Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we leave planet Earth

No it is really <comfy> here :^)
Sorry what was the question?
The galaxy is a hoax, nothing exists outside of planet earth.
Why don't scientists do something useful like fix the economy instead?
We don't need to go to vacuum in space, we have vacuums here.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 30

Author Topic: Stellaris: Never leave Earth  (Read 83079 times)

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
Re: Stellaris: Never leave Earth
« Reply #135 on: November 28, 2017, 08:14:19 pm »

Does this mean we can send the galaxy memes full of obscure middle ages sexual inuendos while telling them, to KYS kindly? Because if so everyone is doomedabout to be enlightened.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 29, 2017, 03:04:59 am »

Quick check here: We've given our sapient robotic friends (whose brains have been designed so that they view work as something pleasurable rather than boring or tedious, of course) full-citizenship rights, right?

How big is the Belmascoan nation and their network of vassals now? They've recently been making quite a few friends, it seems. Doesn't it cost influence for them to keep other nations as vassals?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #137 on: November 29, 2017, 07:08:55 am »

Does this mean we can send the galaxy memes full of obscure middle ages sexual inuendos while telling them, to KYS kindly? Because if so everyone is doomedabout to be enlightened.
Thoral left her nutrient post,
It was sleep she wanted the most.
Following good job protocol,
Fulfilling her Adnori role,
She left on an Adnori stroll,
And wearing a furred camisole,
Rested a tired Adnori soul.

Down a great spiral Thoral dreamed,
Floating down a river it seemed,
She encountered a tall blue door,
Built from trees never seen before,
With the gentle turn of a key,
The door swung open, but look! See!
What madness clung to this new room,
What trumpeting flamed revelry!
What odd and bare-skinned mammal fiends,
Whose nightmare have I stumbled in?
Whose fevered mind did this hell bring?
This cacophony demons sing!

Electricity through her skin,
The fiends invited her within:
'You may not know us now but will,
For humans remain friendly still,
Worry not whether we're mad as sin,
For you see fluffy Adnor friend,
It is not our minds who made this,
But it is your mind we're within.'

Quick check here: We've given our sapient robotic friends (whose brains have been designed so that they view work as something pleasurable rather than boring or tedious, of course) full-citizenship rights, right?
Nah, the synths have no rights. The spiritualist faction popped instead of the materialist one because we're psionics now, as a result Earth has discovered synths have no souls and so do not deserve rights, with synth rights and intelligence actually being dangerous to true soulful lifeforms.

How big is the Belmascoan nation and their network of vassals now? They've recently been making quite a few friends, it seems. Doesn't it cost influence for them to keep other nations as vassals?
You gain influence for having protectorates, which then get turned into regular vassals after they close the tech gap. After that the Belmacosans integrate them into the Belmacosan Republic and start the process anew, making protectorates of the states which are on their now-expanded borders.

2363:09:17: The terrafriending of Mars begins, the original plans for the Second Utopia finally see realistic chances of completion in the future. The whole project requires inordinate sums of cash to be completed, which is raised by selling considerable quantities of advanced goods to the Belmacosans at competitive prices. The Belmacosans had a surplus of energy credits, we a surplus of materiel, the arrangement suited us both splendidly.
2364:01:15: The Ayy Lmao Earth Defence Force are reinforced with a four year plan to raise four psionic commando corps alongside them.

Spoiler: 2364:12:18 (click to show/hide)
The Mandasura Berserkers go to war with the Hiffnar lion-people of the Hiffnar Combine. The Hiffnar had weaker weapons and defence technologies, less-trained admirals and less planets, thus the outcome seemed apparent from the start.

Spoiler: 2366:03:07 (click to show/hide)
The Hiffnar lose to the Mandasurans, many of their planets falling under the leafy boots of the dreaded berserkers. Every single Hiffnar in all of their planets are eradicated in 2 years.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
All except one planet called Vord-Ka-Torb, hidden in the Yothmore Shroud. On this planet a single Hiffnar pop escaped destruction at the hands of the Mandasuran berserkers.

We send the Hiffnar remnant regular food shipments and 400 minerals to revive their species from the brink of extinction. The Hiffnar, previously considering us as enemies, now realize we truly mean to be friends. Also of note is that the Hiffnar evolved to live upon deserts and were now stuck on a glacier world... They needed all the help they could get.

2368:12:04: The Mandasuran Berserkers go to war with the Panaxala Principality. On this infamous day, the Belmacosans threatened Earth with war.
The Belmacosans it seems, had become drunk off of their increasing power as first amongst equals. Annexing star Empire after star Empire, they looked to Earth - that nation who gave them so much, as a tributary to be incorporated. We made it clear enough that utopia was not a matter of compromise, utopia was absolute, and thus we would rather war than submit.
They respected their old friend, and had the good sense knocked back into them, to respect their own values. The psychological impact however, of being threatened by our greatest ally, would be immeasurable for aeons to come.

2369:07:20: Genemixers embark upon a UN project to genetically engineer all Earthling humans into becoming incredibly physically resilient beings, to parallel our increasing resilience of the mind.
Spoiler: 2370:02:17 (click to show/hide)
The Adnoran War Machine reawakens.

2370:02:22: Against all odds, President Qiang Shen emerges from the background of failed politics to win the UN Presidential Election, hailing the greatest political comeback ever seen in human history, in an inspirational effort that would make Hercules hesitate.
Spoiler: 2370:03:22 (click to show/hide)
Exactly one month after election, President Qiang Shen dies at age 100, but lives on forever as a legend.

2370:05:09: With no President, the Adnorans smell weakness and demand Earth's submission. The Adnorans are politely requested to wait until after the mourning period is over to talk politics.
2370:06:03: The Belmacosa Republic declares war upon the Mandasuran Berserkers. As they possess no clear access to one another by hyperlane, it is largely a cold war with no combat taking place.
2370:06:20: President Antonella Riveros is elected President of Earth.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 29, 2017, 05:52:32 pm »

Man voted here in just so they could claim to have had a century-old president to contradict all the races which diss us for being 'short-lived'- we got tired of this new form of 'short jokes'.
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #139 on: November 29, 2017, 08:46:03 pm »

Man voted here in just so they could claim to have had a century-old president to contradict all the races which diss us for being 'short-lived'- we got tired of this new form of 'short jokes'.
And it's rather unfair for us to be stereotyped as short lived, when the Adnori are considerably shorter lived - but it seems, there's more jests aimed at you when you're not aiming guns at the galaxy ;P

Spoiler: 2372:05:11 (click to show/hide)
With the Mandasuran Berserkers invading the Pallyrians, their northern border was left undefended and ripe for the taking. This fact was not lost upon the Adnori State, whose military-industrial complex was itching to justify its regained government influence. The result would be the Mandasurans fighting a two-front war against a superior foe, and for the first time in recorded history, the Mandasuran homeworld of Thriving Green is bombarded from orbit. Mankind watches as the Adnori unleash their full ordnance upon the verdant jungles of Thriving Green, incinerating countless Mandasuran alive, indiscriminately targeting all forests whether they be civilian or military.

2374:07:28: The Mandasuran Berserkers are thrown into shock and disarray. For the first time in their species' history they have been bested by xenos and are utterly powerless to stop them. Amidst all of this the militiarist faction "the Martial Order of the Thorn" combats the Mandasuran supremacist faction, arguing that the supremacists have made the Mandasurans weak, refusing to learn and study from the other aliens who had gained technological advantages over them. This was now their punishment. Succeeding in their bid for power, the Mandasurans reformed their government, and for the first time ever opened diplomatic channels with interstellar states.

The central government itself would be unable to stop the militiarist faction from gaining power, as the Capital world of the Mandasurans fell to an Adnori invasion. Legions upon legions of Adnori clones swept forth to eliminate the Mandasurans. Though the Mandasurans fought bravely, having lost orbital supremacy, defeat was assured.

2375:09:17: Humanity makes it into the shroud, piercing the veil with their mind - but retreats before going any further into this newfound dimension.
Spoiler: 2378:09:19 (click to show/hide)
Mars is remade.
t. Terrafriends

2380:06:13: The Mandasuran-Belmacosa peace treaty is signed, negotiating an equal truce.
2380:09:05: The martian logistical ships land and establish information, logistic and energy networks all across Mars, making this the first UN colony in the history of mankind, 180 years after we assumed command of Earth.
2380:09:17: President Antonella Riveros is re-elected President of Earth.
2382:05:04: The Mandasuran-Adnori peace treaty is signed. Despite losing terribly, the Mandasurans were resilient and the Adnori could not further press their advantages. As a result the only concession that was forced from them was the destruction of a frontier outpost - a largely symbolic gesture of defeat, but no real defeat. Thus while the Mandasurans felt humiliated, their Empire emerged stronger.
2382:12:21: The Xeno Liberty Watch faction is founded on Earth and Mars, to guarantee the welfare of all xenos.

Spoiler: 2385:09:01 (click to show/hide)
The Wacegi High Kingdom is conquered by the Adnori State, its entire species is enslaved.

Spoiler: 2386:07:13 (click to show/hide)
After the Alpha Centauri system defected to Earth, we found the Mandasurans had built many stations there. These undefended stations were ripe targets for piracy, but we didn't mind, as we intended to deconstruct the stations ourselves. The pirates were all wiped out by the Adnori state.

2387:03:08: The Xeltek Assembly, now a close partner of Earth, makes peace with the Yssravannar Pious State. They force the Yssravannar to stop all atrocities and capture some of their planets; the remnants of the Yssravannar are then vassalized by the Belmacosans.
2387:11:27: We sign an open border treaty with the Havarigga Regime.
2389:07:22: The Second Mandasuran Hiffnar war begins, the Xeltek Lagin-Chuuz war begins, the Adnoran Queptilium War begins.
2390:05:19: The Mandasurans conquer the Hiffnar remnants, who flee as refugees to outer worlds. Because of the support given by the Earthlings, the Hiffnar species escapes extinction. The Adnorans make peace with the Queptiliums, enslaving their species.
2390:12:22: President Antonello Riveros is re-elected.
2390:12:28: The Adnori declare war upon the Belmacosa, we rush to the defence of the Belmacosa and end up in the war. We make no preparations for defending Earth, as we confirm that the Mandasurans have refused access to the Adnori and the Adnori do not possess our jump drives, rendering Earth impregnable.
2391:03:13: The Xeltek Lagin'Chuuz war ends, with some Lagin-Chuuz refugees ending up joining our Utopia on Mars!
2396:10:23: The Union of Traditional Values forms on Earth, campaigning for more spiritualism in legislature.

2400:01:07: Humans report seeing a surplus of robotic workforce units, working efficiently, but having been ordered by no humans. The robots are deconstructed, and nothing anomalous or dysfunctional can be identified in them.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 30, 2017, 03:43:17 am »

Nah, the synths have no rights. The spiritualist faction popped instead of the materialist one because we're psionics now, as a result Earth has discovered synths have no souls and so do not deserve rights, with synth rights and intelligence actually being dangerous to true soulful lifeforms.
This is an outrage! So what if synths "have no souls"?! They are sapient, and that is what matters! You are not egalitarians- you are slavers!

So what will we do when the Belmacosans absorb every other empire in the galaxy except for us? Submit to them as vassals?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 30, 2017, 11:09:32 am »

It seems that this whole psi business has introduced some... unfortunate bias. We should endeavor to reverse this. Bots are people too, regardless of what kind of space magic powers their thinky bits.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 30, 2017, 11:20:02 am »

Provided they're actually people... a difficult distinction, and we should err on the side of mercy.
One wheel short of a wagon

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #143 on: November 30, 2017, 06:29:58 pm »

« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 06:37:20 pm by Loud Whispers »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #144 on: November 30, 2017, 06:32:24 pm »

Hmmm... Something is wrong. Our psionics feel incredibly hungry, but it is not their hunger that fuels this. It's interfering with our messages though...?

Spoiler: 2400:11:16 (click to show/hide)
It seems to be coming from outside of the galaxy! We make peace with the Adnori, focusing all of our attention on this blinding beacon of hunger.

Oh no

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 30, 2017, 10:04:53 pm »

Provided they're actually people... a difficult distinction, and we should err on the side of mercy.

Yeah I AGREE FREE THE RBOT-ANDROID-AI's !

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 30, 2017, 10:07:10 pm »

Hmmm... Something is wrong. Our psionics feel incredibly hungry, but it is not their hunger that fuels this. It's interfering with our messages though...?

Spoiler: 2400:11:16 (click to show/hide)
It seems to be coming from outside of the galaxy! We make peace with the Adnori, focusing all of our attention on this blinding beacon of hunger.

Oh no

These guys look slightly upset, perhaps if we bake them a cake that would help? They seem hungry and horny so as long as we make them dinner and mate with them they will be happy, right?
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 10:08:54 pm by Paxiecrunchle »

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 30, 2017, 11:14:45 pm »

Now you just need to delay them until you can do something about them. But for the love of all that's good, NOT the psionic apocalypse route, as the attack power of it is proportionate to the number of planets and pops you lose... which, in this case, would probably make it the most pathetic apocalyptic thingy in Stellaris ever.
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 30, 2017, 11:40:40 pm »

Actually, maybe that would give you the actual possibility of defeating it.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #149 on: December 01, 2017, 10:56:47 am »

It has entered the galaxy besides us.

2401:01:25: The Second Mandasuran-Adnori war begins.
2401:02:02: We successfully enter deeper into the shroud, increasing the evasion of our ships.
2401:03:20: President Imamu Zangwa is elected.
2401:09:12: A robot begins asking its foreman if it has a soul, with this virus spreading to all robots in its immediate vicinity. The spiritualist faction uses this as proof we are playing the part of false gods, and must at once cease the use of CyberIA autonomous artificial intelligences. Despite CyberIA's protests, UN regulation stops the use of AI approaching the sapient.

2401:09:05: Mars gains independence, forming the Union of Mars.
The very next day Earth and Mars form the Bright Entente, vowing to keep our understanding of family for eternity.

And that brings us up to date!
Some things to note, I'm thinking of installing the and ship classes mod, which'll add some more ship techs ship classes, with most of my interest on capital ships. I like seeing the AI throwing around giant ships! Another thing to note, the arrival of the Prethoryn scourge is imminently worrying. For this reason I'm not gonna do anything until we've got a coherent plan or until Monday, whichever comes first.

These guys look slightly upset, perhaps if we bake them a cake that would help? They seem hungry and horny so as long as we make them dinner and mate with them they will be happy, right?
Hmmm

:[

Actually, maybe that would give you the actual possibility of defeating it.
Perhaps, but that would take 50 years at the least and a whole lot of luck, we'd be dead by then.

They have fleets of 100k strength by standard, this is far above what anyone else has, and does not factor in them having multiple such fleets.

Citizens of Earth, I do believe it is time to build warships? We can legally build federation ships to protect Earth, but I should also quite like to declare a state of emergency and build ships also under the flag of the UN of Earth. Once the Mandasurans are gone then it will be us next.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 30