Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 29

Author Topic: River of Lost Souls: IC Thread  (Read 48566 times)

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
  • The sword cuts with finality when guided by wisdom
    • View Profile
Re: River of Lost Souls: IC Thread
« Reply #120 on: September 30, 2017, 09:29:01 pm »

Nagisa shook her head. "There's no need to mistake a mere machine, a complex tool made by human hands, to be a supernatural creature."

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 01, 2017, 03:24:19 am »

HighEndNoob (Gaius/Gai) (IVDf VIPw IIIPc IIIWt)

I knew it. guess it's up to me to turn this body's life around. Wait, SMOKE?

Go out to meat Rico and see what the smoke is about.

"Hmm?" grunts your new mother, sniffing the air. "I don't--"

You head to the living room. This presupposed "Rico" guy set his umbrella in the bin and tucked his shoes neatly within a compartment in the wall.
The smell of smoke gets stronger. But, your mother doesn't seem to think so:

"What? You've been smoking? You know children aren't supposed to smoke!"

It seems odd, but neither of the two persons in the room are reacting as if there's a fire.

Ozarck (Di/Makiko) (4Df 3Pw 7Pc 2Wt)

"She has a yokai of machinery!"

Whisper the above to Nagisa. Creep back to the other room.

As you retreat into the narrow room with the window, the cabinets, and the sink, you hear the woman talking.

"Nagisa, are you in there?" She shouts through the door, testing the doorknob and vigorously shaking it. "Open up! It's late!"

Although you hear the muffled voice through the door and walls, there is another noise that you hear. It sounds like whispering. Answer her, it beckons. Answer her yourself.

Spoiler: Items (click to show/hide)

Sir Elventide (Giovanna/Nagisa) (3Df 3Pw 4Pc 6Wt)

Turning to frown at Makiko, Nagisa whispered, "What's a yokai, anyway?"

Awaiting Makiko's answer, Nagisa turned back toward the woman waiting outside. Though she wasn't sure, there was something about her that made her uncomfortable. Perhaps the previous Nagisa have had some bad history with this woman. Perhaps she could trust her gut feelings about people. After all, it's likely that there were some memories still left in this body's head concerning her and why Nagisa is feeling this way.

Keep quiet and attempt to remember who this woman is

You are unable to draw back on specific memories, so the remaining possibility is to wait and puzzle it out.

"Nagisa, are you in there?" She shouts through the door, testing the doorknob and vigorously shaking it. "Open up! It's late!"

Nagisa shook her head. "There's no need to mistake a mere machine, a complex tool made by human hands, to be a supernatural creature."

And then, after she's done shouting, you begin to hear it: A subtle grinding of heavy gears, a sound quite unlike those of the sleek, fast-moving vehicles you saw earlier, like an empty millstone turning on itself.
Whatever it is, it's outside and you can't observe it easily from your firing position next to the rear door, being across from the wall of the building that has the window and front door. To your right is Makiko, hiding in the small room with the other window.

Wunderkatze (Ryzard/Mitsuru) (0Df 7Pw 4Pc 5Wt)

Mitsuru shelters in the tech store, wipes the screen dry and tries again. Although Mitsuru could probably try to just remember her connections, she'd rather not trust the impressions of her past self.

You attempt to thrust open the doors. PULL, it reads. Better try that again.

You grab the doors and thrust them sideways. Within there are display stands featuring electronics similar to your own. At the counter to your left, a male clerk is describing a piece's function to a mother and her young child.
Over at the far corner of the shop, you spot a high schooler wearing a bright yellow rainjacket. His demeanor bothers you somewhat. Whether it's his wild blonde hair, his tendency to angle himself away from the rest of the shop like he's hiding something, or his awkward location in the shop, something doesn't seem right.

You wipe your phone and get back to browsing your chat history. It seems that Mitsuru was investigating the club previously by asking about the club's activities. Apparently your goal is to build a humanoid "robot," and fight others in a deathmatch--
A shadow tilts over your hands. Looking up, you see the guy from before, staring at you through his glasses.

"Have you met with yours yet?" he asks you.

Spoiler: Notes/Status (click to show/hide)

killerhellhound (Lanfrank/Ryo) (5Df 4Pw 3Pc 4Wt)

Well time to improvise

Supporting myself on the handrail I force a grin "Just needed time to think and thought this was a good idea"

There must be another easier way up if this man was able to get up here with out assistance but what?

"Heh, I like the way you think, son. Some people just take things too quickly. Then their brain rots away cause they don't ever put it to real use," He places an arm to his hip.
"Well anyway," he suddenly changes his tone. "I've got to get going. If this is all planned, then I bet you're ready to deal with the consequences, eh?"

Spoiler: Items and Status (click to show/hide)
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 01, 2017, 03:34:23 am »

"You'll have to be more specific than that," Mitsuru scoffs.

Listen to him, but keep on profiling my contacts, did I have a boy friend? Friends? Family? Any recent/important conversations with them.
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 01, 2017, 03:41:36 am »

"You'll have to be more specific than that," Mitsuru scoffs.

Listen to him, but keep on profiling my contacts, did I have a boy friend? Friends? Family? Any recent/important conversations with them.

It seems that your conversations with friends and family are not too-well recorded on this device. Or perhaps you had little in the way of both. You do have a couple of generic messages from "Mom" and "Onii-san," such as 'I'll pick you up outside the library' or 'make sure you're home by 7:00 PM' and such.

As for the guy, he points without a word. Over your head. Toward the back window.

You recognize a familiar monstrous extradimensional creature staring at you through the glass double-doors.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 01, 2017, 09:47:41 am »

Whispering to Nagisa

"It's speaking in my head. It's telling me to answer her!"

resist the urge to answer. Try to discern where the voice is coming from - from who or what.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 01, 2017, 10:12:50 pm »

A chill runs down Mitsuru's spine, she takes a few careful steps back in the fashion that a gazelle might back away from a lion. During this time she recalls all manner of violence that she learned in her previous life but unfortunately for her she has only ever killed people, never a beast of horrible living anguish and darkness.

With a quivering lip she speaks, "You better start explaining. Now."

Locate the exits, run if the beast enters and if this idiot here comes closer pitch him towards the beast with some hand and leg moves.
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 03, 2017, 04:50:13 am »

It's a bump!

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 03, 2017, 06:37:43 am »

A little climb never killed anyone but I'm going to take a breather first still got a lot of floors to go

Let the man pass and get my breath back then get to my floor and look around
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 03, 2017, 08:13:32 pm »

What in the... you know, I'm not even going to question anything else in this world. It'll just confuse me more.

Examine my 'brother' and listen in on the conversation my mother will likely have with him.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 03, 2017, 09:24:45 pm »

Nagisa narrowed her eyes. 'What is she up to now?' she thought as she slowly backed away from the door. Hearing Makiko muttering to herself nearby, Nagisa:

Places herself protectively in front of her and aim her crossbow at the door. Though she still decided to not open fire until the woman shows herself as a threat, that doesn't mean that she cannot react appropriately to whatever surprises she have in store for them.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 07, 2017, 05:02:24 am »

(I bump it and then don't post for 2-3 days >.<)

HighEndNoob (Gaius/Gai) (IVDf VIPw IIIPc IIIWt)

What in the... you know, I'm not even going to question anything else in this world. It'll just confuse me more.

Examine my 'brother' and listen in on the conversation my mother will likely have with him.

Your brother is wearing a sleek black uniform with green trims on the rims and edges. But contrary what your mother implied, people do not set themselves on fire in this world. He seems fine.

Expecting your mother to accost Rico about the necessity of coming home on time and planning trips ahead of time, it comes as a surprise when all she says is "Welcome home!" and then sniffs the air audibly, turning back to you.
"I don't smell anything," she asks. "But, back to what I was saying..."

Through the now-open door in the living room, the hall appears lit with the red-how glow of a blazing inferno.

Ozarck (Di/Makiko) (4Df 3Pw 7Pc 2Wt)

Whispering to Nagisa

"It's speaking in my head. It's telling me to answer her!"

resist the urge to answer. Try to discern where the voice is coming from - from who or what.

There is an odd duality to the whispers. One moment it sounds like indecipherable noise, like heavy, rusty objects grinding against each other. In the next, the pitches align to form human speech patterns. It is like insanity itself has taken hold in your mind.

To help you concentrate, you shut the window, and the noise becomes much quieter and muffled by the glass. With that, it's just an incomprehensible mess in your ears. The whispering is gone.

You hear a thud from the living room, though judging by its muffled nature it probably happened outside close to the door or window. Nagisa looks startled.

You then see a slow flash, and hear a voice in the living room. A third person in the house, talking to Nagisa.

Sir Elventide (Giovanna/Nagisa) (3Df 3Pw 4Pc 6Wt)

Nagisa narrowed her eyes. 'What is she up to now?' she thought as she slowly backed away from the door. Hearing Makiko muttering to herself nearby, Nagisa:

Places herself protectively in front of her and aim her crossbow at the door. Though she still decided to not open fire until the woman shows herself as a threat, that doesn't mean that she cannot react appropriately to whatever surprises she have in store for them.

Through the window, which is near the door, you see a glowing object pass by, and a loud thud outside the door. The sound of a human hitting concrete, and then a pair of footsteps: a second person, walking boldly yet softly.
A hand twists the doorknob, which does not budge. At first, it seems to have given up, but then--

The room fills with light, and shadows dance across the walls. A human figure, the light's source, strides through the door, a girl in white, wearing luminescent robes trailing with long golden tassels, frankly a ridiculous getup compared to what you've seen thus far. She looks like some member of the nobility.

"Who was that woman?" she asks bluntly, apparently unaware that walking through walls is abnormal. [glow=yellow]"Was she chasing you?"[/glow]
You notice a glint in her disappointed eyes as she registers the makeshift crossbow aimed at her face.

Wunderkatze (Ryzard/Mitsuru) (0Df 7Pw 4Pc 5Wt)

A chill runs down Mitsuru's spine, she takes a few careful steps back in the fashion that a gazelle might back away from a lion. During this time she recalls all manner of violence that she learned in her previous life but unfortunately for her she has only ever killed people, never a beast of horrible living anguish and darkness.

With a quivering lip she speaks, "You better start explaining. Now."

Locate the exits, run if the beast enters and if this idiot here comes closer pitch him towards the beast with some hand and leg moves.

The beast takes slow steps toward the glass, staring with its cold black eyes, blacker than the rest of its necrotized body.

On the other side, the stranger meets your gaze with his own cold, optically magnified expression. Underneath the raincoat you notice a uniform not unlike that boy's from before.
Again he finds little use for words, stepping in front of you with an arm outstretched to block you. Or is he shielding you?
The beast of shadows, appeased by the gesture, sits down on its front limbs not unlike a dog patiently waiting.

The stranger then outstretches his other arm. At once he gains a brightly glowing surcoat, tinged with purple, and a howling wind fills the store. Your body flinches and you find yourself almost slipping on the now-frozen floor. Looking at the counter you see that the cashier and the customers are frozen, icicles dripping from their arms and chins.
He then turns to face you. "I will explain your situation here," he says. "My name was once Nikolai Abramovich Bazarov. Most likely, you never heard of my country."

Spoiler: Notes/Status (click to show/hide)

killerhellhound (Lanfrank/Ryo) (5Df 4Pw 3Pc 4Wt)

A little climb never killed anyone but I'm going to take a breather first still got a lot of floors to go

Let the man pass and get my breath back then get to my floor and look around

You finish the last stretch, and make it to your quarters. A spacious living area! To one side is a kitchen, and in it you find an unfinished batch of vegetables being prepared for a meal. Walking into the living room, you find that the space juts out into the outside of the building, with a gigantic window taking up one entire half of the room.

Your room, as well as your parents', are in a hallway to the left, while on the right there is a hallway branching into various rooms. On the right of the second hallway, there is a room for playing board games such as chess, as well as a game where one shoots a ball around with a stick. On the left, there is a small library filled with books, and also an office with strange glowing boxes that give off a hum and emit a cool blue glow.

Inside your room, you find papers (which you can read) which appear to be... aptitude tests of some sort. It seems that whomever took these tests got high marks, and even a commendation from the teacher at some points. The walls contain portraits of famous characters, though you can hardly dig deep enough into this body's memories to find out, and under your bed is a... metal case. Inside there are paper boxes with small brass cylinders the size of your fingertips.

Spoiler: Items and Status (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 11:58:47 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 07, 2017, 06:13:06 pm »

That might just be a fireplace, but it seems a bit to strong for one... "Yes?"

Go over and check out the blazing red light... after finishing speaking to my mother.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 11:51:10 pm by HighEndNoob »
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 08, 2017, 01:28:19 pm »

"You killed them?" Mitsuru askes meekly.

This body is so frail and useless.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 08, 2017, 06:40:23 pm »

Look out the window again to see the other woman and the rusty gear thing. Then peek out at the lady talking to Nagisa. If she spots me, bow very low to the floor.

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 08, 2017, 10:09:23 pm »

(OOC: I fixed your Glow tag. Basically, you were supposed to add a comma followed by at least a '2,300' after 'glow' to make it work.)

Through the window, which is near the door, you see a glowing object pass by, and a loud thud outside the door. The sound of a human hitting concrete, and then a pair of footsteps: a second person, walking boldly yet softly.
A hand twists the doorknob, which does not budge. At first, it seems to have given up, but then--

The room fills with light, and shadows dance across the walls. A human figure, the light's source, strides through the door, a girl in white, wearing luminescent robes trailing with long golden tassels, frankly a ridiculous getup compared to what you've seen thus far. She looks like some member of the nobility.

"Who was that woman?" she asks bluntly, apparently unaware that walking through walls is abnormal. "Was she chasing you?"
You notice a glint in her disappointed eyes as she registers the makeshift crossbow aimed at her face.

"Your guess is as good as mine. In fact, I don't even know what she was trying to do," Nagisa answered as she continued to keep her crossbow pointed at the strange woman. Sure she knocked the previous woman out, whatever her motives are, but whether she is a friend or a more dangerous enemy remained to be seen.

"I don't even know what's going on anymore," Nagisa continued with a sigh. "However, I digress; what are you?"

Nagisa keep the crossbow aimed at the strange woman as she await her reply.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 29