Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 29

Author Topic: River of Lost Souls: IC Thread  (Read 48676 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: River of Lost Souls: IC Thread
« Reply #285 on: January 20, 2018, 02:37:48 am »

"Oh, Nagisa!" Makiko squeaks. "Don't wear it, the, just don't!" I don't ... that's horrible. Don't die Nagisa!"

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: January 20, 2018, 03:04:05 am »

"Hmm, so this half can be made into an accessory," Nagisa said, becoming a bit worried. "However, it emits a feeling of... despair. I'm worried that it will bring me an overwhelming sense of sadness. I just may commit suicide again."
"Really you got a second chance after throwing away your first there goes the theory about being given a new life after having our last one stolen"
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
  • The sword cuts with finality when guided by wisdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: January 20, 2018, 11:04:30 am »

"That's is so true,  even if we don't necessarily have to be literally born again, " Nagisa said as she turned to comfort Makiko. "Don't worry,  I have no intention to end it all again,  not when this new world is becoming more interesting.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: January 21, 2018, 09:41:13 pm »

"Wait, you mean me?" Mitsuru asks with delayed reaction.

"I'm Ryzard. I'm like 100 years old, is that what you want to know?" Mitsuru asks.
 "What is this ghost hunting club anyways?"
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: January 22, 2018, 09:12:43 pm »

"Who, her? I have no idea. Anyway, if you know people from a 'ghost-hunting club' then why are you here by your lonesome?"
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: January 23, 2018, 02:22:42 am »

"Who, her? I have no idea. Anyway, if you know people from a 'ghost-hunting club' then why are you here by your lonesome?"
"Wait, you mean me?" Mitsuru asks with delayed reaction.

"I'm Ryzard. I'm like 100 years old, is that what you want to know?" Mitsuru asks.
 "What is this ghost hunting club anyways?"

"Don't you get it?" she says, a devilish grin spanning between her cheeks. "I'm the ghost, he he he..."

She coughs and clears her throat.

"People like yourself, son of Rome, and you, man-woman of hundred years, oft gather in the ghost hunting club after classes. Of course, they reject the ones who can't see the spirits...

...I myself may or may not play a role in that...

But they won't refuse you two. The reason for the club is to band against the hellspawn of forms, which I think you just now referred to as they, son of Rome."

"That's is so true,  even if we don't necessarily have to be literally born again, " Nagisa said as she turned to comfort Makiko. "Don't worry,  I have no intention to end it all again,  not when this new world is becoming more interesting.
"Hmm, so this half can be made into an accessory," Nagisa said, becoming a bit worried. "However, it emits a feeling of... despair. I'm worried that it will bring me an overwhelming sense of sadness. I just may commit suicide again."
"Really you got a second chance after throwing away your first there goes the theory about being given a new life after having our last one stolen"
"Oh, Nagisa!" Makiko squeaks. "Don't wear it, the, just don't!" I don't ... that's horrible. Don't die Nagisa!"

Miya rests her head on her arms in confusion while chewing a chocolate-coated biscuit stick.

"I feel like the three of you are a little intimidated by these things."

She pulls the forbidden necklace out of her school bag.

"I mean, you have the right to! It's a scary world out there. There's lots of things just waiting in the dark. Who knows how many of them don't have owners anymore!
If I were you, I'd keep an eye out for sly tricks. Lilith's a good girl, but she's not very bright. The cunning ones know how to make you doubt your own common sense."

She undoes the knot and draws it toward her neck.

"When I wear this, Lilith suddenly gets a lot more alert," she pauses to munch on her candy. "Strange things always seem to happen right around lunchtime, so it makes sense that Lilith was acting strangely a moment ago..."

« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 02:24:35 am by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: January 23, 2018, 03:50:05 am »

"Maybe the monsters get peckish too?
Ryo commented finishing off his second plate of food
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: January 23, 2018, 09:34:58 am »

"If what you say is true, " Nagisa said as she glanced around the cafeteria. "Then perhaps something strange had already occurred which would explain Lilith's actions earlier. Perhaps the cause of that event could still be around?"

Use all of perception to pick up on strange events that the others may have missed

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: January 23, 2018, 02:09:28 pm »

Follow Nagisa's lead and be all perceptive. Try not to hide under the table with my centipede.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: January 24, 2018, 03:04:38 am »

There's a lot more to this revival thing than I had originally guessed. Maybe I'm still dead and this is just some kind of death dream. Mitsuru pinches herself. "Ow!" she squeals a bit.

"Anyways... What's the difference between you and the hellspawn? And how do you hunt these 'ghosts' or whatever?"
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: January 25, 2018, 01:08:19 am »

Can't say I wasn't thinking that myself.

"I think I'm somewhat familiar with these 'ghosts.' So, this club meets during lunch and you act as a recruiter of sorts?"
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: January 26, 2018, 03:36:40 am »

Follow Nagisa's lead and be all perceptive. Try not to hide under the table with my centipede.
"If what you say is true, " Nagisa said as she glanced around the cafeteria. "Then perhaps something strange had already occurred which would explain Lilith's actions earlier. Perhaps the cause of that event could still be around?"

Use all of perception to pick up on strange events that the others may have missed

[8 => 6] Combining your perceptive talents, you search for a wavelength, some sort of lighthouse in the murky avenues of light and shadow surrounding this world.
What you hear... is a doorbell.

"Hey, did you guys hear that too?" Miya seems to have noticed it already. "That 2nd lunch kid must be fighting on the track again."

There's a lot more to this revival thing than I had originally guessed. Maybe I'm still dead and this is just some kind of death dream. Mitsuru pinches herself. "Ow!" she squeals a bit.

"Anyways... What's the difference between you and the hellspawn? And how do you hunt these 'ghosts' or whatever?"
Can't say I wasn't thinking that myself.

"I think I'm somewhat familiar with these 'ghosts.' So, this club meets during lunch and you act as a recruiter of sorts?"

"You don't know of ghosts? Unless I was being misleading... Ghost Hunting is just a 'front,' the real purpose of the club is to attract those like you so you can learn to protect yourselves from the hellspawn." she says to Mitsuru.

I was once reborn in my current body, but I have my secrets.

The hellspawn I spoke of, were never once human. Best we know is that they are formed from concepts... inhuman things. They are unpredictable at best. And yet every single one of us was reborn into the world with one of these vermin, and they've proven so elusive to kill. They are the only beings which pose a threat to a human who's awakened in the spirit, but likewise we can be a threat to them with our own forms and ideas."

Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: January 26, 2018, 08:03:00 am »

Second lunch kid?

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: January 26, 2018, 09:00:40 am »

"Yes, I hear some sort of bell. What does it have to do with him?"

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: January 26, 2018, 10:49:17 pm »

Recalling her initial meeting with one of her kind, she decided she wasn't so sure how dedicated she'd be to fighting the "hellspawn" but Mitsuru decides to keep that secret for now.

"Teach me how to fight these monsters."

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 29