Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 29

Author Topic: River of Lost Souls: IC Thread  (Read 48680 times)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: River of Lost Souls: IC Thread
« Reply #135 on: October 09, 2017, 02:07:35 am »

HighEndNoob (Gaius/Gai) (IVDf VIPw IIIPc IIIWt)

That might just be a fireplace, but it seems a bit to strong for one... "Yes?"

Go over and check out the blazing red light... after finishing speaking to my mother.

"Gai-san, I just want you to do well in school, okay? I'm hoping you can start off fresh with a clean slate this quarter. Last year was awful."

She... seems to be done, though there is still a tension hanging in the air.

If you go for the door, it'll be a bit suspicious... so you hang out until she goes to her room. Rico pats you on the shoulder. "Finally got one of those lectures?"

Ozarck (Di/Makiko) (4Df 3Pw 7Pc 2Wt)

Look out the window again to see the other woman and the rusty gear thing. Then peek out at the lady talking to Nagisa. If she spots me, bow very low to the floor.

You can't see the woman, as the small window is off to the side of the little home.

You are able to see the machine yokai by sticking your head out of the window. It looks more like a person now that you see it clearly... a statue made of scrap metal and rotating discs.
Its head swivels toward you, so you recede into the building.

When you peek out at the lady talking to Nagisa, she notices you right away.
"But there are... two of you?" she quips.

"There's only one spirit outside. Which means that one of you shouldn't be getting caught up in this..."
She seems to be wearing robes of the glowing variety, dressed like a performer, or perhaps some kind of priestess. And in her hand is... a firework? The fuse is lit.

"But which one..." she mutters to herself.

Spoiler: Items (click to show/hide)

Sir Elventide (Giovanna/Nagisa) (3Df 3Pw 4Pc 6Wt)

Through the window, which is near the door, you see a glowing object pass by, and a loud thud outside the door. The sound of a human hitting concrete, and then a pair of footsteps: a second person, walking boldly yet softly.
A hand twists the doorknob, which does not budge. At first, it seems to have given up, but then--

The room fills with light, and shadows dance across the walls. A human figure, the light's source, strides through the door, a girl in white, wearing luminescent robes trailing with long golden tassels, frankly a ridiculous getup compared to what you've seen thus far. She looks like some member of the nobility.

"Who was that woman?" she asks bluntly, apparently unaware that walking through walls is abnormal. "Was she chasing you?"
You notice a glint in her disappointed eyes as she registers the makeshift crossbow aimed at her face.

"Your guess is as good as mine. In fact, I don't even know what she was trying to do," Nagisa answered as she continued to keep her crossbow pointed at the strange woman. Sure she knocked the previous woman out, whatever her motives are, but whether she is a friend or a more dangerous enemy remained to be seen.

"I don't even know what's going on anymore," Nagisa continued with a sigh. "However, I digress; what are you?"

Nagisa keep the crossbow aimed at the strange woman as she await her reply.

(OOC: Whoops)

"Hmm. When there's a spirit hanging around, there's bound to be a potential recruit," she replies, glowing with a hint of enthusiasm, a sudden shift in character.
"But there are... two of you?" she watches Makiko staring from the corner.

She conjures a tiny rocket out of thin air in her hand, lighting the fuse through some unseen method.

"But which one..." she mutters.

Wunderkatze (Ryzard/Mitsuru) (0Df 7Pw 4Pc 5Wt)

"You killed them?" Mitsuru askes meekly.

This body is so frail and useless.

The empowered stranger's eyes drift toward the counter.
[glow=purple]"They believe themselves to be frozen,"[/glow] he remarks. "That is why they are not moving. But if they were really frozen, you are correct in that they would be dead."

He pulls his hand back, and his robes vanish in an instant. The frozen people remain.

"I fought for the man who starved my family to death, cheered on by the masses. The only thing I hated more than my country was the enemy," he explains, looking past you.
"Though my comrades abandoned me inside that encircled city, pinned by an entrenched and hungry enemy. Perhaps another man, whose morals hadn't been eroded by nihilism, would have gone to heaven instead of being returned to this world."

He looks at you. "When I received this body, I was also stalked by an apparition. But then I realized that the apparition only appeared so due to my psychological presumptions; when you speak with yours, it should all become clear."

Spoiler: Notes/Status (click to show/hide)

killerhellhound (Lanfrank/Ryo) (5Df 4Pw 3Pc 4Wt)

( Skipped, sorry :( )

Spoiler: Items and Status (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 02:11:06 am by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 09, 2017, 06:34:49 am »

"Th-the yokai didn't belong to the other woman?"

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
  • The sword cuts with finality when guided by wisdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 09, 2017, 08:27:07 pm »

Confused by the strange woman's musings, Nagisa lowered her weapon slightly, more bewildered than tensed though she still kept up most of her guard. Listening to Makiko muttering about something grinding against itself outside, Nagisa flinched when the woman materialized a small cylindrical object in her hand. Immediately sparks not unlike those of a lit fuse on a bombard erupted from its base.

Quickly leveling the crossbow at the woman's chest, Nagisa continued. "Mama del Cristo, what are you talking about? Recruit for what? First the two hitmen who's nearly killed me, then that woman and her strange contraption, and now you. Are all of this weirdness due to this 'modern world' or are you people the exception?"

Await the strange woman's answer

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 10, 2017, 08:38:12 pm »

"I suppose so. She does have a point though. This quarter will be quite different."

Free of mother, head over to investigate the blazing light.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 12, 2017, 08:14:06 pm »

take the box and and metal object and put in my bag then explore the rooms there is looking for a snack and somewhere to clean up

(I have a feeling that my body did something illegal, killed himself then got me stuck with the clean up.)
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 13, 2017, 01:00:20 am »

HighEndNoob (Gaius/Gai) (IVDf VIPw IIIPc IIIWt)

"I suppose so. She does have a point though. This quarter will be quite different."

Free of mother, head over to investigate the blazing light.

You assert yourself out the door once Mother heads off somewhere else inside the house and Rico goes to his room.
You start choking and your eyes begin to water. Raging flames cut off both ends of the hall from both sides, only meters away from where you stand. All possible escape routes are cut off.
And yet something strikes you as off. Rico just walked in from the hall...

In all your confusion, you happened to miss the creature at the end of the hall, covered in gleaming feathers. A total of IX heads on long, scaly necks meet into your gaze from the end of the hall, staring with deep-set eyes covered with milky-white translucent eyelids. A single clawed leg steps forward, digging into the stone flooring. Its feathered wings are folded up against its side, the crimson feathers blazing with fire to the same extent as the surrounding inferno.
Rather small for a mythological beast of legend, but it's certainly bigger than you.

Your attention becomes divided by a red-haired spellcaster on the other side of the hall, dressed in an ice-blue uniform. A flurry of glassy orbs float just inches past your head, exploding into a spray of water over the burning creature, then rapidly solidifying into a web of icicles.
"Been waitin' on you for a while," he shouts. "Come along, before the nasty bugger gets out of that,"
He reaches out his hand.

Ozarck (Di/Makiko) (4Df 3Pw 7Pc 2Wt)

"Th-the yokai didn't belong to the other woman?"

"Yokai? That's a strange thing to call them. I guess you're the one?"

The girl points her fist at Nagisa, and lets the rocket go. It whizzes across the room leaving behind a trail of sparks, and it explodes right in Nagisa's face, sending her flying into the wall. She crumples into a heap and drops her crossbow,

"Don't worry, she'll wake up as if nothing happened," she tells you, grinning warmly. "Now, about this 'Yokai'..."

Sir Elventide (Giovanna/Nagisa) (3Df 3Pw 4Pc 6Wt)

Confused by the strange woman's musings, Nagisa lowered her weapon slightly, more bewildered than tensed though she still kept up most of her guard. Listening to Makiko muttering about something grinding against itself outside, Nagisa flinched when the woman materialized a small cylindrical object in her hand. Immediately sparks not unlike those of a lit fuse on a bombard erupted from its base.

Quickly leveling the crossbow at the woman's chest, Nagisa continued. "Mama del Cristo, what are you talking about? Recruit for what? First the two hitmen who's nearly killed me, then that woman and her strange contraption, and now you. Are all of this weirdness due to this 'modern world' or are you people the exception?"

Await the strange woman's answer

She looks at Makiko and responds to her--and then promptly launches the cylindrical object toward you by some means. It explodes in your face, and knocks you back against the wall. Your vision flashes, and then the next thing you know you are slumped against the wall, your crossbow on the floor.
You still have some sense in your arms and legs. Quite frankly, you're surprised you made it this far today, what with being shot once and now this.

You hear her say: "Don't worry, she'll wake up as if nothing happened. Now, about this 'Yokai'..."

(Hint: Magical attacks bypass normal defense. To block, you can allocate defense to an attack you are expecting.)

Wunderkatze (Ryzard/Mitsuru) (0Df 7Pw 4Pc 5Wt)

(Skippe)

Spoiler: Notes/Status (click to show/hide)

killerhellhound (Lanfrank/Ryo) (5Df 4Pw 3Pc 4Wt)

take the box and and metal object and put in my bag then explore the rooms there is looking for a snack and somewhere to clean up

(I have a feeling that my body did something illegal, killed himself then got me stuck with the clean up.)

(But in anime, your friends are always willing to take you in while you're hiding from the police!)

The box is heavy! Much heavier than it looks. It also doesn't seem to fit well in your bag, not without making it huge and bulky. You find that you can stuff it inside, although it looks extremely bulky and is bound to raise suspicion.
Inside the room you find a closet behind a mirror, the only hint being a small raised piece of mirror that acts as a handle. Inside there are uniforms, all of them clean, as well as other clothes. Some of them look like commoner's wear, while others look more professional.

First, looking to clean up, you find a room adorned with pearly stonework, which has another of those ceramic fonts that you saw in the large building from before. There is also a large tub with a similar faucet, presumably for bathing given the room. There's also a white chair with a thin lid over the top... you already have a vague idea of what it's for.
(You can choose another uniform or normal clothes.)

Then, you explore the house and kitchen. There's a white crate inside the kitchen, and to your surprise an icy wind flows out of it when you open the door. Inside there are foodstuffs of all kinds in cold storage, ranging from thinly-sliced meats, to vegetables you've never seen before (and some that you have) and packages of long, brittle, bread-like sticks called "noodles." The instructions on the box say to put them in water for a minute.
Inside your pocket, a piece of glass vibrates in your pocket, displaying moving pictures, and a face you feel that you recognize. You remember the long, light-brown hair... it was that woman from the building before! She is apparently your mother, according to the mysterious device.

Spoiler: Items and Status (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 02:21:23 am by _DivideByZero_ »

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 13, 2017, 01:31:13 am »

She looks at Makiko and responds to her--and then promptly launches the cylindrical object toward you by some means. It explodes in your face, and knocks you back against the wall. Your vision flashes, and then the next thing you know you are slumped against the wall, your crossbow on the floor.
You still have some sense in your arms and legs. Quite frankly, you're surprised you made it this far today, what with being shot once and now this.

You hear her say: "Don't worry, she'll wake up as if nothing happened. Now, about this 'Yokai'..."

(Hint: Magical attacks bypass normal defense. To block, you can allocate defense to an attack you predict.)

(Okay... so the universe seems to want Nagisa/Giovanna to be its chew toy. Not much to do anything about it now...)

Dazed by the sudden attack, Nagisa laid on the floor as she wiggled her fingers and toes to make sure that she can still move. She then momentarily moved a bit to check for any broken bones. Steadying herself, Nagisa slowly stood up, half-expecting the woman to attack her. However, Nagisa felt for some reason that if she wanted her dead, it would've taken only a small amount of effort. Nevertheless, Nagisa was very, very annoyed.

"Listen here, you sparkly little witch," Nagisa growled as she reached for her wooden rod. "Explain yourself, now! I don't know how people treat each other in this modern world but I strongly doubt that even they would like being blasted by fire-propelled armaments, especially by strangers who like wearing silly clothing."

Be prepared to dodge whatever parlor tricks the strange woman throws Nagisa's way as she impatiently awaits her answer.
 If her light-based abilities are anything to go by, Nagisa would cover her eyes to avoid being blinded by possible light-based attacks. (+2 to blindness inducing light)

« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 01:06:41 pm by Sir Elventide »

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 13, 2017, 02:20:49 am »

(Okay... so the universe seems to want Nagisa/Giovanna to be its chew toy. Not much to do anything about it now...)

Nagisa will wake up as soon as she can and confront the strange lady, preferably with the crossbow. If it is not possible to wake up quick enough, she will have a small dream or something

You are already awake. It never seemed to knock you out in the first place... perhaps she is pulling her punches.

(By allocating defense, do you mean taking steps to protect myself from attacks that I know would be sent against me? For example, if I knew that I was about to be attacked by a fire-based attack, would this mean that my character grab something to protect herself from the flame?)

(Sort-of. By "allocate" I mean a numerical value. Each turn, your Defense stat is by default fully allocated toward physical damage--such as when you got shot earlier and didn't take damage. You roll a number of dice equal to your allocated defense in that category and the total number of 4+'s is subtracted from damage.

If you know your opponent is going to use a magical attack, you can allocate your defense to magical attacks instead. You can just write it in parenthesis, like: "Nagisa douses herself in water to block fire attacks" (2 Defense toward fire attacks).)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 13, 2017, 06:48:34 am »

Makiko glances uneasily at Nagisa, then puts her attention back fully on the lady.

"The ... the machine man? the thing of gears and rust? It speaks in my mind. A-are you saying it is mine?

And you wish to recruit me? Are you part of some kind of war band?"

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 13, 2017, 12:40:00 pm »

(Sorry about that. Anyway, I will edit my post short and thanks for the explanation.)

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 13, 2017, 07:46:05 pm »

(Yeah but family always turns you in  :( )

"Well this is going to be awkward. Bullshit don't fail me now"

Answer the call being careful not to say where I am

"Hi mother what is going on?"
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 14, 2017, 05:09:48 am »

(Gonna do a mini update because I feel motivated right now)

Makiko glances uneasily at Nagisa, then puts her attention back fully on the lady.

"The ... the machine man? the thing of gears and rust? It speaks in my mind. A-are you saying it is mine?

And you wish to recruit me? Are you part of some kind of war band?"

"Yep! Every time one of you gets pulled into the world, a monster like that follows you," she explains, calm-tempered in an intimidating sort of way.
"We're trying to stop them. Kill them for good, I mean. Just fighting them won't do it, we're trying to find a way to get rid of them once and for all--"

Dazed by the sudden attack, Nagisa laid on the floor as she wiggled her fingers and toes to make sure that she can still move. She then momentarily moved a bit to check for any broken bones. Steadying herself, Nagisa slowly stood up, half-expecting the woman to attack her. However, Nagisa felt for some reason that if she wanted her dead, it would've taken only a small amount of effort. Nevertheless, Nagisa was very, very annoyed.

"Listen here, you sparkly little witch," Nagisa growled as she reached for her wooden rod. "Explain yourself, now! I don't know how people treat each other in this modern world but I strongly doubt that even they would like being blasted by fire-propelled armaments, especially by strangers who like wearing silly clothing."

Be prepared to dodge whatever parlor tricks the strange woman throws Nagisa's way as she impatiently awaits her answer.
 If her light-based abilities are anything to go by, Nagisa would cover her eyes to avoid being blinded by possible light-based attacks. (+2 to blindness inducing light)

The girl looks wide-eyed, but worst of all, mistaken. She seemed so sure of herself before.

"--two... two of you?" She glances back and forth, her cheeks burning red. "Look, I'm sorry--I thought for sure that you weren't also, er... ahem..."

She addresses both you and Makiko.

"Both of you died once, right? This isn't your first time here, correct?"

You sense that she isn't going to do that again.

"Well this is going to be awkward. Bullshit don't fail me now"

Answer the call being careful not to say where I am

"Hi mother what is going on?"

You hear the woman's voice: "Ryo-chan!"
Then you hear whispering. Or perhaps it isn't whispering--it's as if she is talking to someone else. The device is acting like some sort of crystal ball, allowing you to hear whatever happens on the other end. It sounds like she is saying: He answered the call! I've got him on the phone!

Back to you: "Ryo--are you okay? I was worried sick that you'd gone missing... the police said that they saw you on top of the city center... thank God it wasn't you...

Where are you?"

« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 05:11:27 am by _DivideByZero_ »

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 14, 2017, 08:27:11 am »

"I just needed to get away from things and took a long walk sorry I didn't answer before. "

Return the box to its hiding spot
My Sig

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 14, 2017, 11:09:28 am »

The girl looks wide-eyed, but worst of all, mistaken. She seemed so sure of herself before.

"--two... two of you?" She glances back and forth, her cheeks burning red. "Look, I'm sorry--I thought for sure that you weren't also, er... ahem..."

She addresses both you and Makiko.

"Both of you died once, right? This isn't your first time here, correct?"

You sense that she isn't going to do that again.

Still a bit annoyed, Nagisa raised an eyebrow in curiosity when the girl mentioned them dying before. Perhaps she is on their side.

"Yes," she finally answered as she removed her hand from the wooden rod. "In fact, I don't think that these are our current bodies. Somewhere in another... time, we were different then. I remembered working for an inventor in Venice. Anyway, you seen to understand what's going on more than I do."

Taking a deep breath, Nagisa then:

Asked a few questions such as who was the girl, who was the woman she knocked out, and what are the nature of these 'monsters'.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 14, 2017, 11:17:22 am »

Makiko listens quietly, attentively.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 29