging Bonus)=13)

Wolfhunter107's second attack was ridiculously faster than his first, but so was Madman's dodge. Somehow, Wolfhunter took the edge, and successfully hit Madman even though their attack and defense were equal!

(Damage: 4+2(Base Damage Bonus: Strength)+2(All-Out Attack)=8 vs. Resist: 1)

Madman didn't expect to fail his dodge at all, and as a result took a very strong punch to the face. (Madman198237: -7 Stamina, -2 Ki) At least Wolfhunter seemed tired from using his technique.

(Wolfhunter: -3 Stamina, -1 Ki(technique cost))

RAM choose to dodge attacks, but unlike Madman, also unleashed a swipe of his costume's blade at ATHATH!

(Attack: 10+2(Base Accuracy Bonus)=12 vs. Dodge: 8)

RAM's attack was the first to actually hit, and furthermore, he was lucky enough(rolled a 10) that his attack was critical, though it still didn't help his damage... normally.

(Damage: 8+2(Technique)=10 vs. Resist: 5)

A flash of Ki ran through RAM's costume's blades, amplifying the damage ATHATH took. (ATHATH: -5 Stamina(base damage), -1 Ki(Technique special effect))

Draignean took a practiced stance of some kind, then choose only to dodge attacks. A few moments later, crazyabe charged him, focusing only on attacking!

(Attack: 6+1(Base Accuracy Bonus, improved by technique usage)+2(All-Out Attack)=9 vs. Dodge: 2+3(Dodge Bonus)+2(Only Dodge Bonus)=7)

In the end, crazyabe took the advantage, successfully striking his opponent.

(Damage: 6+4(Base Damage Bonus)+2(All-Out Attack)=12 vs. Resist: 8)

Draignean took the Muscle Master's ridiculously strong punch fairly well. (Draignean: -4 Stamina)

Finally, Dustan Hache launched an attack on OceanSoul. (Attack: 4+1(Base Accuracy Bonus)-2(Rumble Penalty)=3 vs. Dodge: 7)

While OceanSoul wasn't focused on dodging but rather on blocking, Dustan Hache was shook up enough that he missed(Dustan Hache: -1 Stamina(technique cost)).

Spoiler: Statuses (click to show/hide)
Do note this is a very number-heavy system, if you notice any mistake at all, please let me know.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 11:10:46 am by FallacyofUrist »
Generic Arms Race.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: Mighty Fists: An Arms Race Test(8/8!): Turn 1: Fighting Intensifies!
« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2017, 12:32:54 pm »

Question: no chance to dodge oceansouls rumbled effect?
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 03, 2017, 12:42:35 pm »

Trying to dodge the ground shaking.

Not unless you can fly.
Generic Arms Race.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2017, 12:57:36 pm »

Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2017, 02:36:56 pm »

Trying to dodge the ground shaking.

Not unless you can fly.
There's a thing called jumping..
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5