Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 29

Author Topic: River of Lost Souls: IC Thread  (Read 48674 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: River of Lost Souls: IC Thread
« Reply #210 on: November 19, 2017, 10:16:45 am »

Makiko will atack the paws, trying to stay out of Nagisa's way and tryingto distract the beast. Defense should go against flaming plant tendrils. Magic should go into fanning the flames.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: November 21, 2017, 02:22:02 am »

Upon seeing the action Mitsuru looks about the hallway for a traditional fire extinguisher, if she can find one she'll grab it and come back to watch. With a fire extinguisher I should be able to defend against an attacker with a sword.

And since they already saw her, perhaps its a good idea to establish some context. "What's going on? Who are you guys? Why are you fighting?" It's much more like Ryzard to issue demands, but in this case, without the sword, she hardly finds herself in an advantageous position.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 03:22:51 am by WunderKatze »
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: November 23, 2017, 04:45:37 am »

"If we are being targeted, panicking and disunity is not the answer. It'll only get us killed... again."

Gaius walked over to the body to examine it. "Human form you said? What is this man if not a human?"
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: November 26, 2017, 05:27:24 am »

Mitsuru swiftly retrieves the sword. If needed, She delivers a kick to either party if she feels it would advance her goal of getting the sword.

"Now, stop it! Explain. Who are you both? I will kill you if you waste my time."

Behead any who fail to answer quickly, also kill anyone who makes any attacking gesture towards Mitsuru, she knows her own weakness.
Level the sword at the new arrival while keeping the assassin pinned

This is my home and this thing tried to kill me. Who are you to barge into my home throwing death threats?"

Defend myself if attacked by this rude person
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 07:30:15 am by killerhellhound »
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: November 27, 2017, 03:05:20 am »

((Yeah I totally didn't read past my roll, sorry about that lol. I think this warrants some edits on my part, Mitsuru wouldn't move in like that unless she was convinced she could establish an upper hand.))

Such loud clamor is an excellent excuse to enter uninvited.

"Good answer. But try to be a bit more descriptive. What is your name and who are you that you live up here?" Mitsuru asks in the strongest voice she can muster. Her legs shake from the adrenaline.

She turns to the other, "And you, who the hell are you? Answer quickly."

« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 03:22:04 am by WunderKatze »
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: November 28, 2017, 07:36:23 am »

Upon seeing the action Mitsuru looks about the hallway for a traditional fire extinguisher, if she can find one she'll grab it and come back to watch. With a fire extinguisher I should be able to defend against an attacker with a sword.

And since they already saw her, perhaps its a good idea to establish some context. "What's going on? Who are you guys? Why are you fighting?" It's much more like Ryzard to issue demands, but in this case, without the sword, she hardly finds herself in an advantageous position.
Raising an eyebrow at this strangers odd club Lanfrank replied

"I was getting ready for bed when this assassin broke into my home and tried to kill me given that you are also trespassing I don't feel the need to tell you my name or answer any more questions without you telling me who are you to barge into someone elses home?"

Keep the assassin pinned don't let the rude person at the door distract me
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: November 28, 2017, 03:49:40 pm »

"My name is Mitsuru, I heard fighting and the door was open! Do you think anyone called the police?"

It's probably important that the police don't find me... Who is this assassin?

Mitsuru looks over at the supposed assassin."An assassin? Why would someone want to kill you? Is it because you're rich?"

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: November 29, 2017, 02:07:18 am »

HighEndNoob (Gaius/Gai) (IVDf VIPw IIIPc IIIWt)

"If we are being targeted, panicking and disunity is not the answer. It'll only get us killed... again."

Gaius walked over to the body to examine it. "Human form you said? What is this man if not a human?"

"That's not a man," says Chen. "They don't often have that ability. This one must be very old I'd wager. Either that or very young... undeveloped."

He finishes his sentence with a substantial blow to the back of your shoulder. "But you managed to beat him, eh? Unlucky prick."
Chen turns to the others.
"Listen up. Some of you may have doubts about joining up with us. Furthermore, you may think my decision to pressure this guy into fighting a war of souls is a bad thing, seducing him with huge fricken fire swords and all that. But I'll tell you what: You could leave!
Just go back to your daily lives, milling about until you get attacked someday. Then you can come crawling back to us with your soul half ripped-out and old Carrie can stich you back together."

He leans over and whispers. "Old Carrie's the first. First of all of us, people reborn like us, you hear? I'll introduce you sometime."

He finishes: "Now that you've had time to make your choice, you can either go home or come with me to HQ so we can report on the situation."

You'd have expected a call from your mother after a certain point, but so far your phone's remained silent.
Then again... it's not like you could reach into your pocket with all this armor on.

...does your pocket even exist under all this? You sure don't feel your old jeans underneath it.

Ozarck (Di/Makiko) (4Df 3Pw 7Pc 2Wt)

Makiko will atack the paws, trying to stay out of Nagisa's way and tryingto distract the beast. Defense should go against flaming plant tendrils. Magic should go into fanning the flames.

The beast braces itself and towers over the two of you. You attack it together, in one coordinated motion.

Nagisa's new weapon erupts in a blinding flash of fire and smoke; under the cover of mist, you dash through the smoke and slash at the beast's paws with your dagger, aiming at the joint.
[6, 2 rerolls +> 3 - (5 => 2): 1+1 dmg] Your heated blade slices through the foliage linking disparate pieces of wood together. The claw comes right off.

The creature bellows with a roar of anger. Its paw is dismembered, its mask is shattered, and its back is smoldering. Only stumps remain of its root-attack, and your knife hungers for more--its flame certainly hasn't died out.

--> Your target's fatigue is over twice it's defense. Your finisher rolls will gain +1.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Sir Elventide (Giovanna/Nagisa) (3Df 3Pw 4Pc 6Wt)

Her consciousness returning to reality, Nagisa was surprised to find herself holding a strange musket. Though a typical musket weights about 10 pounds, this one was practically light enough to be held with two fingers and has strange designs on the stock and the barrel. In addition, she was wearing some sort of clothing that reminded her of Youka's outfit, almost as if they were simply some sort of projection of something else. In her case, her own outfit looked like a gown with an apron... or at least she thought so. Nevertheless, she had bigger fish to fry.

Glaring at the plant 'demon', Nagisa saw that its eyes were growing red and the fire inside of it wasn't spreading. However, it appeared to be no longer fazed as it returned her stare. Praying that it does not realized that it was now fire-resistant, Nagisa decided to:

Whisper to Makiko concerning the plant 'demon's' weak spots. Shoot the plant 'demon' in the head while dedicating all of Presence to dodging attacks after using all of Wit to predicting them.

As you process the information in your mind, deciding where to aim, the beast lashes out at you with its tendrils. You notice that, this time, they seem to be on fire!

The sudden surprise makes you jump, but you certainly didn't expect the attack. (Last turn you didn't spend any Wit on prediction, so you didn't predict this turn's attacks.)
(5 => 2 - [3 => 1] = 1 dmg) You feel the burning heat lick against your skin as you sidestep it at the very last moment... and now your outfit seems to be smoldering. The tendrils, however, are consumed by the flames... and in a moment's notice they've left behind nothing but ashes next to a crater by your side.

Yet your aim is not obscured. [3 +> 2 >>> 3 damage dealt] You fire, and the rounded wooden mask covering its face snaps in half, revealing another mask: this one resembling that of a lion.
At the same time, Makiko slashes at its paws, severing one of its feet clean off with her heated blade.

The beast's final moves seem all-too-predictable. With its long-ranged extensions burned to ash, it can only attack you physically by running at you on its three remaining feet. At this distance you can simply back off. (Next turn it will charge you. Charges are Homing, so to dodge it you must let your enemy build up speed first.)

Wunderkatze (Ryzard/Mitsuru) (0Df 7Pw 4Pc 5Wt)

"My name is Mitsuru, I heard fighting and the door was open! Do you think anyone called the police?"

It's probably important that the police don't find me... Who is this assassin?

Mitsuru looks over at the supposed assassin."An assassin? Why would someone want to kill you? Is it because you're rich?"

The assassin scowls, and speaks only in taciturn clues: "I have come because I was ordered."

"My master is interested in those like yourself," he says to you.

Spoiler: Notes/Status (click to show/hide)

killerhellhound (Lanfrank/Ryo) (5Df 4Pw 3Pc 4Wt)

Raising an eyebrow at this strangers odd club Lanfrank replied

"I was getting ready for bed when this assassin broke into my home and tried to kill me given that you are also trespassing I don't feel the need to tell you my name or answer any more questions without you telling me who are you to barge into someone elses home?"

Keep the assassin pinned don't let the rude person at the door distract me

The assassin realizes that his chances have run out, so he patiently waits after answering the girl, turning his head to observe the conversation.

"My master is interested in those like yourself," said the assassin. You'd have thought he was talking about you, but he seemed to be looking at the newcomer when he said that...

Combat is over. Re-engaging will give your opponent a chance to predict your attack. Likewise, you will get a chance to predict his escape attempts.

Spoiler: Items and Status (click to show/hide)
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: November 29, 2017, 02:49:37 am »

What? How could he know?

"You mean girls? Well, you can tell him to get in line behind all the other creeps because so far I'm not impressed."

If pursuing people like me brought him here than that can only mean one thing. Mitsuru eyes the sword wielder. I want to hear him say it first...

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
  • The sword cuts with finality when guided by wisdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: November 29, 2017, 04:02:10 pm »

Though her plan worked, Nagisa could see that there were still some fight left in the plant 'demon'. Just how much damage can this thing take? Nevertheless, she can see that the monster will try to charge so she backed up some until she was a foot away of a wall. She knew that the both of them must finish it off quickly so that they can hopefully catch the bus in time. Otherwise, they would have to wait for God knows how long for the next one and Nagisa wasn't in the mood for being targeted by another of those 'demons'. Quickly patting her clothing to extinguish the embers, Nagisa will:

Wait until the creature picks up speed before dodging at the last minute. Once the creature gets stunned after slamming into the wall behind her, Nagisa will finish it off with another shot in the head.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: November 30, 2017, 08:03:00 am »

If the creature charges Makiko, she'll try to leap over it's attack, and attack the smoldering part of it's back. If it goes for Nagisa instead, Makiko will attack another paw as it builds up speed.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: December 01, 2017, 10:37:34 am »

What? How could he know?

"You mean girls? Well, you can tell him to get in line behind all the other creeps because so far I'm not impressed."

If pursuing people like me brought him here than that can only mean one thing. Mitsuru eyes the sword wielder. I want to hear him say it first...
"So I'm not the only one returned" he said looking at the girl in the doorway. Turning back to the assasain

"Now if you know who I am then you know how much I can make you scream.
" Punctuating his point with a light pressure on the sword enough to break skin.

"So who is your boss, why does he want people like us and how did he know we were here?"
My Sig

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: December 01, 2017, 03:47:36 pm »

Returned?

"What does your master want with me?" Mitsuru interjects.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: December 02, 2017, 04:42:50 pm »

"Well joining up you your gang seems to be the only way I can return to something similar to my old life. Plus, the sword is pretty neat, I'll say that."

Will the uniform away and check my 'phone' for any new messages.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: December 09, 2017, 06:29:31 pm »

I wish you all an awesome start to the holidays, and good luck on finals for those who need it (I sure will).

HighEndNoob (Gaius/Gai) (IVDf VIPw IIIPc IIIWt)

"Well joining up you your gang seems to be the only way I can return to something similar to my old life. Plus, the sword is pretty neat, I'll say that."

Will the uniform away and check my 'phone' for any new messages.

"Y-your old life? You want to go back to that?" Chen seems suddenly pretty creeped out.
"Well, it's not like you killed people for fun, right?" Makoto says, grinning. "It's all about what we're used to, you know?"
"America still exists," says Chen. "You can go there if you like."

You check your phone for messages after the uniform melts into dust. None from Mom... although you're sure you got a notification that wasn't there before. It reads... 'study for midterms on Wednesday'... 3 days overdue. The current day is... Tuesday.
It appears you have some prior obligations to attend to soon.

Ozarck (Di/Makiko) (4Df 3Pw 7Pc 2Wt)

If the creature charges Makiko, she'll try to leap over it's attack, and attack the smoldering part of it's back. If it goes for Nagisa instead, Makiko will attack another paw as it builds up speed.

It locks onto Nagisa. You stop it in its tracks by dashing to the other side of it (possible because your current Presence is twice as high) and slashing at its paw. It doesn't try to defend, and you slice off the other foot more cleanly this time, knowing the weakly-jointed construction.

You pass your advantage over to Nagisa for the finisher.

Sir Elventide (Giovanna/Nagisa) (3Df 3Pw 4Pc 6Wt)

Though her plan worked, Nagisa could see that there were still some fight left in the plant 'demon'. Just how much damage can this thing take? Nevertheless, she can see that the monster will try to charge so she backed up some until she was a foot away of a wall. She knew that the both of them must finish it off quickly so that they can hopefully catch the bus in time. Otherwise, they would have to wait for God knows how long for the next one and Nagisa wasn't in the mood for being targeted by another of those 'demons'. Quickly patting her clothing to extinguish the embers, Nagisa will:

Wait until the creature picks up speed before dodging at the last minute. Once the creature gets stunned after slamming into the wall behind her, Nagisa will finish it off with another shot in the head.

Makiko cuts off its front feet, leaving it defenseless and unable to resist as you level your weapon.

Makiko passes you her Advantage.

You pull the trigger, and suddenly the monster is engulfed in a cloud of magical smoke. The blast was much larger than it was before--and in fact you're not sure. Maybe the monster created this smoke. But it looks like the smoke from your gun, and as the smoke clears, it looks like there's nothing left.

Nothing except a broken mask, each half the size of a backpack. The face of a lion.

Wunderkatze (Ryzard/Mitsuru) (0Df 7Pw 4Pc 5Wt)

Returned?

"What does your master want with me?" Mitsuru interjects.

"Well, moreso... to some extent.

There are buyers, and then there are sellers. But the details do not matter much. It is the potential my master values. One is enough. Two... that would be splendid."

Spoiler: Notes/Status (click to show/hide)

killerhellhound (Lanfrank/Ryo) (5Df 4Pw 3Pc 4Wt)

What? How could he know?

"So I'm not the only one returned" he said looking at the girl in the doorway. Turning back to the assasain

"Now if you know who I am then you know how much I can make you scream.
" Punctuating his point with a light pressure on the sword enough to break skin.

"So who is your boss, why does he want people like us and how did he know we were here?"

"An assassin's honor is his lifeblood. I will not betray my own master."
He doesn't seem to plan on conceding.

Spoiler: Items and Status (click to show/hide)
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 29