No
- 0 (0%)
noooo?
- 5 (38.5%)
YES!!!
- 8 (61.5%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 39

Author Topic: Dominions 4 Round 28 - [Finished]  (Read 48194 times)

Marmaduke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4 Round 28 - Black Magic and Rollbacks, is there a differences?
« Reply #510 on: February 17, 2018, 01:49:56 pm »

What is the standard answer to Wish for Armageddon? Astral corruption?

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: February 17, 2018, 03:24:12 pm »

Nah, you just wish for Armageddon back twice, to show them you don't care.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: February 17, 2018, 03:35:34 pm »

It's capture thrones and win the game, because seriously, who casts Wish?

(Except don't do that, this thread is amazing)
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: February 17, 2018, 05:37:30 pm »

While astral corruption will make whoever wants to cast it to pause, whoever throws that global up will be the target of almost everyone's attacks. Unfortunately, it becomes a witch hunt trying to figure out who cast it. Astral corruption is usually the answer for arcane nexus going up that cant be dispelled, although if you don't have blood then wish for armageddon looks to be a good answer.

Now that I've had time to think about it, since bandar log stalled, there is no way they could have cast it, the thing with agartha was a joke because they haven't shown any signs of astral magic. So my original assumption is wrong. The highest I could possibly get is astral 4 and in all seriousness casting it would be shooting myself in the foot. So that leaves Arco, who is very possible but unlikely since they want gold for mages. Ctis, who is in the same catagory as agartha. Marignon, who is possible but probably using all their gems on angels. Then finally oceania, who is most likely since they already had arcane nexus up.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 06:02:50 pm by etgfrog »
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: February 17, 2018, 08:13:47 pm »

I even had it up twice and got nothing from it.

Wish is a good idea, it can't be overcast, like every other global i put up.

Marmaduke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: February 18, 2018, 04:14:06 pm »

Thinking about it, I guess the goal might not have been to hurt the economy but instead to actually kill the unit who cast Arcane Nexus. This way, instead of Dispelling the global (and possibly needing to dispel it again two turns later like it happened with Oceania's) it would both cancel the global and remove the caster.

Which could be a good idea if this caster was not protected. I am unsure the protection is actually adequate (did not plan for that and I do not know what is the mechanical effect of the Armageddon on units), but so far so good.

I am terrible at this endgame btw. I do not know how to use my toys, and people beat me with my own toys.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: February 18, 2018, 06:21:22 pm »

It may also just be breaking everyone else's toys since theirs are already broken. If all the other toys break, it doesn't matter as much if yours got smashed earlier.

Or it could be Agartha sneaking with the Astral because they plan on going full gem economy.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 06:23:01 pm by E. Albright »

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: February 18, 2018, 06:34:13 pm »

It may also just be breaking everyone else's toys since theirs are already broken. If all the other toys break, it doesn't matter as much if yours got smashed earlier.

Or it could be Agartha sneaking with the Astral because they plan on going full gem economy.

My strongest source of Astral is my Pretender. Who started with S3. He died once, so S2 now.

And besides, wrecking gold income isn't exactly 100% in my interests, where would I get my wallbreakers then? Gate Cleavers just eat into the same pool of resources that I'm already utilizing, so don't say that.

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: February 18, 2018, 07:24:36 pm »

Endgame is easy, get people to give you gems to disspell something, then put up that same thing on your own ; )

I'm fairly sure that pretenders will be the units standing the longest, even the small ones have huge dominion bonus hp and all that.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: February 18, 2018, 10:00:14 pm »

And besides, wrecking gold income isn't exactly 100% in my interests, where would I get my wallbreakers then? Gate Cleavers just eat into the same pool of resources that I'm already utilizing, so don't say that.

Wouldn't expect anything else; just being thorough - although if their mindful wall minders are dead, there's less need to worry about efficient gate crashing.

But if the peanut gallery is making uneducated guesses, I'd put all my peanuts on the player who accompanied their first Nexus cast with a promise to chain-wish for Armageddon if anyone set foot in the water several pages back to be burning the world for the sake of doing it.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: February 19, 2018, 03:53:34 am »

It must have been well timed punishment for the latest disspell then, even in the same turn!

All my little plans have been foiled and all my big battles lost, but I know just what to do.

Start another war, its what I did after I failed at emror, its what I did after I failed at Bandar Log and now that I failed at C'tis, I'm coming for you Arco (sorry).

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: February 19, 2018, 06:20:56 pm »

Ran out of time to spend on the turn, random shut down sapped my enthusiasm, so on and so forth. 12 hours please? Sorry about this.

Glory to United Forenia!

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #522 on: February 19, 2018, 07:28:21 pm »

have 24

(Edit: The page for extensions literally auto-fills that in at this point for me)
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: February 22, 2018, 04:40:08 am »

Sorry, sorry. Family things came up and I've been motivationally dead for the past few days. I'm doing it now though. Expect my turn to be in an hour or two.

Akhier, please ensure you get your turn in too, ok?

Glory to United Forenia!

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #524 on: February 22, 2018, 07:22:57 pm »

So I didn't. That happens when work decides to schedule me with long hours and then have a late night followed by an early morning. I will just live with it.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 39